Ashers cake controversy.

Started by T Fearon, November 07, 2014, 06:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: screenexile on May 09, 2017, 09:09:33 AM
Quote from: whitey on May 09, 2017, 12:25:01 AM
So following the logic of the original lawsuit, an Orange Band Hall (with strong links to paramilitaries) could sue a Catholic bakery and make bake them a cake to celebrating some provocative and offensive event.....people need to grow the fvck up

So a gay message on a cake is akin to a message promoting paramilitary activity??

I'm pretty sure it's not but the fact you would equate the two speaks volumes!

Haha....to Christians like these ones, the notion that 2 fellas would be riding the arses of each other is beyond both comprehension and understanding.

There are lots of things that people find offensive....what about a caterer from a Nationalist area being asked to cater the retirement Party of a PSNI officer....following your logic they should be forced to take on the job they agree with it or not

StGallsGAA

Quote from: whitey on May 10, 2017, 12:36:31 AM
Quote from: screenexile on May 09, 2017, 09:09:33 AM
Quote from: whitey on May 09, 2017, 12:25:01 AM
So following the logic of the original lawsuit, an Orange Band Hall (with strong links to paramilitaries) could sue a Catholic bakery and make bake them a cake to celebrating some provocative and offensive event.....people need to grow the fvck up

So a gay message on a cake is akin to a message promoting paramilitary activity??

I'm pretty sure it's not but the fact you would equate the two speaks volumes!

Haha....to Christians like these ones, the notion that 2 fellas would be riding the arses of each other is beyond both comprehension and understanding.

There are lots of things that people find offensive....what about a caterer from a Nationalist area being asked to cater the retirement Party of a PSNI officer....following your logic they should be forced to take on the job they agree with it or not

Didn't realise the original cake order was to have a photo of 2 people riding the @r$€$ off one another.   This may be a revelation the court weren't aware of.  ::). Asher's should probably appeal on the basis of new evidence by Whitey.

whitey

Happy to help in any way I can

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 09, 2017, 09:55:43 PM
Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on May 09, 2017, 09:36:53 PM
I'm still waiting on the good Christian McArthur folk to challenge the Court of Appeal decision....oh well, it gave Daniel the opportunity to preach his message of the Lord to us all. Praise be to Jaysus.
When did you come back?!

Tony, I was released from custody, following the dropping of a blasphemy charge against me, just last week.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on May 10, 2017, 05:14:02 AM
I'm still waiting on the good Christian McArthur folk to challenge the Court of Appeal decision....oh well, it gave Daniel the opportunity to preach his message of the Lord to us all. Praise be to Jaysus.
When did you come back?!

Tony, I was released from custody, following the dropping of a blasphemy charge against me, just last week.
Good man, you're very welcome back. The gaaboard prayer club said a few decades of the rosary for you.

Avondhu star

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on May 10, 2017, 05:14:02 AM
When did you come back?!

Or were the charges dropped on condition you attend counselling?
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

I see the oul gay cake is back in the news today as more British taxpayers' money is to be wasted on bringing The Supreme Court to Belfast for a week next April to hear the sacred testimony of those decent Christian folks, The MacArthurs. Jesus will sadly not be in attendance as he's having his 40 days off. But, the Lord is on their side. Keep those pesky gays to their vile nightclubs. Praise be.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

quit yo jibbajabba

Think ill be collectin me pension and this yite will still be goin on

Orior

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on November 27, 2017, 04:56:12 PM
I see the oul gay cake is back in the news today as more British taxpayers' money is to be wasted on bringing The Supreme Court to Belfast for a week next April to hear the sacred testimony of those decent Christian folks, The MacArthurs. Jesus will sadly not be in attendance as he's having his 40 days off. But, the Lord is on their side. Keep those pesky gays to their vile nightclubs. Praise be.

A friend of a friend was recently sacked by Ashers, because the owner didn't like his attitude. The person had only worked for Ashers for a couple of months, did his job and never had any complaints.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tyrdub

Quote from: Orior on November 27, 2017, 08:42:27 PM
Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on November 27, 2017, 04:56:12 PM

A friend of a friend was recently sacked by Ashers, because the owner didn't like his attitude. The person had only worked for Ashers for a couple of months, did his job and never had any complaints.

i know a very good employment solicitor Orior  8) 8)

gallsman

Supreme court rules in favour of Asher's.

trailer

Quote from: gallsman on October 10, 2018, 10:31:28 AM

I think that's the correct outcome. You should be allowed to accept or decline any work you see fit.

themac_23

Quote from: trailer on October 10, 2018, 10:55:06 AM

I think that's the correct outcome. You should be allowed to accept or decline any work you see fit.

Agreed

gallsman

Quote from: trailer on October 10, 2018, 10:55:06 AM

Well, no, you shouldn't. Discrimination is wrong, period. What the ruling effectively says is that this wasn't discrimination.

Main Street

It was a good ruling and very well expressed.