Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 27, 2007, 01:12:51 AM
Quote from: Gnevin on August 27, 2007, 01:07:36 AM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 27, 2007, 01:05:55 AM
Quote from: Gnevin on August 27, 2007, 01:01:30 AM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 27, 2007, 12:55:20 AM
Quote from: Gnevin on August 27, 2007, 12:52:29 AM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 27, 2007, 12:49:44 AM
Just back from pub so im a little full..But i think Dublin deserved a draw today.The taunting comments are a little OTT as it wasn't as bad as the Laois game but yes i think Dublin should stop it as it is turning everyone against them.There is no place for it in Gaa IMHO and they done themselves no favours today
Thought Vaughan was bad today,and i think Pillar fucked up by bringing on the likes of Cosgrove and leaving Quinn on the bench
Im sure its the end for Sherlock,Cosgrove and maybe a few others?
Pray do tell what tautiing you are talking about

The taunting that there has been about 100 posts about if you read all the the threads
Are you talking about the Leinster final again ? If so i've already discussed that
I didn't see anything in today game , so if their was tell me me and i might remember or will be on the look out for tomorrows whe i re watch it

There was a bit Gnevin from Casey and Sherlock...The commentators even picked up on it,I saw match tonight in pub and there defo was some.But too be honest their was some from both sides
Look i really don't wanna get into all that again because you and I are never gonna agree on it.It happened today and im not the only one that saw it most of the posters here have commented on it if you have the time to read all the posts you'll see that

Can you link me to it ?
Im not denying it happened but i think its the lesser of two evils

If you read the latest scores thread and a few that were started after the match and go back a few pages on this thread you'll see the comments.I haven't made any but i did see it happen and im not the only one
As i said i'm not denying the post are there just too lazy to look for them myself  :D
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: SuperSub on August 27, 2007, 12:58:22 AM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 26, 2007, 08:40:48 PM
Just back from match...I have to honestly say i think the Dubs deserved a draw.Thought they were great in the last 20mins
What the f**k was Cluxton at though the stupid fool..Also why did Pillar bring on Ray Cosgrove and not bring in Mossy Quinn until the 68thmin?
Haven't time to write more as my brother just rang me on way home from Croker to tell me i have become an Uncle for the first time..My new little niece was born at 7.25pm ;D ;D ;D
So it's off to the pub with me!!!!

Congrats LL,Would i be right in saying this is a little Dub baby?

Thanks Supersub..Yeah your right its a Dub baby! Well it's half Durrow,Laois and half Raheeny,Dublin so its not a true dub! Anyways i don't care as long as it arrived safe and healthy
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tyrones own

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 27, 2007, 12:33:22 AM
QuoteDon't mind them Gnevin, Dublin didn't leave much on the field today.
All the ball breaking is only to take their minds off Cork, the fear is obvious,
Had Vaughn(sp) showed up at all it could have been a very different game.
Next year man...............

yeah, we are really afraid...<yawn>..change the record Tyrones own

Funny all i could get outta the yerra men today was that they would rather have
lost to Dublin today as Cork will beat them in the Final, the writing is on the wall Mikey
And you know it.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrones own

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on August 27, 2007, 12:44:51 AM
QuoteHad Vaughn(sp) showed up at all it could have been a very different game.

What exactly were you expecting Vaughan to do "had he showed up".

All year Vaughan has offered little from play but has been an exceptionally brilliant freetaker. Now he missed 1 today but I really don't think he was the difference between Dublin winning and losing.

To say he offered nothing from play is an understatement, he looked completely out of his depth today.
I agree He played a huge part in Dublin making the semi but today, come on :o
  - Walter Lippmann

Mike Sheehy

QuoteFunny all i could get outta the yerra men today was that they would rather have
lost to Dublin today as Cork will beat them in the Final, the writing is on the wall Mikey
And you know it.

The only writing on the wall is

Kerry - AI finalists 2007
Tyrone - dumped in the qtr finals

read it and weep...

Rav67

At least he bothers to mention Moynihan and Gooch as good players along with O'Se in the past 20 years, what about Maurice Fitz??

Tyrones own

Yerra FFS, Tis pure football lads :D :D :D
  - Walter Lippmann

Declan

Well done to Kerry. Fully deserved their victory but a great effort from Dublin. Never gave up and kept trying till the end but just not good enough unfortunately. Only forward to play at all was Alan Brogan but the main difference was that when Kerry had periods of dominance they scored heavily but we didn't. We just struggled to convert possession into scores two bad goal misses compared to O'Sullivan's finish and don't know what the hell came over Cluxton. I actually thought Whelan did OK yesterday but Vaughan had a nightmare and should have been called ashore earlier. Anyway thanks to all the lads for giving us a great year again. If Whelan and Jayo call it a day well thanks for the memories pity we couldn't win an AI but we'll keep trying. Having been at the two semis there was no comparison in the two games and the level of intensity yesterday was something else. If Kerry play like that they'll again they'll win.

GalwaySham

QuoteOnly forward to play at all was Alan Brogan

What about Keaney? I thought he played well yesterday.

Dublin just didnt have enough depth, I think Ray Cosgrove is a decent player but relying on him to change things...
Whereas Kerry didnt even have to bring on MF Russell!

Just a point too, Why was Griffing left on Cooper? He was left on Bray for the 2 matched aginst Meath too despite being cleaned.

Barney

Hayes predicted that Laois would win the All ireland in his preview at the start of the year

Barney

QuoteAnd to think we let this clown live in Ros 

Where else would you put a clown but in the circus. Ros is Ireland's Big Top.

Ball Hopper

Quote from: GalwaySham on August 27, 2007, 07:57:20 AM

Just a point too, Why was Griffing left on Cooper? He was left on Bray for the 2 matched aginst Meath too despite being cleaned.

Nobody else in the subs capable, or worthy of trying according to the actions of the manager?

Kerry have a great bench...makes a huge difference in speed of making changes.

Bud Wiser

QuoteDo you think bringing on Cosgrove was a mistake?

Ah he was Ok Laoislad.   He missed a goal that could have changed the result but at least he was in the zone.  He also had a "Joe Reilly" shot.  (J.R.S. - One that bounced off the top of the mast and came back to catch out the defence)  that would have been a great point.

Vaughen was showing his soccer skills during the break of the minor game down at the Hill.  He sent a screamer wide as well.

Hound

Quote from: GalwaySham on August 27, 2007, 07:57:20 AM

Did yu think so?

I thought Griff did alright. In the first half, the three 50/50 balls that went in high to them - Griff won them all. And Kerry were clever enough to stop doing it. Gooch got nothing easy, his scores were beauties from long range. He did see a lot of ball in the second half but  he never once went by Griffin and he nearly always passed the ball backwards.

baoithe

Quote from: Hardy on August 27, 2007, 12:45:20 AM

Hound - I'm still trying to work out "not that I dont wish he wasnt". ???  :D

I think Hayes is the journalism/sporting equivalent of the famous writer/surgeon Oliver St. John Gogarty. In the medical world he was a good writer; in the literary world he was a good doctor.

I've seldom come across anybody who can be wrong so often and still continue to get paid for his opinion.

;D ;D