The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: supersub on October 31, 2020, 09:47:47 PM
The whole poor defence thing is somewhat of a red herring if you look at the bigger picture. None of the teams competing at the top are keeping goals out to any great extent. So the fact Liverpool's defence is not as strong at the moment as it has been, isn't that much of a hindrance. City and Leicester for example are just as likely to concede as Liverpool at the moment.

Allison, is part of things being more comfortable. A good goalie makes defenders relax as they know their mistakes are less likely be punished. This positivity/Confidence feeds through. A confidence that Karius/Mingolet/Adrian never had.

GetOverTheBar

The biggest concern I would say was until Salah's blatent dive, there wasn't a shot on target.

supersub

Yep, In this particular game, but that is uncharacteristic and as such isn't really a concern.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: supersub on October 31, 2020, 11:37:17 PM
Yep, In this particular game, but that is uncharacteristic and as such isn't really a concern.
7 matches, 1 clean sheet. Conceded multiples against Leeds and Everton on top of the Villa anomaly. Delusional if you don't believe it's an issue. Look at the GA columns for the past 2 seasons. Yes it's great that they are grinding out the wins but they can't go a whole season like that whilst shipping goals.

Hound

1929 since a team conceded this many goals in so few matches, and went on to win the league.

Watch out Sheffield Wednesday - We're coming after your record!!

supersub

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 31, 2020, 11:50:55 PM
Quote from: supersub on October 31, 2020, 11:37:17 PM
7 matches, 1 clean sheet. Conceded multiples against Leeds and Everton on top of the Villa anomaly. Delusional if you don't believe it's an issue. Look at the GA columns for the past 2 seasons. Yes it's great that they are grinding out the wins but they can't go a whole season like that whilst shipping goals.

Read it again. Nothing delusional I'm afraid. I was replying to the comment about the penalty being the first shot on target, and that being a concern. Which it isn't, as it's uncharacteristic, attacking play has been decent.

brokencrossbar1

The Villa game was a weird anomaly that sometimes happens. Remove it from the games and it's 8 in 6 games. Everton for instance have 9 in 6, Chelsea have 9 in 7, City have 8 in 6, United have 12 in 6!  No teams are consistently defensively strong. Given the injuries we have suffered in the recent weeks I reckon we are sitting ok.

Boycey

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 01, 2020, 12:34:40 PM
The Villa game was a weird anomaly that sometimes happens. Remove it from the games and it's 8 in 6 games. Everton for instance have 9 in 6, Chelsea have 9 in 7, City have 8 in 6, United have 12 in 6!  No teams are consistently defensively strong. Given the injuries we have suffered in the recent weeks I reckon we are sitting ok.

Trumpesque use of stats there, remove the result that doesn't suit you but leave an 'amomaly' in another teams stats and emphasize it with a !

:)

From the Bunker

The Stat that does not lie is that Liverpool are top of the League and top of their Champions League Group. A sh1t result in the middle of all that, is just that - a sh1t result! The league is not about them winning all their games, Just about winning more than the next best team.

All this despite a sh1te run of VAR decisions, defensive errors,  injuries, not to mention two seriously intense previous seasons trying to and winning the Premier League and claiming the Champions League. The standard set those two seasons were insane. Players are going to lose hunger, be a bit more weary. Opposing sides are going to develop better systems to counteract Klopps tactics.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Boycey on November 01, 2020, 12:52:47 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 01, 2020, 12:34:40 PM

Trumpesque use of stats there, remove the result that doesn't suit you but leave an 'amomaly' in another teams stats and emphasize it with a !

:)

Just showing that all teams are shipping goals. United has an anomalous result against Spurs, City had one against Leicester. The only stat that counts though is that we are currently top of the league.

laoislad

Everton beaten. Liverpool will remain top this weekend regardless of other results now.
Not bad for a team in crisis... ;)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

RedHand88

Quote from: laoislad on November 01, 2020, 04:01:33 PM
Everton beaten. Liverpool will remain top this weekend regardless of other results now.
Not bad for a team in crisis... ;)

I know wait to liverpool actually hit form!

Armamike

Tony's looking a bit of airplay here. A tad sensationalist.  No mention of Vardy, Kane etc. If it was an English player...
That's just, like your opinion man.