Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ciaran1988 on November 25, 2019, 04:19:33 AM
Anyone know if your allowed to go watch the senior county team training? My young nephew is bending me ear about taking him so he can get players signatures on his Hurl  ;D

It's not like they are training behind closed doors, I'd be amazed if you weren't allowed.

Antrim football team was training at Jordanstown last week, I was walking the dogs so didn't get any autographs!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Anybody know the back room set up that Darren Gleason has or any other new additions to the panel?

Na Glinntí Glasa

johnny campbell is part of the set up now i was told. if so thats another good appointment for the panel. a good hurler, defender and has a wealth of experience to offer the set up.
hurl like f**k boi!

ciaran1988

Great to see big Domhall Nugent back doing damage in the Saffron jersey

imtommygunn

It'd be great to get a big physical presence in the forward line McManus aside. Badly needed.

imtommygunn

I see on twitter Watson retired. He was some talent. Thought he maybe had a year or two in him but he's done plenty anyway. I think he's taking up motocross.

Na Glinntí Glasa

seen that as well. fantastic hurler in his day, one of the best forwards about but his best days are by him now. Age gets everyone at some stage in this game.

but here you never know with him. id not be surprised to see him reappear again at some stage in the season lol
hurl like f**k boi!

Jesusjones

Watson is still one of the best forwards in Ulster. If Loughgiel had got him more ball in the County Semi Final they probably would have beat Dunloy. I suspect he'll hurl again.

Na Glinntí Glasa

decent showing from the lads at the weekend against Galway. seems to be a good solid squad of players in the panel and they are all buying into whats going on. promising signs for the year ahead if we have all those players
hurl like f**k boi!

Pearse Blue

Quote from: Dunloy realist on December 17, 2019, 01:27:45 PM
decent showing from the lads at the weekend against Galway. seems to be a good solid squad of players in the panel and they are all buying into whats going on. promising signs for the year ahead if we have all those players
Expected to see a few more of your men involved, are they taking a break?

Na Glinntí Glasa

keelan molloy and coby will be back in the fold at the start of the year. Nicky mc keague, ryan elliot, ryan mcgarry, Eoin O'Neill, Ronan molloy & phelim duffin are all there at the moment.

good amount of them involved now, the most we've had for a long time.

Its a really good panel we have there now with the best of the club hurlers about. Neil mcmanus, james mc naughton, eoin campbell, gerard walsh, conor johnston etc etc. fantastic players and they are all putting their shoulder to the wheel with the commitment and training.

encouraging signs so far
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Pearse Blue on December 17, 2019, 02:30:09 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on December 17, 2019, 01:27:45 PM
Expected to see a few more of your men involved, are they taking a break?

I thought there was plenty, more than some other clubs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Pearse Blue

Where should Antrim Rank overall? Top..

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Pearse Blue on December 18, 2019, 09:23:42 AM
Where should Antrim Rank overall? Top..

In terms of where?

Joe McDonagh is very tough to call next year. Carlow will be a tough, as will westmeath. it all depends how antrim fare during the league and what way we are in terms of the panel at that stage
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

To be honest the teams at the top are too strong for us. We would want a couple of wins and to avoid relegation. Final a big bonus.

Developing younger players a big thing I think too.