Dublin v Kerry AISF

Started by tonto1888, June 29, 2022, 09:04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone08

That Dublin keeper should be called out for the antics he was at yesterday. Feigning injury out of no where right before the penalty then shaking the goal posts at the end.

bcarrier

I suspect McStay and Canning shaped a lot of peoples perception of the follow up to the penalty. I am just glad they weren't refereeing.

marty34

Be good if Maloney and Fitzmaurice get the Final gig but I can't see it.

Jobs for the old boys club.

caprea

Quote from: bcarrier on July 11, 2022, 09:27:29 AM
I suspect McStay and Canning shaped a lot of peoples perception of the follow up to the penalty. I am just glad they weren't refereeing.

He kicks the ball with the right (hard but totally fair), kicks the head with the left in a clearly deliberate action.

That's the problem people have with it. You would have the same problem if it happened to you.

Rudi

Quote from: gallsman on July 10, 2022, 05:36:33 PM
Lads need to wise up about "O'Shea shouldn't have been on the pitch". If only he'd given Comerford the boot in the bollocks be deserved as well as the head.

;D Your some craic.

The ball was there to be contested, the knee into the head was a follow through, still a yellow card & a free out. Comerford acted the maggot & a kick in the balls would have been deserved. I watched it on sky, could not listen to Canning or McStay. Mind you Donnaghy wasn't much better. Canavan & McGuiness are good & easy to listen too, the presenter of the show is also good.

Second best game of the year, enjoyed it.

caprea

Quote from: Rudi on July 11, 2022, 10:45:12 AM
Quote from: gallsman on July 10, 2022, 05:36:33 PM
Lads need to wise up about "O'Shea shouldn't have been on the pitch". If only he'd given Comerford the boot in the bollocks be deserved as well as the head.

;D Your some craic.

The ball was there to be contested, the knee into the head was a follow through, still a yellow card & a free out. Comerford acted the maggot & a kick in the balls would have been deserved. I watched it on sky, could not listen to Canning or McStay. Mind you Donnaghy wasn't much better. Canavan & McGuiness are good & easy to listen too, the presenter of the show is also good.

Second best game of the year, enjoyed it.

So it was a yellow card? So the ref got it wrong?

Captain Scarlet

McStay was praising his fellow Rossie saying how great he was towards the end of the game after saying in the 1st half he had got all the big calls wrong.

You can say it was a soft free, but soft in the sense that it was stupid to give away. Clifford was at speed running away from goal 55m out! Really silly defending.

Then McStay calling for a red and when we go back even Ciaran Whelan wasn't complaining about the follow-up kick. I would argue that everyone saying how soft the penalty was failed to point out that O'Dell's left leg came across. He didn't complain at the time either, so he knew he had made a bollox of it!

Christ please please Darragh and Eamon for the Final!!
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Gael85

Kerry well deserved the win.Dublin poor first half and only played for  10-15 minutes. O'Shea probably should have been booked into first half but showed nerves of steel to kick that free.

yellowcard

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on July 11, 2022, 11:34:48 AM
McStay was praising his fellow Rossie saying how great he was towards the end of the game after saying in the 1st half he had got all the big calls wrong.

You can say it was a soft free, but soft in the sense that it was stupid to give away. Clifford was at speed running away from goal 55m out! Really silly defending.

Then McStay calling for a red and when we go back even Ciaran Whelan wasn't complaining about the follow-up kick. I would argue that everyone saying how soft the penalty was failed to point out that O'Dell's left leg came across. He didn't complain at the time either, so he knew he had made a bollox of it!

Christ please please Darragh and Eamon for the Final!!

Silly free to concede but still a free nonetheless. The penalty was fairly soft but still a penalty too. The Kerry 14 metre free to go one up prior to that was a much softer one where the defender done everything right. Overall though I thought the referee done well, tried to let the game flow as much as possible.

Gael85

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 10, 2022, 09:33:30 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on July 10, 2022, 09:31:15 PM
Without a doubt if Con had played Dublin would have won.

He played last year and Dublin lost to Mayo.

Con played out of position last year at 11. Dessie failure to bring Kilkenny out to centre forward cost Dublin the game against Mayo last year. Con would have made difference inside yesterday.

gallsman

Quote from: Gael85 on July 11, 2022, 11:42:39 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 10, 2022, 09:33:30 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on July 10, 2022, 09:31:15 PM
Without a doubt if Con had played Dublin would have won.

He played last year and Dublin lost to Mayo.

Con played out of position last year at 11. Dessie failure to bring Kilkenny out to centre forward cost Dublin the game against Mayo last year. Con would have made difference inside yesterday.

Blah blah blah and if Clifford was fully fit he'd have rinsed them for another 6 points in the second half etc.

J70

He had only a small role in the game, but fair fucks to Paul Murphy for having the balls to play the pass to Clifford to win that free at the end.

Think back to Donegal in the Ulster Final. We had the ball after a Derry miss, over a minute left to play in a level game in injury time. Instead of showing some balls and trying to work it up the field to try to win the game, we instead proceeded to handpass the ball around our own 45, everyone afraid to be the one to take a chance on losing the ball in a turnover, instead happy to take the game to extra time.

Dublin could easily have turned over that ball into Clifford, but those players are obviously coached and encouraged to have a go.

Fair play to both teams yesterday. That was two teams just going at it, playing brave, intelligent, highly entertaining football, won by a kick that will go down in GAA history.

Clifford - those first half points were just mind-boggling. Has there been another player who could do what he can, the sheer breadth of his skills, winning ball, throwing shapes to make a quick yard of space, using those inches of room to hit outrageously accurate shots from all over the place with either foot?

Baile an tuaigh

Just on the point about the commentary. I was very fortunate to watch both semifinals in the company of two Armagh players, two Tyrone players and three kilcoo players.

I brought up the point that McStay, Canning and Morrisey can be shockingly negative.

Where in the other hand everyone agreed that Maloney who brings alot of enthusiasm along with Fitmaurices expert analysis was the best combination going.

tonto1888

Quote from: caprea on July 11, 2022, 10:18:11 AM
Quote from: bcarrier on July 11, 2022, 09:27:29 AM

He kicks the ball with the right (hard but totally fair), kicks the head with the left in a clearly deliberate action.

That's the problem people have with it. You would have the same problem if it happened to you.

Clearly deliberate. Lol

Cavan19

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on July 11, 2022, 12:46:11 PM
Just on the point about the commentary. I was very fortunate to watch both semifinals in the company of two Armagh players, two Tyrone players and three kilcoo players.

I brought up the point that McStay, Canning and Morrisey can be shockingly negative.

Where in the other hand everyone agreed that Maloney who brings alot of enthusiasm along with Fitmaurices expert analysis was the best combination going.

How was that fortunate what was so special about it?