Manager Of The Year?

Started by Bud Wiser, November 11, 2006, 12:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

Just wanted to give the new board a test drive and I take a quick look back at the year.  Too easy to name Manager of the year, hurling has to be Brian Cody, again, and football Jack O'Connor.  Same with hurler and footballer so I thought I would invite a few nominations for other awards like;

BUSINESSMAN OF THE YEAR:  Nicky Brennan who almost qualified for a job on the board of Ryanair when he suggested that no      managers should get paid, not even at club level.  Had he not allowed expenses the job was his.

MANAGERS PEP TALK OF THE YEAR:  "C'mon lads, it's too rough out there, we are going home, I'm not asking ye to go out for the second quarter, someone will get hurt".  Sean Boylans motivational skills at their best.

STATEMENT OF THE YEAR:  After the Dub's trounced Laois Micko said " I did not attend the training sessions but from now on I am going to take a personal interest and see can we get back on track"  (Well said Micko, wasn't that what you were supposed to be doing)

EMBARRISING MOMENT OF THE YEAR:  Close between my own county, Laois and Wicklow but after the Camross/Castletown debacle last Sundays U21 Football Final saw a good ould melee between Arles-Kilcruise and The Heath involving players and spectators.  Three red cards and Arles walking off the pitch before the game ended just shades it for us.

CUTE HOOR OF THE YEAR. He is in Wicklow now where you and I and Nicky know his devotion to bringing on weaker counties and his love of the game is the sole reason he is there.

GOOF OF THE YEAR.   Mattie Forde for walking on a player that he could have easily walked over and made all the bigger by the way it was handled and washed out on telly and in the press.

LOSS OF THE YEAR:   Quite a few actually like Brian Lohan, Wheelehan and a few more but no walking off the stage could match the stride of the great DJ Carey.

GAME OF THE YEAR:  Waterford v Tipp on 4th June or Tipp v Cork in Munster Final.  Apart from Kilkenny there are no other counties at the races and it has to be one or d'other of them. (hurling needs a kick in the arse from those on high instead of International Rules, even stil it is better than football)

MOAN OF THE YEAR:  Yep, sour grapes in the Aldi bag complete with a Revenue Form for reclaiming tax on your bin tags goes to Croke Park Resident's Association.

P45 OF THE YEAR.    Goes to Ger "Physicality" Loughnane who gave up his position on RTE as a paid pundit to give his time freely and without a Euro to manage Galway to "maybe win an All-Ireland in year one, but certainly in year two" 

Class can add on as you wish.

ONeill

Point of the Year: Mickey Harte making the point that the IR is a waste of time.

Pat Spillane Bollix of the Year: Pillar Caffrey's attack on Beefer.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Elias

Runner up on Statement of the Year:
"That was our All-Ireland Final" - Derry fans after beating Tyrone in the Ulster 1/4 final

AbbeySider

Its a bit early for this malarkey but I enjoyed going back to read this one. This is a Mayo perspective but its only a bit of fun!

BUSINESSMAN OF THE YEAR: A consortium of local businessmen that voiced their frustration at the manner in which Carlow County Board sought to fill the managerial vacancy. They stood up to "demand professionalism and a certain degree of success" from their County Board

STATEMENT OF THE YEAR: Conor Mortimors "Comeuppance" speech after Mayo beating Dublin in the All-Ireland Semi's

EMBARRISING MOMENT OF THE YEAR:  Talking to a Kerry man a few weeks ago in Galway. Regarding the All-Ireland win he said
"We couldn't even celebrate it..." Ouch... the embarrassment was unbearable.

CUTE HOOR OF THE YEAR. Jack O Connor for exposing us so convincingly.

GOOF OF THE YEAR. Mickey Moran not having a plan for Donnaughy and Kerry in general. An honourable mention to the 'Piller who switched Shane Ryan from mid-field in the Dublin game, and then took him off. Cheers for that one!

LOSS OF THE YEAR: DJ Carey, and perhaps David Brady for Mayo (if he stays gone)

GAME OF THE YEAR: All-Ireland Semi Final Dublin Vs Mayo

MOAN OF THE YEAR: Every moan about the Mayo management this year

P45 OF THE YEAR. The sensational and controversial resignation/sacking of Moran and Morrison from Mayo

Mayo4Sam

QuoteSTATEMENT OF THE YEAR: Conor Mortimors "Comeuppance" speech after Mayo beating Dublin in the All-Ireland Semi's

Honourable mention has to go to CM for "Its great to get a chance to win it on your own" after the connaught final

QuoteMOAN OF THE YEAR: Every moan about the Mayo management this year

Honourable mentions to galway for BJP free and the dubs for stealing "their" hill end

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

lynchbhoy

Manager of the Year
Paddy Crozier for masterminding the only result Derry people know that counts in the country - the Ulster clashes between
Derry and their southerly great unwashed banjo playing monobrowed neighbours .

After devising a plan and outwitting AI winning manager Mickey Harte, and the Derry team outplaying their tyrone scuba sub aqua GAA team opponents

Paddy C and the Derry side realised they need not do any more that year.

They proved who the best team were

Paddy gets my vote as normally he wouldnt have any tactical clue. That one days genius and utter humiliation of Tyrone (which still has them spitting acid) makes paddy Manager of the year

:D

Bart1

T Fearon

Great days for Fermanagh,providing us with the First Minister and possibly winning the Mc Kenna Cup