UTV Less

Started by An Fear Rua, October 15, 2008, 01:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fear Rua

Word on the street that there will be plenty of casualties including some high profile ones......
Its Grim up North

Maguire01

No harm. There's more than a few muppets at UTV.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Merge UTV and TV3 and we might get a more balanced station - sure they show the same stuff anyway.
Tbc....

An Fear Rua

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 15, 2008, 01:39:20 PM

Lets just say one or two of these will be a bit of a shock..
Its Grim up North

ziggysego

It'll shed the fat of useless programmes like UTV Life and that wee chatshow on a Monday night.
Testing Accessibility

Bensars

Quote from: An Fear Rua on October 15, 2008, 01:44:54 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on October 15, 2008, 01:39:20 PM

Lets just say one or two of these will be a bit of a shock..

Come on spill the beans

kinghen

i may or may not be related to frank mitchell (mcclorey)

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: kinghen on October 15, 2008, 01:53:52 PM
i may or may not be related to frank mitchell (mcclorey)

Is he not McClory?
Tbc....

Minder

Would anyone really give a toss if any of the "personalities" from UTV get the hammer ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ziggysego

Well I like Frank and his weather watchers. Get rid of the sports presenter. The old man with glasses, can't mind his name.
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

YAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNN
You'll Never Walk Alone.

An Fear Rua

Redundancies

Of the proposed redundancies, the camera, sound and studio services divisions will each lose up to three staff members.

Correspondents, senior journalists and administration teams will each lose up to four people.

Two editors will be made redundant as well as up to two presenters, while one person will be made redundant in the editing team, as well as a PA and a sports journalist.

Three cross platform journalist positions will be created under the restructure.

All I can say is that a well know senior person, who you would be used to seeing on the 6pm slot, has been made redundant. This person would normally be seen midway through the bulletin...

Its Grim up North

Down Gael

They could get rid of Logie, no one would notice.

fred the red

u tv, its your tv. YEAH RIGHT

Down Gael

Utv is Unionist TV, ask Logie.

Quote from: An Fear Rua on October 15, 2008, 02:00:55 PM
All I can say is that a well know senior person, who you would be used to seeing on the 6pm slot, has been made redundant. This person would normally be seen midway through the bulletin...

Why the secrecy? Its no big deal. No one really gives a toss who gets the boot from UTV.