Kerry v Throne AIQF - Saturday July 1st

Started by Ciarrai_thuaidh, June 26, 2023, 07:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciarrai_thuaidh

So...surely there's 100 pages in this one given the history!

It's funny, wouldn't half as confident as I was of a win going into the 2021 Semi final. But can see us winning if David Cliff, Seánie and Paudie are on song. Midfield area is the big concern for me. And who is going to mark Darragh Canavan. Tom Sull would normally take McCurry with Foley on Donnelly but Tom may need to take Darragh Canavan. Don't see another viable option.

Going to be interesting as always anyway!
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

yellowcard

Nine times out of ten Kerry would have won that match in 2021 but everything fell Tyrone's way on the day and fair play to them for capitalising. But they've produced nothing since then to back it up. Man for man Kerry are much superior to Tyrone and I actually think they will win this very comfortably as Tyrone are not great in defence.

Blowitupref

Quote from: yellowcard on June 26, 2023, 07:41:27 PM
Nine times out of ten Kerry would have won that match in 2021 but everything fell Tyrone's way on the day and fair play to them for capitalising. But they've produced nothing since then to back it up. Man for man Kerry are much superior to Tyrone and I actually think they will win this very comfortably as Tyrone are not great in defence.

Have beaten Kerry twice in the league since that 2021 championship meeting. In March against a full strength Kerry 1-15 to 2-8
And last year in Killarney 1-15 to 2-11 the only league or championship defeat Kerry had in 2022. 
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

NotedObserver

Tyrone were down to 14 men for 2 black card periods and there wasn't much in the game at all.

yellowcard

Quote from: NotedObserver on June 26, 2023, 07:57:58 PM

Tyrone were down to 14 men for 2 black card periods and there wasn't much in the game at all.

It was a similar type smash and grab that Donegal carried out on Dublin in 2014. Tyrone got goals at the right time but Kerry were very naive defensively. That's why they brought Tally in since then to shore them up. Tally will have the inside knowledge needed and Kerry will not be as naive again.

Dire Ear

Imho, Tyrone have better backs,  midfield and both teams have some very tasty forwards
Fully expect Darragh to be taken out of it early on .........again.  Kerry have a habit of that
Tyrone to win by 3

tyrone08

That often gets overlooked. People said Kerry were unlucky that day however they failed to acknowledge that Tyrone played with 14 men for 20 minutes.

However given the Tyrone panel is lighter this year I would say Kerry will win it.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Dire Ear on June 26, 2023, 08:02:53 PM
Imho, Tyrone have better backs,  midfield and both teams have some very tasty forwards
Fully expect Darragh to be taken out of it early on .........again.  Kerry have a habit of that
Tyrone to win by 3

Because that's not something that Tyrone would do at all, at all..

I agree Tyrone midfield is stronger possibly. It's not really about who has stronger "backs" these days so much as how quickly can you get your cover in place or even more importantly that you don't give away shabby turnovers like we did in 2021. The McKenna and McShane goals in that game were shocking from a defensive viewpoint.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

tyrone08

Quote from: Dire Ear on June 26, 2023, 08:02:53 PM
Tyrone to win by 3

Think you might be right here. Calling that Kerry forwards gets at least 2 yellow cards for cynical tackles and a bad challenge on a Tyrone player which the ref will cop out and give a yellow for

rrhf

Where we are is a bonus and I couldn't be prouder of this group of lads... the likes of Mattie Donnelly, Hampsey,Harte and Mc Curry have led so well and brought what was a tired team back to Croker. I fully expect Kerry to justify their hot favourites tag and have them backed all year for 2 in a row. A step too far perhaps  for our warriors but if you are going to beat you might as well be beat by Kerry...

Captain Obvious

Quote from: yellowcard on June 26, 2023, 08:02:35 PM

It was a similar type smash and grab that Donegal carried out on Dublin in 2014. Tyrone got goals at the right time but Kerry were very naive defensively. That's why they brought Tally in since then to shore them up. Tally will have the inside knowledge needed and Kerry will not be as naive again.

Did you watch Kerry v Mayo match a few week ago? If Kerry defend as poorly again Tyrone will win this game.

rrhf

Tyrone as a team don't have the energy of Kerry as a team. If Kerry win this all Ireland they will be well on their way to team of the decade and I for one would be the first to applaud them...

kickingmule

This  game is probably the toughest of all to call, both teams know each other so well. Both Kerry and Tyrone will have been timing their tilt at Sam. And can see the all ireland 🇮🇪  champions coming from this match. Easy the most exciting two sides left chasing Sam.both teams have great players throughout and I hope either side win the All Ireland.

BrotherMore6592

Yawn 🥱 🎣

Are the buckfast buses booked yet

Wildweasel74

This Kerry team is not as good as the 00's team, the presence of Clifford makes a massive difference but if he gets injured they fucked. Midfield likely be better if J Barry not on, he's good man marking Fenton but against most other opposition, he plays poor enough.