Started by AZOffaly, October 06, 2017, 10:56:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on October 12, 2017, 05:54:53 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on October 12, 2017, 04:14:20 AM
Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on October 12, 2017, 01:00:18 AM
Quote from: mrhardyannual on October 11, 2017, 06:59:38 PM
Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on October 11, 2017, 03:37:34 PM
Saw the clips of the interview..couldn't get away from the thought that only someone who is quite mental would become a priest really.
Or truly dedicated. Fair play to him. He had a degree and a teaching job that he gave up to follow this path. How much the poorer would our communities be but for him and others like him.

So instead of educating kids, he now dedicates himself to an imaginary being..how noble!  ::)

You may believe that but he and his congregation don't.

Thankfully (in my view) the number of people involved in such things is ever decreasing.

....Except the number of Catholics is in fact still growing after tripling from mid 20th century remaining steady at least in line with population.

Also in the scenario were followers were declining wouldn't that make it even more noble to follow something you believe in by bucking the trend? It would in my book but your entitled to your opinion.

armaghniac

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on October 12, 2017, 06:39:28 PM
I said "in my view", so get over yourself. Believe what you want to believe, knock yourself out..but in this country, the church has wielded way too much power and used it control and abuse the population largely. Anybody denying that is either a liar or deluding themselves.

There is some truth in this. But all along good work was done on the ground by people such as this who worked with the people and who had no power over anyone.

That's my last post on the matter here.

Good. You seem to have a chip on your shoulder.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B