Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on October 12, 2017, 07:02:45 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 12, 2017, 06:45:13 PM
I'm confused, is Croke Park on one side of the country?

Only on an East-West axis, on a North South Axis it is pretty central.
And the locals actually go there sometimes.

The Dublin locals have managed to compete, the way Armagh used to in Ulster
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 12, 2017, 09:25:24 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on October 12, 2017, 07:02:45 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 12, 2017, 06:45:13 PM
I'm confused, is Croke Park on one side of the country?

Only on an East-West axis, on a North South Axis it is pretty central.
And the locals actually go there sometimes.

The Dublin locals have managed to compete, the way Armagh used to in Ulster

Antrim once competed, but have given up.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

JimStynes

How far of a walk is it from Finaghy train station to Casement? How does Dublin cope with 80k for match day? People want to be able to park at the front door of Casement ffs. Plenty of parking to cope with 35k within 15/20mins walking distance.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JimStynes on October 12, 2017, 10:39:15 PM
How far of a walk is it from Finaghy train station to Casement? How does Dublin cope with 80k for match day? People want to be able to park at the front door of Casement ffs. Plenty of parking to cope with 35k within 15/20mins walking distance.
f**k don't tie a shitty rail infrastructure into it now!

JimStynes

The rail infrastructure is the same as it is for people going to Dublin to watch games. Put the stadium in the second biggest city in Ireland ffs. It's trying to change people's mindsets with this that is the biggest problem.

Tony Baloney

The rail network is handy for the Buckfast Brigade, Newry and Derry. The other 99% of people will arrive via roads.

armaghniac

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 13, 2017, 09:14:08 AM
The rail network is handy for the Buckfast Brigade, Newry and Derry. The other 99% of people will arrive via roads.

What about the people in Larne, Ballymena and Bangor?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Owen Brannigan

Except that Ulster GAA wants the car drivers to park at the Maze and be bussed to Casement Park.

This is 10 miles from from the planned white elephant and takes over 20 minutes by car on A roads or 15 minutes on the motorway!

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on October 13, 2017, 10:34:54 AM

Except that Ulster GAA wants the car drivers to park at the Maze and be bussed to Casement Park.

This is 10 miles from from the planned white elephant and takes over 20 minutes by car on A roads or 15 minutes on the motorway!

Its not difficult just park the car away from the stadium and walk. Dont try and leave it at the front gate! Go to any stadium in England with your car and you will walk. When I go to old Trafford I park on Seymour grove and walk 20 mins. When I go to casement I walk from my parents house near balmoral avenue again about 20 mins. Plenty of leafy parks to leave your car on as long as there is nothing on at the kings hall. If you can't walk then fine use the park and ride but this obsession of having to get the car as close to the gate as physically possible is madness. Why the fook would you want to be driving anywhere near andytown road on match day.

JimStynes

How does everyone go to Croke Park?

JoG2

Derry and rail network do not go together Tony ! Must try this Buckfast to see what all the fuss is about

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: hardstation on October 31, 2017, 11:57:51 AM
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/41814037

Disaster... :'(

There is quite a lengthy report as to why SA are recommended by World Rugby when in reality its quite simple the 181million they are offering World Rugby is 61million more than Ireland lol.

rosnarun

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on October 31, 2017, 12:04:25 PM
Quote from: hardstation on October 31, 2017, 11:57:51 AM
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/41814037

Disaster... :'(

There is quite a lengthy report as to why SA are recommended by World Rugby when in reality its quite simple the 181million they are offering World Rugby is 61million more than Ireland lol.
61 million saved so and the massive expected unexpected over run
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

mrhardyannual

Didn't hear the Fat ( Am I allowed use that adjective?) Lady sing. While money generally decides these things there's still the "Old Boys" network.

Syferus

I nearly pissed myself laughing when I read how the report drily noted that a full rebuild of Casement Park was due to be finished in 2020 but there wasn't even planning permission approval yet.

I feel sorry for the people who had to do the technical review and expose themselves to the infectious stupidity that is Ireland's construction sector and try to make sense of it all.