O’Byrne Cup 2024

Started by thejuice, December 29, 2023, 10:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

The big one kicks off next week.

This year it's sponsored by Dioralyte known for its effective relief from diarrhea and hangovers. Apt for this time of year and the standard of football we're likely to see. Maybe patrons will get free sachets to self medicate in the stands.

This weeks fixtures

2/1/24
Wicklow vs Wexford

3/1/24
Carlow vs Kildare
Laois vs Offaly

6/1/24
Meath vs Louth
Longford vs Westmeath
Wic/Wex Vs Car/Kil
Lao/Off vs Dublin

Edit to remove ALL CAPS in title...
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Captain Scarlet

Kildare have a fairly strong team named for the 1st game and I'd say more will start doing the same with the compressed season.
But, on the other hand they might not be keen to go too far in it to get back to training ground stuff...
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Blowitupref

Result from tonight Wexford 4-15 Wicklow 2-12
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

thejuice

Result

Laois  0-12
Offaly 1-11
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

Result

Carlow   0-10
Kildare  2-17

thejuice

Next Round

6/1/24

Meath vs Louth
Longford vs Westmeath
Wexford Vs Kildare
Offaly vs Dublin

thejuice

Results so far today

Dublin 0-11
Offaly 0-10

Longford 0-09
Westmeath 0-07

Wexford  3-09
Kildare  0-14

Big win for Wexford. Dublin scrapeD by Offaly who were leading with 5 minutes to go.

Losers go into the O'BYRNE shield.

thejuice

thejuice

Semi finals 13/01/24

Meath Vs Longford
Dublin vs Wexford

Shamrock Shore

Feck it. I'm not heading to Ashbourne on a Fri evening. I'll watch on Clubber.

Meath will win handy  :D

thejuice

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 06, 2024, 09:52:42 PMFeck it. I'm not heading to Ashbourne on a Fri evening. I'll watch on Clubber.

Don't know, Longford are kings of January football. We won't be taking it lightly. 

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: thejuice on January 06, 2024, 10:04:09 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 06, 2024, 09:52:42 PMFeck it. I'm not heading to Ashbourne on a Fri evening. I'll watch on Clubber.

Don't know, Longford are kings of January football. We won't be taking it lightly. 

Ha!  ::) A title we wrestled off the Kildare Flourbags.

No - some official X accounts have the game on Fri in Ashbourne. Got feckin soaked there last year.

thejuice

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 06, 2024, 10:13:42 PM
Quote from: thejuice on January 06, 2024, 10:04:09 PM

Ha!  ::) A title we wrestled off the Kildare Flourbags.

No - some official X accounts have the game on Fri in Ashbourne. Got feckin soaked there last year.

Yeah they said on the LMFM broadcast after the game that it was Saturday in Navan but just saw they officially announced Friday in Ashbourne.

thejuice

We have a challenge match against Galway on Saturday. Apparently CO'R is putting out a full strength team in that and will be playing a second string team against Longford. Allegedly anyway.

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: thejuice on January 11, 2024, 10:08:25 PMWe have a challenge match against Galway on Saturday. Apparently CO'R is putting out a full strength team in that and will be playing a second string team against Longford. Allegedly anyway.

Easy pickings so.

Our 23rd meeting in the O'Byrne Cup. Longford's record v De Riyals is

6 wins, 2 draws and 14 defeats.

First time was 1954 when Meath won by 20 points. We put out a second string that day I am told.