The Official THFC thread

Started by Owenmoresider, October 25, 2007, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ONeill

Everyone Stew. Everyone. Mark Halsey, Natasha Marsh, Brian Mawhinney, Ricky Villa, the whole shebang.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Minder on February 24, 2008, 10:17:59 PM
Quote from: new devil on February 24, 2008, 09:21:31 PM
No have never met him or spoke to him its only my opinion

Mods LL called me a p***k :'( :'(
devil i dont think the mods can act if an allegation is true . . . . Anyway fair fucks to the spuds,they join such luminaries as middlesborough,leicester city etc as winners of the league cup
2003 - Liverpool beat United
2005 - Chelsea beat Liverpool
2006 - United beat Wigan (wouldn't be hard that)
2007 - Chelsea beat Arsenal

Anything to add, or do you want to continue referring back to winners from the late 90's? (Boro's win admittedly an exception to recent rules)

And for the record, that's League Cup no. 4 now, along with wins in 1971, 73 and 99.

T Fearon

A great victory that should have been wrapped up in 90 minutes and one of the best League Cup Finals in recent years far better than the non events featuring the Goons and Man Ure which were mor like Chess games.

However even George Graham won the League Cup with Spurs,so it will all be irrelevant if it doesn't lead to bigger and better things.

Main Street

The Crossmaglen V St Vincents  S/F was a better and more exciting game. I delayed watching the League Cup Final by 30 mins to watch that game.
Chelsea were way too negative. Keane looks sharp and very fit. When he went off, I lost interest in the game and speeded up my paused recording to see who won.
Woodgate is a great signing for Spurs, he is such an intelligent defender. They could do with someone with similar intelligence in midfield. They sold their both their midfield playmakers, Carrick and Reid. Berbatov does his best work in the so called hole.

Norf Tyrone

Well done the Spurs....best team won.

I'll try and comment more some time, but feck am I hungover!  :-\
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

T Fearon

Norf Tyrone thats two cup finals we've beaten you in. 1967 FA Cup Final (day I made my first communion and the day I became a Spurs fan, after watching it in black and white) and yesterday!

Anyone see the three legends sitting together, Jennings, Peters and Mullery? Borough back memories of 71 and 73

GY Joe

COME ON YOU SPURS ;D

Best team one and all that jazz.. Lads have said it here already. Whats different about this one is that it holds the promise of even better days to come. The 'big four' will have to start taking notice that this team and this man 'Juan - de at a time sweet Jesus' Are the real deal

Now I remember why I supported Spurs as a boy...! Flair and attacking football.. Its good to see some steel back in the mix. They sorely missed it.

T Fearon

Good to see all the Spurs fans coming out of the woodwork but where have you all been before yesterday?

As I said its a start but it must be built on. Success in this season's UEFA Cup would be even better given the quality of some of the teams left

spiritof91and94

Quote from: T Fearon on February 25, 2008, 01:04:33 PM
Good to see all the Spurs fans coming out of the woodwork but where have you all been before yesterday?

As I said its a start but it must be built on. Success in this season's UEFA Cup would be even better given the quality of some of the teams left

;D ;D ;D

Minder

;D the spuds are fried
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

tyroneboi

Ah well was a good effort. PSV are a decent side lets not forget they knocked out Arsenal in last years Champions League. How come Lennon or Malbranque didnt step up for a penalty instead of Chimbonda?

Over the Bar

Jenas's penalty was pathetic.  You only take a 2 step run up if you can put it in the top corner like Del Piero,

ONeill

Quote from: tyroneboi on March 12, 2008, 10:46:42 PM
Ah well was a good effort. PSV are a decent side lets not forget they knocked out Arsenal in last years Champions League. 

Almost a completely different side.

v Arsenal - Gomes, Salcido, Alex, Feher, Sun, Culina, Mendez (Vayrynen 90), Simons, Farfan (Addo 89), Cocu, Kone .
v Spuds - Gomes, Kromkamp, Marcellis, Salcido, Alcides, Mendez (Bakkal 112), Simons, Culina, Afellay (Dzsudzsak 82), Koevermans (Lazovic 72), Farfan.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.