Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 14, 2017, 10:51:41 AM
Personally thought Pogba was useless last night. I nearly fell off the couch when I heard Hargreaves praising him. Carrick controlled midfield and again gave a masterclass which might have papered over the cracks but Pogba was crap, as he has been most of the time this season. You'd be better off starting Fellaini who at least tries and does the simple things. Pogba is seriously brain dead and looks like he is being indulged. Watch him when he gets the ball. His first impulse is always yo look for contact - he wants to show how strong he is. Rather than looking for a pass or space he looks for and opponent to out muscle. It's driving me daft watching him. Was also annoyed at Rashford being withdrawn last night. Obviously his goal last weekend had lifted his confidence and he looked better than he has done recently. I don't think Jose understands (or cares) that constantly substituting young lads can impact their confidence.

Mourinho is moaning about fixture congestion yet he has let 3 players go since January and brought none in. Last night United should have won by 2 or 3 at least and killed the tie enabling him to rest lads for the second leg but they didn't seem to have the attitude to push on. They seem content to "control" the game despite this approach biting them in the arse repeatedly all season. Control is an illusion, a goal can come from nothing. Scoring more goals is the best defence and more importantly, that's what Manchester United are supposed to do. The manager is a fraud......he's not a Manchester United manager.

Pogba is seriously strong on the ball, as strong as I have seen but I have noticed that he does try and show that too much.  Would love to see him move with the ball more and work at a higher intensity.  As for Mourinho, I have been thinking the same re. Depay, Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger - crying about fixture congestion yet letting players go instead of holding onto them for a few months and get some use out of them.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

DuffleKing

Seanie, as frustrated as am I am with this season I cannot lay as much of the blame as you do at Jose's door. You seem determined to twist every narrative to suit your agenda in this regard.

You may feel that Jose's style and approach is not to your liking but to continually claim he is a fraud is laughable. If you simply look at his cv that notion is destroyed.

The united squad needs surgery but there isn't another premier league manager I would prefer to have in charge if that and the next phase of evolution.

Cunny Funt

Man United are fighting for a champions league place on two fronts where Mourinho has to pick his strongest team and subs in each game. Lets be honest Depay, Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger would have seen little game time if they were still around and all three jumped ship because of lack of game time..

Captain Obvious

Manchester United in control and have a deserved lead at half time. A good time to place money on this game to finish in a draw?

stiffler

Rojo and or Costa to be sent off.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Captain Obvious

A vintage masterclass performance from a Jose managed team. Table toppers Chelsea never looked like scoring matter of fact they had no shot on target when did that last happen for Chelsea?

GJL

Just beat the best team in the league with Zlatan on the bench.  Great result and makes quite a statement.

Cunny Funt

Rashford was back to his brilliant form of last year Chelsea couldn't handle him today.  Herrera and Rojo can let Hazzard and Costa out of their back pockets now.

That result could still be too little too late for a top 4 finish for United however that result is a major boost to Tottenhams title chance.

Denn Forever

Match of the Day should be fun tonight.  Who will be back pedelling quickest?  Chelsea getting tired?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 16, 2017, 06:54:16 PM
Spurs could nick this

How torturous would that be...Fearon/The Stallion posting repetitive threads about how Gray Spurs are/crap other teams are. Anybody but United and Spurs in my book!!!

TabClear

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 16, 2017, 07:26:04 PM
Spurs could nick this

How torturous would that be...Fearon/The Stallion posting repetitive threads about how Gray Spurs are/crap other teams are. Anybody but United and Spurs in my book!!!

The amount of "You are ignoring this User" notifications would reach record levels

The Stallion

I'm not sure why you think I'd be posting about how great Spurs are. I think they have quite a few weaknesses in their team as it happens.

Main Street

Spurs could nick this
Spurs nicking the title is within the realm of possibilities but still very remote. Chelsea are not a team falling apart, have a cozy cushion of 4 points and a downhill run to the finish line.

GJL

Spurs are due to drop a few points soon. They always do.