Author Topic: Game of Thrones - Spoilers  (Read 9762 times)

lurganblue

• View Profile
Re: Game of Thrones - Spoilers
« Reply #210 on: August 29, 2017, 12:49:23 PM »
The smug look on little finger quickly turned. Thought that was a great scene.

thewobbler

• View Profile
    • Balllyholland Harps GAC
« Reply #211 on: August 29, 2017, 12:55:13 PM »
You have to wonder about people questioning whether a lad can swim to the top of a frozen lake in heavy clothes yet don't question when a dragon is brought back to life by "the dead"!

Just enjoy the show and try not to think about it so much you'll be all the better for it!

I'm sorry but that is utter nonsense.

Every show has its own internal logic - this happens to be a world where dragons, undead and magic actually exist. I don't remember getting the memo about f˙cking gravity working differently for main characters..

A lot of GoT's internal logic though is determined by what the Gods want. As mentioned above, if the Gods want Jon Snow alive, then surely him floating to the top of a lake isn't that big an ask for them.

---

I expect that GoT will end up with a Wire style conclusion that history just repeats itself indefinitely, with whoever it is that gains the throne surrounding themselves with maesters and politicians, who set about hiding, romanticising and rewriting history according to their agendas. Over the course of 10 generations, it all becomes so distorted that nobody really remembers, and 15 generations later a deep descendant of Ned Stark is warning that winter is coming.

mrhardyannual

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 30, 2017, 09:31:52 PM »
Looks like it will be 2019 before GoT returns.

clarshack

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: Today at 09:54:19 AM »
watched season 1 last July (2016) and tbh wasn't too fussed about it. left it 12 months before watching season 2 and since then i've watched the whole lot. just finished season 7 last night. glad i stuck with it as it's been superb. it's good not having to avoid all the spoilers now lol!