Tommy Tiernan's tasteless "joke" about Arlene Foster

Started by T Fearon, April 26, 2017, 06:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Pat Shortt is great being interviewed, just being himself he's really funny. His comedy, so so. Dunbelievables I thought was awful, seen a bit of Matty which was quite good.

Avondhu star

Quote from: BennyCake on April 27, 2017, 04:17:41 PM
Pat Shortt is great being interviewed, just being himself he's really funny. His comedy, so so. Dunbelievables I thought was awful, seen a bit of Matty which was quite good.

A great man for laughing at his own jokes is Pat
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Itchy

Google Tommy Tiernan and show review. Check out the reviews, he's one of the best stand ups there is. Dara O Briain also excellent. Patrick Kielty and unbelievable shite give my head peace on the other hand ...

longballin

there's some right prudes on here if you find these comedians offensive. DON'T go to see Frankie Boyle! Is is very funny though...

5 Sams

Quote from: Hectic on April 27, 2017, 08:35:15 AM
But I suppose very few comedians are universally popular.  I do like The Savage Eye but I know a lot of folk think it is terrible.

Billy Connolly??
The Aristocrat Years

Orior

I've watched a number of James Young clips on Youtube recently and they are hilarious. The man was ahead of his time.

Plus, he didn't have to use foul language to make people laugh. Funny that, innit?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

giveherlong

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Orior on April 27, 2017, 08:48:18 PM
I've watched a number of James Young clips on Youtube recently and they are hilarious. The man was ahead of his time.

Plus, he didn't have to use foul language to make people laugh. Funny that, innit?

The level of sexual innuendo he used was quite risqué for the late 60s and early 70s.  He attracted a cross-community audience and at times imitated Dick Emery (if you remember him).

imtommygunn

Quote from: longballin on April 27, 2017, 07:12:20 PM
there's some right prudes on here if you find these comedians offensive. DON'T go to see Frankie Boyle! Is is very funny though...

A lot is shock value which runs it's course after a bit. I saw boyle live and wasn't impressed. Jimmy carr too. They seem to just be intent on pushing boundaries which is fine for a bit but gets boring.

O'Briain and the likes of bridges are different league in my view.

red hander

Would love to hear Frankie Boyle do an Arlene Foster joke, that would be funny

T Fearon

Wasn't James Young openly homosexual,or as openly homosexual as anyone could be in the North in the 60s and 70s? That's why he could impersonate a range of Belfast women perfectly.Also wasn't he a serious actor to begin with who turned to comedy later?

ziggysego

Quote from: T Fearon on April 28, 2017, 12:16:42 AM
Wasn't James Young openly homosexual,or as openly homosexual as anyone could be in the North in the 60s and 70s? That's why he could impersonate a range of Belfast women perfectly. Also wasn't he a serious actor to begin with who turned to comedy later?

Jesus Tony  ??? :o ::)
Testing Accessibility

T Fearon

You weren't there! He was effeminate.Did make us laugh though!

Franko

Bridges is the man, modern man's Billy Connolly.

bennydorano

James Young was a wee bit before my time but we had a best off video back in the day, loved him, very funny, the Trade Unionist (one memorable skit for Ghosts rights) still gets quoted to this day!