Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Reg Cathey of The Wire & House of Cards

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Jeepers Creepers

Rob Delaney of the show Catastrophes 2 yr old son died of an agreesive Brain cancer. Christ life is cruel.

Milltown Row2

Jesus that cancer go f**k off!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Never beat the deeler

That's terrible. A few days short of his 37th birthday.

Awful waste
Hasta la victoria siempre

imtommygunn

laoislad

Quote from: BennyCake on February 09, 2018, 11:40:04 PM
Ah feck that. That's awful news. Such a young age.

I saw Liam score for Celtic in 2003 v Lyon. Was playing great stuff for Celtic, but things just didn't work out for him at United.

RIP
Saw him score a cracker for Ireland against Sweden. Think it was the time Staunton was manager.
Cancer is a cnut. Both my parents are just recovering from it
RIP to Liam.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

GaillimhIarthair

Good God, 36 is no age really.  RIP Liam.

Avondhu star

Liam. Absolute star. Very popular in every club. Great competitor. Scored a feel good ones for Celtic including in the Champions League. That pancreatic cancer is a bastard. The survival percentages are desperate
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Dougal Maguire

You're not wrong there. I don't know how other folk on this board do things but I go to the doctors regularly to get myself checked out.  Well actually it's the nurse I go to see. I've high blood pressure and poor cholesterol and am overweight but I'm getting everything under control. Nurse checks weight and BP every 6 weeks and I get my bloods done about every 6 months (or maybe it's 12 months). Point is getting those checks gives me a fighting chance as regards diagnosing the big C and other things. Lads you should all be doing the same
Careful now

Tony Baloney

You're not wrong Dougal. Men and Irish men in particular seem bad at checking themselves. Maybe it's not seen as manly to see the doctor but I make sure I get a regular MOT and check out if I'm not feeling right. If you're not feeling right and are worried go see the doctor and don't put it off. Especially now for fellas of a certain age as prostate cancer is now the biggest killer of men.

armaghniac

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on February 11, 2018, 12:17:44 AM
You're not wrong there. I don't know how other folk on this board do things but I go to the doctors regularly to get myself checked out.  Well actually it's the nurse I go to see. I've high blood pressure and poor cholesterol and am overweight but I'm getting everything under control. Nurse checks weight and BP every 6 weeks and I get my bloods done about every 6 months (or maybe it's 12 months). Point is getting those checks gives me a fighting chance as regards diagnosing the big C and other things. Lads you should all be doing the same

I've had such tests  in recent years, blood pressure high, cholesterol thankfully not.

Unfortunately, though, my understanding is that a cancer might have got going before it manifests itself in the routine tests.
A professional soccer player might have a medical at the start of the season, I imagine.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Haven't been to the doctor since I was 19, not even registered with a surgery! Been pure lazy but I don't put it down to fear of doctors and what it may show, just pure laziness.

Will go for MOT but I've never had issues with illness, fit, no excess weight and haven't even had a flu, but worried that because I've had no check up that it plays on your mind because of incidents like Millers death, it's a silent killer that it's best to get checked out

What about the Randox health checks? Would that be a decent diagnostic check?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dougal Maguire

I not knocking you but there's a certain macho flavour (there is a word for it but I can't remember it) about what you say. As men, we're always looking to impress. Your boast is you haven't been to the doctors since you were 19.  I find myself trying to impress women by telling them how many tablets I'm on. It's human nature for males. Get registered with a doctor and get yourself checked out. I know fitter people than you thst have taken heart attacks. By the way did you ever get the dog
Careful now

Milltown Row2

Yes got a Cockapoo! My best mate!

Look if it was a macho thing I'd admit that, but it's pure laziness! I've just never bothered. But there has been recent deaths that has triggered me. Wife thinks I'm bonkers cause I haven't. Did a referees check up before, blood pressure good and cholesterol sitting just below the recommended level, which was a worry as I thought I'd a great diet but I suppose the hidden problems which on the surface you don't know could be affecting you

Dougal Maguire

Just get yourself checked out. Great choice of dog. Was it a pup?
Careful now