Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Quote from: Angelo on January 12, 2021, 10:51:14 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 12, 2021, 10:48:19 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 12, 2021, 10:37:10 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 12, 2021, 10:14:41 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 12, 2021, 09:48:58 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on January 12, 2021, 09:44:08 PM
I have not posted on here in a good while. I never really took posting on here that serious and done my fair share of WUM craic, I dip in and out but have been reading this tread recently. I work over a couple of the acute hospitals in the north, the bulk of my work is in emergency departments and medical admission wards. Angelo please believe me when I say this is very real, covid positive patients are lying on trolleys in corridors in emergency departments waiting for beds in the wards that just are not there. Till now the number of deaths have been kept low due to treatment being readily available, this is an option fast running out, where once everyone stood a fighting chance now the hard choices are having to be made. Not by you though Angelo. You just have to stay in as much as you can. I do not have a link too exactly how many patients are admitted with Covid but i do have access to the northern Ireland electronic care record which i monitor every time I am on duty, every 3-4 people in are with shortness of breath, I wonder why??, the majority over 65 but plenty in the 30, 40s and 50s. This is far far worse than the first wave. I have no links, no stats. Just what I see.

I've never said it's not real but there is a lot of misinformation flying out there.

Is not hard to countenance for people how we accepted a level of death in Jan 2018 without batting an eyelid that has yet to be reached yet during any month of Coivd when hysteria is running wild.
How many lock downs were in place in 2018?

Don't know, we did not seem to care about spiraling death rates in 2017/18.
You don't know how many lock downs there were in 2018? I'll give you a clue. Less than 1.

And why weren't there any? How many lives were lost that could have been saved?

Why was nobody shouting for lockdowns to save lives in 2017/18?
Because month on month the comparable figures for 2020 read much worse than 2017-2018. Jan 2020 isn't over yet so at this stage we may indeed pass out 2018.  And that was still the worse year in 40 years.  And that is comparing a year with no lockdowns to one that has. And that was a overtly cold winter. And there were eyes batted.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2021, 10:57:05 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 12, 2021, 10:55:11 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on January 12, 2021, 10:51:53 PM
I have not posted on here in a good while. I never really took posting on here that serious and done my fair share of WUM craic, I dip in and out but have been reading this tread recently. I work over a couple of the acute hospitals in the north, the bulk of my work is in emergency departments and medical admission wards. Angelo please believe me when I say this is very real, covid positive patients are lying on trolleys in corridors in emergency departments waiting for beds in the wards that just are not there. Till now the number of deaths have been kept low due to treatment being readily available, this is an option fast running out, where once everyone stood a fighting chance now the hard choices are having to be made. Not by you though Angelo. You just have to stay in as much as you can. I do not have a link too exactly how many patients are admitted with Covid but i do have access to the northern Ireland electronic care record which i monitor every time I am on duty, every 3-4 people in are with shortness of breath, I wonder why??, the majority over 65 but plenty in the 30, 40s and 50s. This is far far worse than the first wave. I have no links, no stats. Just what I see.
Very good post

46 dead in the Republic is the latest daily figure and I fear my father will be among these figures in the near future, he is on Day 10 and now has pneumonia, is being fed through a tube in his nose and fluids through IV, I find it hard to see him make it through to be honest

He is afraid and alone and my heart is breaking over it, I spent nearly ten months doing everything I could to keep Covid out, I haven't been in a pub since the start of March, I succeeded in keeping it out but he got it when he had go to hospital for a treatable non-Covid medical problem

Wake the f**k up Angelo and stop spreading shite, you know you're talking shite and so does everybody else, I honestly don't get your game

What shite am I talking?

That we were happy to let 2,101 die without a quibble in Jan 2018?

If anyone can post their outrage from back then please feel free to bump a few posts. Nobody batted an eyelid.

Are you thick or blind?

You were given plenty links to the outrage of the 17/18 flu deaths! Honestly wise up

Projecting again, petal.

You can't answer a single question, you neither have the balls or intelligence to be able to engage here.

All you have in your locker is completely unsubstantiated hysterical slurs.

Found a post yet on where you were fighting for the elderly and weak in 2017/18 when 2,101 people died in the O6 in January 2018.

Prove me wrong motormouth, show me you actually cared rather than use it as a vehicle for your painful sanctimony.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 12, 2021, 10:59:50 PM

Because month on month the comparable figures for 2020 read much worse than 2017-2018. Jan 2020 isn't over yet so at this stage we may indeed pass out 2018.  And that was still the worse year in 40 years.  And that is comparing a year with no lockdowns to one that has. And that was a overtly cold winter. And there were eyes batted.

So what you're telling me 2,101 deaths in Jan 2018 was an acceptable death toll because what you have just done is justify that level of death.

It may pass Jan 2018 out, it may also not. But in Jan 2018 that level of death was acceptable, because Covid is about now, it's out.

It's shocking hypocrisy, ok to die from flu, not ok to die from Covid.

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2021, 10:59:31 PM
So you accept that up to 90% of Covid cases were caught outside of hospital?

I haven't accepted anything of the sort, you seem intent of attributing statements to me where I've said nothing of the sort.

Can you just try and stick to the truth for once.

You have any luck in finding your outrage during the winter flu season of 17/18 or was it a case you didn't bat an eyelid at that level of death. You just waited until 2020 to go on a crusade for the sick and elderly.

Your sanctimony is very, very cynical.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Angelo on January 12, 2021, 11:02:19 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 12, 2021, 10:59:50 PM

So what you're telling me 2,101 deaths in Jan 2018 was an acceptable death toll because what you have just done is justify that level of death.

It may pass Jan 2018 out, it may also not. But in Jan 2018 that level of death was acceptable, because Covid is about now, it's out.

It's shocking hypocrisy, ok to die from flu, not ok to die from Covid.

It's not shocking hypocrisy. The excess deaths in 2018 weren't attributed to one reason. It was a number of reasons. Plus, which I'm sick of repeating, there was no lock downs so your not comparing like for like. Plus it's the worst winter death rate in 40 years. This is Covids first year. If you don't get this, then I don't really know what to say.

**Edit - I should add that even with al the drastic changes that were implemented in 2020. Nov and Dec 2020  are roughly 20% higher deaths than winter 2017. And that's your worst year for comparison in 40 years. Your argument doesn't hold water at all.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on January 12, 2021, 11:04:47 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2021, 10:59:31 PM
So you accept that up to 90% of Covid cases were caught outside of hospital?

I haven't accepted anything of the sort, you seem intent of attributing statements to me where I've said nothing of the sort.

Can you just try and stick to the truth for once.

You have any luck in finding your outrage during the winter flu season of 17/18 or was it a case you didn't bat an eyelid at that level of death. You just waited until 2020 to go on a crusade for the sick and elderly.

Your sanctimony is very, very cynical.

Your link that you put up said up to 90% caught outside of hospital, not my link, yours
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jell 0 Biafra

Very good post

46 dead in the Republic is the latest daily figure and I fear my father will be among these figures in the near future, he is on Day 10 and now has pneumonia, is being fed through a tube in his nose and fluids through IV, I find it hard to see him make it through to be honest

He is afraid and alone and my heart is breaking over it, I spent nearly ten months doing everything I could to keep Covid out, I haven't been in a pub since the start of March, I succeeded in keeping it out but he got it when he had go to hospital for a treatable non-Covid medical problem

Sorry to hear that Sid.  I hope he pulls through.

imtommygunn

Very good post

Wake the f**k up Angelo and stop spreading shite, you know you're talking shite and so does everybody else, I honestly don't get your game

So sorry to read that Sid :(

If Angelo is a real person and not a wum he's got a lot of issues going on. I don't know if lockdown hasn't been kind or what there but at this point it's just car crash stuff. The internet isn't good for troubled people sometimes :(

Milltown Row2

With his side kick gone Angelo will  implode and his head will flip.

Like he's not even embarrassed at all
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Has Milltown managed to find any posts where he was outraged at record death totals in January 2018 or is he still going around accusing posters of wanting to suffocate the elderly with pillows without any basis?

A nasty little man.

Angelo

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 13, 2021, 07:29:16 AM
Very good post

If Angelo is a real person and not a wum he's got a lot of issues going on. I don't know if lockdown hasn't been kind or what there but at this point it's just car crash stuff. The internet isn't good for troubled people sometimes :(

I've offered a rational argument at all times.

I have the likes of you put in a corner with your false equivalency. When I bring up the winter flu in 2017/18 when we had record deaths in Jan 2018, you have to entrench yourself in and justify that and when you do that it removes any credibility in what you argue for now.

All you are is a sanctimonious mouthpiece. Why was 2,101 deaths acceptable to you in Jan 2018 and if it wasn't show me the posts where you spoke out against it at the time.

I know I won't expect any engagement with you on this core point because you are complete and utter hypocrite with a large dose of sanctimony and virtue signalling thrown in, which we know for sure is a complete facade.

Where has Harold ran off to with my unanswered questions too? All I can see is a lot of cowards here who justify people dying from flu but thing the world should be thrown into chaos in case those with Covid have the same outcome and when you're pressed on it all you resort too are slurs and attributing ridiculous statements to me which have no correlation with what I said. Be a man for once.

Angelo

Quote from: Angelo on January 12, 2021, 09:40:29 PM

Those questions remain unanswered. They're simple questions, put a figure on them.

You have not told me how many tests were carried out for flu in the US in 2019/20? How many is it or will you continue to avoid this question?
275m is the number of Covid tests carried out in the US for contrast.

You have not answered how many positive flu tests we had in the US in 2019/20? How many is it or will you continue to avoid the question?
23m is the number of positive Covid tests returned in the US for contrast.

So if you can't answer these then it really undermines the message you are trying to communicate here.

Go on and surprise me. Show me you are an honest broker.

Bumped for Harold if he ever decides to come back.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on January 13, 2021, 09:32:48 AM
Has Milltown managed to find any posts where he was outraged at record death totals in January 2018 or is he still going around accusing posters of wanting to suffocate the elderly with pillows without any basis?

A nasty little man.

You must be on the glue, and its so early!! I posted up the thread, Aussie Flu 2018, Jan, it was discussed on here you really need to go and have a lie down

imtommygunn

Quote from: Angelo on January 13, 2021, 09:38:43 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 13, 2021, 07:29:16 AM
Very good post

I've offered a rational argument at all times.

I have the likes of you put in a corner with your false equivalency. When I bring up the winter flu in 2017/18 when we had record deaths in Jan 2018, you have to entrench yourself in and justify that and when you do that it removes any credibility in what you argue for now.

All you are is a sanctimonious mouthpiece. Why was 2,101 deaths acceptable to you in Jan 2018 and if it wasn't show me the posts where you spoke out against it at the time.

I know I won't expect any engagement with you on this core point because you are complete and utter hypocrite with a large dose of sanctimony and virtue signalling thrown in, which we know for sure is a complete facade.

Where has Harold ran off to with my unanswered questions too? All I can see is a lot of cowards here who justify people dying from flu but thing the world should be thrown into chaos in case those with Covid have the same outcome and when you're pressed on it all you resort too are slurs and attributing ridiculous statements to me which have no correlation with what I said. Be a man for once.

You don't know the meaning of the word rational and you don't know the meaning of the word logical if you view yourself as rational and logical.

There's little point in engaging with you. You have been shown up to be irrational and illogical time and again but you just can't comprehend it.

You seriously need to take time away from the internet. It isn't good for you.

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: Angelo on January 13, 2021, 09:40:54 AM
Quote from: Angelo on January 12, 2021, 09:40:29 PM

Those questions remain unanswered. They're simple questions, put a figure on them.

You have not told me how many tests were carried out for flu in the US in 2019/20? How many is it or will you continue to avoid this question?
275m is the number of Covid tests carried out in the US for contrast.

You have not answered how many positive flu tests we had in the US in 2019/20? How many is it or will you continue to avoid the question?
23m is the number of positive Covid tests returned in the US for contrast.

So if you can't answer these then it really undermines the message you are trying to communicate here.

Go on and surprise me. Show me you are an honest broker.

Bumped for Harold if he ever decides to come back.

When you have something sensible to say I might engage with you. I have no time for you and your ilk.  f**king imbecile.