China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 16, 2021, 04:44:01 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 15, 2021, 09:34:30 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 15, 2021, 08:22:30 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on January 15, 2021, 04:04:42 PM
Do you ever ask yourself who the WHO really are? The fact they have their HQ in Switzerland says a lot. I wouldn't trust everything they come out with.

Instead you will trust whatever Boris Johnson, Matt Hancock or some Joe Blogg conspiracy lad says on YouTube?

Think you lads are more likely to trust Johnson or Hancock.

I'd trust the local drunk before them.

Yet you're rowing in behind their decisions.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Smurfy123

60 deaths in the south today
Median age 85 would suggest care homes are the main source again
Absolutely criminal that they let that happen again
3 years above the life expectancy
Has to be carehomes

Angelo

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 16, 2021, 06:00:44 PM
Has to be carehomes

They will try and blame in on society as a whole again and the sheeple like Rossfan and dublin7 will lap it up.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Angelo on January 15, 2021, 09:38:37 AMthen it really requires flu deniers like you to have complete reevaluation of the way you dismiss flu.

Are you telling me that flu is not a serious threat to people over the age of 80 with underlying health conditions?

What do you mean by the first line and when have I ever hinted at anything like the thought train in the 2nd line?

The flu vaccine wasn't developed, updated annually and distributed (at massive cost) just for the craic of it...

Of course - when you have vaccine denying fruitcakes around, it really doesn't help convince those that need it to get it - as unfortunately the elderly are more susceptible to be swayed by idiots they know rather than experts they don't.

Quote from: Angelo on January 15, 2021, 09:38:37 AM
We also had a vaccine for the flu, so keep on denying flu is an issue. Apparently we have eradicated flu this winter so surely these measures will be around for every winter on if we are serious about saving lives?
Maybe we don't give a f**k about flu though, as many people can die from that as they wish.

That is not a bad question re. measures over winter to reduce the spread of flu. Certainly, in Asian countries, wearing a mask when you do have a cold or worse is often seen as socially the norm - whereas here - for whatever reason, its carry on regardless.

i usse an speelchekor

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Angelo on January 16, 2021, 04:59:31 PM
Do you ever ask yourself who the WHO really are? The fact they have their HQ in Switzerland says a lot. I wouldn't trust everything they come out with.

Instead you will trust whatever Boris Johnson, Matt Hancock or some Joe Blogg conspiracy lad says on YouTube?

Going by your posts on here you are glued to conspiracy lads on YouTube.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Rossfan on January 15, 2021, 03:11:12 PM
Has any Government gone with "Angelo's way" or are they sticking with the WHO's way of dealing with the Pandemic?

To be honest, the WHO haven't covered themselves in glory here either.

At the start, air travel should have been far more restricted - they recommended otherwise.

Now, 12 months later - and with the new variants they are starting to consider restricting travel between countries. Its common sense that if people don't travel far then the thing doesn't spread far - or if it does - it has to do so through every link in the chain. Feck knows how many Ebola epidemics burned themselves out in a few villages in Africa down the centuries - all because no-one travelled far and carried the thing out.
i usse an speelchekor

dublin7

Quote from: Angelo on January 16, 2021, 06:05:14 PM
Has to be carehomes

They will try and blame in on society as a whole again and the sheeple like Rossfan and dublin7 will lap it up.

The most vulnerable people to the virus are the elderly. The majority of people in nursing homes are elderly. So if one person gets it then it's likely to spread like wildfire.

It's disappointing that people would celebrate these figures as if to prove their point of view and some sort of sick vindication of their opinions.

Rossfan

There are people and then there's you know who  ::)
The only way you'd have kept nursing homes free of Covid would have been to allow no visitors and make all the staff live in.
Once the thing spread in the community it was going to get in and  with the demograph of aged frail patients ......
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

imtommygunn

I think it is tough with how staff seem to work in those homes. Seems there would be staff doing it for extra money etc so I think staff go from hospital to there quite a bit. Incredibly hard to keep it out of them.

Smurfy123

Sorry wasn't trying to downplay any death
Was just flagging up the median age
The big question is when the old and vulnerable are vaccinated what reason would we need to lockdown

Angelo

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 16, 2021, 07:31:56 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 16, 2021, 04:59:31 PM

Going by your posts on here you are glued to conspiracy lads on YouTube.

What conspiracy theories have I promoted?

It's the lazy option for guys like you to label people who have a differing viewpoint to you as conspiracy theorists.

Funny that was the narrative of the British establishment and unionism when it came to collusion between loyalists paramilitaries and security forces.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 15, 2021, 07:16:32 PM
The problems in Manaus is critical, no beds no oxygen, nurses are manually providing oxygen!!

70% infection rate during first wave, they were hoping to get herd immunity from that, which didn't work, it's getting worse in the second wave!

Do you have a source for that? I want to read more around it.

That is extremely concerning.

If the infection rate is worse now and they had 70% immunity first time around - it clearly indicates that the immunity built up from the first infection wave is of little use.

Which means its quite likely that variant will bypass any vaccine induced immunity too.
i usse an speelchekor

Angelo

Quote from: dublin7 on January 16, 2021, 07:35:51 PM
Has to be carehomes

The most vulnerable people to the virus are the elderly. The majority of people in nursing homes are elderly. So if one person gets it then it's likely to spread like wildfire.

It's disappointing that people would celebrate these figures as if to prove their point of view and some sort of sick vindication of their opinions.

You seem to be celebrating the fact that big pharma profiteers out of making money that is killing the elderly off over in Norway.

The failure is not protecting the elderly, the outbreaks in hospital and care home settings is a failure of health service, it is a byproduct of governments under funding and underresourcing health care and that is where the responsibility lies.

But rather than blame those responsible you seek to laud them, your cheerleading of the absolutely disgusting practices of big pharma takes the biscuit though. I've seen your contradictions first hand when the vaccine kills the old you are in there defending it first hand, refusing to believe published evidence by medical authorities, citing that they died because of old age and poor health.

When the common denominator of Covid deaths is shown to be old age and poor health, you point blank refuse that those factors had anything to do with the deaths and it was Covid that killed them.

You are bound by your contradictions and your defence of big pharma is utterly, utterly disgusting.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on January 16, 2021, 09:55:53 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 15, 2021, 07:16:32 PM
The problems in Manaus is critical, no beds no oxygen, nurses are manually providing oxygen!!

70% infection rate during first wave, they were hoping to get herd immunity from that, which didn't work, it's getting worse in the second wave!

Do you have a source for that? I want to read more around it.

That is extremely concerning.

If the infection rate is worse now and they had 70% immunity first time around - it clearly indicates that the immunity built up from the first infection wave is of little use.

Which means its quite likely that variant will bypass any vaccine induced immunity too.

Was directly from the channel four news, as you can see from the time I posted
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

dublin7

Quote from: Angelo on January 16, 2021, 10:04:17 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on January 16, 2021, 07:35:51 PM
Has to be carehomes

You seem to be celebrating the fact that big pharma profiteers out of making money that is killing the elderly off over in Norway.

The failure is not protecting the elderly, the outbreaks in hospital and care home settings is a failure of health service, it is a byproduct of governments under funding and underresourcing health care and that is where the responsibility lies.

But rather than blame those responsible you seek to laud them, your cheerleading of the absolutely disgusting practices of big pharma takes the biscuit though. I've seen your contradictions first hand when the vaccine kills the old you are in there defending it first hand, refusing to believe published evidence by medical authorities, citing that they died because of old age and poor health.

When the common denominator of Covid deaths is shown to be old age and poor health, you point blank refuse that those factors had anything to do with the deaths and it was Covid that killed them.

You are bound by your contradictions and your defence of big pharma is utterly, utterly disgusting.

As you like quoting people or stories (that you don't seem to read judging by your replies to these links) can you link a quote or a story were anybody said a Covid vaccine killed someone. Even one.

There are concerns over how effective the effective might be at protecting the elderly, but not one person has claimed the vaccine has killed anyone.