Player Opt outs for 2020 season

Started by rodney trotter, November 15, 2019, 07:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

I'm sure there are a few in every County who just get fed up to the back teeth with it.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

screenexile

Quote from: Rossfan on November 27, 2019, 10:01:16 AM
I'm sure there are a few in every County who just get fed up to the back teeth with it.

I was told Derry are training Saturday & Sunday, Tuesday 6am then Tuesday night, Thursday 6am and Thursday night.

This is from the last month-6 weeks!

toby47

Quote from: screenexile on November 27, 2019, 11:11:19 AM

I was told Derry are training Saturday & Sunday, Tuesday 6am then Tuesday night, Thursday 6am and Thursday night.

Yeah that's true, how anyone can stick that I do not know

marty34

That's crazy - how fit can these lads get? Surely come May, they'll be burnt out.  Not to mind fed up with it all.

Are these management teams/coaches etc. being paid by session or week or month?

trailer

Derry in fairness would need that sort of training.

Rossfan

Trying to escape the B Championship? ;D
I hear our lads have a fairly hectic schedule for these few weeks too.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

thejuice

Meath were doing similar from October last year, same again this year. I honestly don't know how they do it. Especially when you could see how far off they were in the last 8 in the last Qtr of games.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Cunny Funt

Quote from: marty34 on November 27, 2019, 11:35:35 AM

That's crazy - how fit can these lads get? Surely come May, they'll be burnt out.  Not to mind fed up with it all.

Are these management teams/coaches etc. being paid by session or week or month?

Looks like Derry are putting most of their focus on league promotion. Of course promotion means they will avoid the Tommy Murphy cup but they are unlikely to have much left in the tank for this summers championship.

On Clarke or indeed any player that has given years of service to their county and decides to take a year out you really can't be critical of them  Even Jack McCaffrey took a year out and came back agurably a better player from it.

The PRO

Laois are going to be with out this year's captain Stephen Attride who is taking a year out to work in New Zealand (I think) and the Kingston brothers, Donie and Paul.

Itchy

You can add Thomas Galligan, Cian Mackey, Conor Rehill to the list of cavan players not committing this year. I feel sorry for Mickey Graham, he may worked a miracle with Mullinaeachta but seems getting Cavan players to commit requires an even bigger miracle.

vetoldthe

Quote from: The PRO on December 23, 2019, 01:24:26 PM
Laois are going to be with out this year's captain Stephen Attride who is taking a year out to work in New Zealand (I think) and the Kingston brothers, Donie and Paul.                                                                                                                                                                                         
I know of a few more from last year team Not Putting there names forward this year                                                                           
                Pity, it took us so long to get back up to div 2,  Now it look like we will be going straight down again.  [sad]                             
                              I wonder is that the reason why SURGUE left us,

From the Bunker

Quote from: Itchy on December 23, 2019, 04:35:50 PM
You can add Thomas Galligan, Cian Mackey, Conor Rehill to the list of cavan players not committing this year. I feel sorry for Mickey Graham, he may worked a miracle with Mullinaeachta but seems getting Cavan players to commit requires an even bigger miracle.

The commitment can not be justified.

Angelo

What must be frustrating for Mickey Graham and Cavan is that they made some good progress last year. They were a lot more competitive in Div 1 than I expected and made an Ulster final.

You'd imagine that they would have all been buying in to next year and trying to keep that going but it's not the case. There's definitely something wrong in Cavan football. I know it can be quite disillusioning for players from counties outside the top 5 or 6 to give that commitment every year but Cavan seem to suffer a lot more with players making themselves unavailable than other counties and it's been happening for a good 7 or 8 years now. Contrast the pride and commitment their neighbours Monaghan show in the jersey and it's night and day.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Blowitupref

Corks first choice goal keeper of the last two years Mark White will not be involved next year as he is heading to America.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

From the Bunker

In the case of Cavan, they have probably made a big push the last couple of years. With mixing it with the Big Boys players probably see how far they are off the mark and relise the huge commitment there is with little or no reward or recognition for their efforts!