Netflix numbers falling

Started by bennydorano, April 21, 2022, 02:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

See the Netflix boom hitting the buffers

BBC News - $50bn wiped off Netflix's value as subscribers quit
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61173561

It was always going to happen with the increased competition. I stopped my sub last year sometime, I found myself adding stuff to the watch list and realised I was never getting round to watching any of them, was increasingly a waste of £ . Kept on Prime until recently but chopped it too. Disney is the only one left in our house, can't see it lasting either tbh. Will maybe put one of them back on in the Winter.

RedHand88

I'm one of the ones who left it in Q1. There's just no time to watch stuff anymore. Does anybody really need Netflix + Prime + Disney? On top of what's on live TV?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 21, 2022, 02:37:43 PM
I'm one of the ones who left it in Q1. There's just no time to watch stuff anymore. Does anybody really need Netflix + Prime + Disney? On top of what's on live TV?

Are you just watching the free view stuff on tv or do you have a firestick with the 'free  ;) ' stuff on it? If you have one of those then you can get what you want illegally  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 21, 2022, 02:37:43 PM

Just cancelled disney+, kids don't watch it much and I'm not interested in most of their content.

Netflix might get the plug pulled shortly as well

Mourne Red

Got rid of Disney/Prime etc because have a firestick with all the stuff on it.. Kept Netflix for the kids stuff, have a one year old and Peppa pig on repeat saves the day

johnnycool

Quote from: Mourne Red on April 21, 2022, 03:16:07 PM
Got rid of Disney/Prime etc because have a firestick with all the stuff on it.. Kept Netflix for the kids stuff, have a one year old and Peppa pig on repeat saves the day

Get them on YouTube.

All that crap is on there as well.

imtommygunn

Do most people not just have prime for the deliveries? There's not much on it though that Jack Reacher wasn't too bad (not fantastic but decent). Can't think of much else in a while I've watched on it.(Actually the new bond is on it for free so maybe that too).

Mikhail Prokhorov

yeah everything available online if you want it and you already pay 20 or 30 a month for broadband

with work, family, etc how does anyone have the time to watch all that sh*t anyway

live sports and that's about the height of it

Truth hurts

There hasn't been much good on it this year, I have only watched after-life but the shows are getting crap.

marty34

The cost per month for all these various channels must be unreal.

oakleaflad

Never got IPTV despite hearing folks chat positively about it. How much does it cost in comparison to the subscription services for Netflix, Prime and Disney+?

Baile Brigín 2

Is it not more that as lockdown ends people who signed up for lockdown entertainment walked?

Their growth slowed in the states for Europe to pick up the slack and when it slowed in Europe Asia stepped in. When Asia slows they have a problem.

I think the story is 'the stockmarket expects growth to continue regardless of reality'.

Tony Baloney

Have genuine subs to Netflix, Prime, Disney, Apple and a hooky Firestick and regular TV and nearly every weekend we can't find anything decent to watch! Prime, Apple and Disney are free subs with phone contracts but they'll be binned when up.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: oakleaflad on April 21, 2022, 04:55:52 PM
Never got IPTV despite hearing folks chat positively about it. How much does it cost in comparison to the subscription services for Netflix, Prime and Disney+?
About 50 quid a year.

dec

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 21, 2022, 07:31:57 PM
Have genuine subs to Netflix, Prime, Disney, Apple and a hooky Firestick and regular TV and nearly every weekend we can't find anything decent to watch! Prime, Apple and Disney are free subs with phone contracts but they'll be binned when up.

We have Apple and Paramount free for a year with T-Mobile (I am in the US), will probably drop them when the year is up. I may resubscribe for a month every once in a while to binge watch any decent series we have missed.

I think part of what hit Netflix was that they are losing some of the covid lockdown signups but the stock market was expecting them to keep their massive growth going forever.