The future of laois hurling

Started by Tobias, October 27, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finbar o tool

Quote from: clonadmad on March 31, 2017, 05:22:53 PM
Confirmed,No referees available for any u12 games this year.

Ref it yourselves there lads,can see that working out well all right

Jesus thats terrible. Not going to end well.
Not sure about forcing clubs to supply refs, if people dont want to do it they dont want to do it. The gaa is a volunteer led organisation at the end of the day.  I dont see the county board doing anything to try recruit referees?
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

clonadmad

With current attrition rate as regards refs,whats the odds that next year,a similar situation will  happen at u14 level and then the following year with  u16.

God forbid,we would take a leaf out of the galway or Tipp book,shur what would they know,there will be some amount of pontificating if an insurance company turns down an injured u12 players claim because there is no refs report.

Just another example of we not having our house in order.

clonadmad

Wins for Rosenallis and Clonaslee in the A and B feile.

Hopefully they can win both their divisions and match last years representatives.

Mad Mentor

Great quality hurling on show at half time on Saturday night from the Cumann na mBunscoil kids. A lot of good catches and intense tackling considering these lads wouldn't have played together previously. Just goes to show there is talent out there in our underage players.

redsetanta

Thete was a couple of right young lads alrigjt. They would have been better off having 2 games though.Must have been 20 a side.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

clonadmad

Lads

Just reading the article in the Express where Rory Delaney made the point about an Easter Camp in Heywood for the underage football thereby making it difficult for players from the 3 major population centres to travel

Why isnt there 3/4 well located Easter Hurling camps in place also?

Also spoke to a friend of mine in Tipp last night,his young lad is playing regular  3rd and 4th class Cumann na mBunscoil games,they start with these games in 1st class as an introduction.Why do we only introduce these games at 5th and 6th class?.

clonadmad

Quote from: redsetanta on April 03, 2017, 09:33:36 PM
Thete was a couple of right young lads alrigjt. They would have been better off having 2 games though.Must have been 20 a side.

Obviously who ever was in charge wasn't aware of the benefits of small sided games at that level.

redsetanta

It's actually Knockbeg which is a fair trek for parents etc from the likes of Portarlington, Clonaslee and Durrow.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

clonadmad

Quote from: redsetanta on April 05, 2017, 01:30:54 PM
It's actually Knockbeg which is a fair trek for parents etc from the likes of Portarlington, Clonaslee and Durrow.

I stand corrected,my point still stands

Why not have 3/4 of these camps well located around the county for both hurling and football,for example the centre of excellence is hardly under that much pressure during the daytime.

Don Draper

Quote from: clonadmad on April 05, 2017, 01:53:50 PM

Why not have 3/4 of these camps well located around the county for both hurling and football,for example the centre of excellence is hardly under that much pressure during the daytime.
COE is the obvious place to hold it. Presume you cant hold 3/4 at the same time due to resources.

clonadmad

Quote from: Don Draper on April 05, 2017, 02:38:17 PM

COE is the obvious place to hold it. Presume you cant hold 3/4 at the same time due to resources.

We have 5 GDA's between hurling and football,I'm sure some of our college based hurlers and footballers are off for Easter and wouldn't say no to a few bob for coaching young lads,it's for 3 days,not exactly a full summer long cul camp program.

Don Draper

Quote from: clonadmad on April 05, 2017, 03:44:43 PM

We have 5 GDA's between hurling and football,I'm sure some of our college based hurlers and footballers are off for Easter and wouldn't say no to a few bob for coaching young lads,it's for 3 days,not exactly a full summer long cul camp program.
Doesn't mean its not still an issue in the eyes of the CB. Thats where the talk needs to be brought.

clonadmad

Quote from: Don Draper on April 05, 2017, 03:48:00 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on April 05, 2017, 03:44:43 PM

Doesn't mean its not still an issue in the eyes of the CB. Thats where the talk needs to be brought.

No doubt they are hanging on every word written here,Im sure at some stage the faceless critics on internet forums line will be wheeled out at a meeting.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: clonadmad on April 05, 2017, 01:16:04 PM
Also spoke to a friend of mine in Tipp last night,his young lad is playing regular  3rd and 4th class Cumann na mBunscoil games,they start with these games in 1st class as an introduction.Why do we only introduce these games at 5th and 6th class?.

Some schools have entered 2nd teams in Cumann na mBunscoil competitions to cater for younger classes.
I'd imagine it comes down to having the required number of volunteers within the school.
Again, clubs could be proactive here in encouraging this to happen. Perhaps recruiting parents and volunteers to help with their local school?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

clonadmad

How about putting in place a cumman na mbunscoil structure for the younger classes?.

I'm sure then the volunteers would come on board.