An Mhi Vs Muineachan

Started by thejuice, March 26, 2008, 01:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Wexford have shown themselves to be sore losers with as much credibility as Roscommon's appeal.  Both were always likely candidates for relegation in their respective codes.

Main Street

Is it one team to get promoted and one team to get relegated?

Mid Mon

Main Street

If Dublin top the table on points then no play off.

Chaos would be Dublin and 2 others finishing level on points.

The Monaghan Dublin draw leaves a 3 way tie less likely but not out of the equation.

timmyot501

Good win yesterday. Twas a bit stressful getting to the game but the pitch itself was ini good shape.  Overall Monaghan did ok. Corey was involved meaningfully for the first time this season and its no surprise that it was because he was at Full-forward.  He kicked 2 points and set up others too.  I think this helped Woods too who had a great game. McManus & Tommy played very well also. Last week we had 13 scores with 12 from frees. Today we proved we can score from play too (only 3 frees I think) and we had a good spread of scorers too.  Meath were unlucky to be as far behind at half-time, hitting the post for 1-1 but our defense got more on top in the second half.  And Gary McQuaid still to come back.

donelli

Quote from: timmyot501 on March 31, 2008, 11:52:13 AM
Good win yesterday. Twas a bit stressful getting to the game but the pitch itself was ini good shape.  Overall Monaghan did ok. Corey was involved meaningfully for the first time this season and its no surprise that it was because he was at Full-forward.  He kicked 2 points and set up others too.  I think this helped Woods too who had a great game. McManus & Tommy played very well also. Last week we had 13 scores with 12 from frees. Today we proved we can score from play too (only 3 frees I think) and we had a good spread of scorers too.  Meath were unlucky to be as far behind at half-time, hitting the post for 1-1 but our defense got more on top in the second half.  And Gary McQuaid still to come back.

our defence got more on top in the 2nd half?? have to dis-agree. our sustitutions made in defence weakened the team.

a good win all the same. mcmanus, corey and woods stood out with their performances i thought. (golllogey's workrate is immense).

timmyot501

But we won alot of ball in defense in the second half even after the changes I thought. I couldn't believe McAdam was introduced for Mone but he wasn't shown up when introduces.  Still very young.  This was our only defensive change during the game (with Hughes going to FB). Donal Morgan had a shakey first half but came into the game more and more (totally lost his man for the post hitting effort in 1st half).  Half back line again performed well.