Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pjoe

Quote from: AntrimRealist on January 11, 2018, 02:50:12 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 11, 2018, 01:58:50 PM
Quote from: AntrimRealist on January 11, 2018, 01:41:30 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on January 11, 2018, 09:20:12 AM
Quote from: AntrimRealist on January 11, 2018, 09:16:07 AM
Before getting onto the game, the setup for last night's game was shameful.
As for the game itself, at least Lenny will have worked out by now who isn't going to cut it. Centre half back is a major problem-Antrim got back in the game twice only for St Mary's to cut through the middle for easy goals.
Having heard much about CJ and his fitness, he still has the ability to take scores from range that is lacking elsewhere in the side.

The set up?

Patrons only allowed on one side of pitch, no scoreboard, no facilities for hot drinks, no flag, no anthem...........

This was the only pitch available? where would you have preferred it? Athletic Grounds?

Cargin would have been a better venue. Jesus they even have a scoreboard!!

We have access to a great facility when most other pitches in Ulster are not available at this time of year (how many McKenna Cup games called off on Sunday???) and people still find something to complain about.  Why do you think the Cavan game was played at Woodlands too? None of the clubs could/would make their pitch available (understandable given the weather)

stiffler

Thought the set up was decent last night, parking in car park available right beside pitch, quick access to purchasing tickets , and able to watch the game unobstructed. The surface also added to the speed of the game.

A coffee at half time would have been nice, but beggars can't be choosers.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

NatSoSaff

Quote from: stiffler on January 11, 2018, 05:56:30 PM
Thought the set up was decent last night, parking in car park available right beside pitch, quick access to purchasing tickets , and able to watch the game unobstructed. The surface also added to the speed of the game.

A coffee at half time would have been nice, but beggars can't be choosers.

Exactly, quit your whingein! Its McKenna Cup and a chance to get lads some competitive game time and for management to take a look ahead of the league. I'd rather be in our boat then Derrys last weekend who travelled all the way to Armagh for nathin!

aontroim

Sad news out of the SW this morning on the sudden passing of John O'Boyle RIP.  Deepest sympathy to his family. 

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

old timers

Very sad to hear.  Gentleman

paddyjohn

John was an absolute Gentleman. Condolences to his family and all at the Cargin club.

Galer

Sorry 2 hear abt John O Boyle.sticklier 4 the rules bit very fair man and did a load of work.

Galer

Anyone hear who has been selected/dropped from the senior panel?

Belfast GAA man

Have we a minor football manager in place or have i missed the appointment?thanks

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on January 13, 2018, 06:32:24 PM
Have we a minor football manager in place or have i missed the appointment?thanks

Under 19 you mean?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 13, 2018, 08:15:39 PM

Under 19 you mean?
County is u17(Minor) and u20 this year

Christmas Lights

Many clubs back training?
Any word when league fixtures are out or championship draw is being made?

old timers

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on January 14, 2018, 10:03:26 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 13, 2018, 08:15:39 PM

Under 19 you mean?
County is u17(Minor) and u20 this year

Has this been confirmed-  I know it was being considered??

imtommygunn

County has a long time. Club not so much.

Na Glinntí Glasa

club still isn't decided yet for the U17 & U20 format
hurl like f**k boi!