12 (10.7%)
5-10 pts
38 (33.9%)
10+ pts
36 (32.1%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Voting closed: December 19, 2020, 08:56:37 AM

galwayman

You would wonder how Ger Canning has lasted so long.
His commentary is absolutely dreadful.
A few weeks ago he said Daithi and David Burke were brothers. These are two All Star players ffs.
Who did the Sky commentary for the final?
Had a brain freeze and totally forgot it would be on Sky Sports Mix free.

6th sam

Quote from: galwayman on December 20, 2020, 09:32:04 PM
You would wonder how Ger Canning has lasted so long.
His commentary is absolutely dreadful.
A few weeks ago he said Daithi and David Burke were brothers. These are two All Star players ffs.
Who did the Sky commentary for the final?
Had a brain freeze and totally forgot it would be on Sky Sports Mix free.

Think it was Mike Finnerty , Paul early , with dick clerkin on sideline and billyJoe on hill16

6th sam

conversation today with old style GAA stalwart. He couldn't watch the end of the AI final, he felt that it's pointless . Dublin's dominance had become boring. Interestingly I have family who support the Dubs who feel the same .
Yet if we can learn from Dublin's achievement of excellence through usage of resources , spread the knowledge and wealth , including splitting Dublin , then we can write the next chapter of the GAA's success

The Hill is Blue

First things first. Congratulations once again to this phenomenal Dublin team. How privileged we are to see Gaelic football played at it's optimal level. Secondly, respect to Mayo. They fought like demons and went down with all flags flying.

However it's a bit sad to see some of the predictable reaction here from the usual suspects. If anyone here feels that their county is not capable of putting a team together to match the Dubs then they should raise the white flag and amalgamate with another defeatist county with the same mind-set and see if together they can compete at the highest level.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

galwayman

I like Finnerty as a commentator. Listened to him a good bit when he was on radio.
Either RTÉ or Sky should do whatever they can to get Tommy Walsh in for the hurling.
He's just brilliant on the radio.
Possibly as he's still playing club hurling it might be difficult for him to commit fully due to clashes etc.

From the Bunker

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on December 20, 2020, 09:49:15 PM
First things first. Congratulations once again to this phenomenal Dublin team. How privileged we are to see Gaelic football played at it's optimal level. Secondly, respect to Mayo. They fought like demons and went down with all flags flying.

However it's a bit sad to see some of the predictable reaction here from the usual suspects. If anyone here feels that their county is not capable of putting a team together to match the Dubs then they should raise the white flag and amalgamate with another defeatist county with the same mind-set and see if together they can compete at the highest level.

Well done Dublin. I have said it many times here that if Mayo don't win Sam. I want to see Dublin win.

So the (small) disappointment this year was made all the better by seeing Dublin get to six.

I will once again be cheering you all the way to the final next year.

Also well done to your Ladies team. There was no conflict of interest in me cheering them on in their Final.

4 in a row no less!

Well done once again!

From the Bunker

Quote from: BennyCake on December 20, 2020, 09:05:26 PM
Colm Cooper isn't great either as a pundit. Nor as that sideline reporter yesterday . Points out the obvious too much. Doesn't bring much more than any of us see or hear.

Useless and only deals with Kerry mafia agenda issues. Have to say I enjoyed his sickened face yesterday.

First he was sickened as he thought Mayo would be beaten by half time.
Second he was sickened that Mayo turn up and made him look a sort of fool.
Third he was sickened at the end at Dublin taking or equaling more Kerry Records.

Lastly, where did he get this phantom 5th AI medal?

seafoid

The 31 counties should leave the GAA and organise their own almost All Ireland. They don't need Croke Park. There would be no 10 in a row. See how the GAA like the collapse in income.

Dublin can't win glory and All Irelands if they have nobody to hammer the shite out of.

Dublin could subdivide into 12 teams and see if anyone is interested.

Halfquarter

It's not up to Mayo or Dublin for that matter to fix the shambolic Football Championship.

The mandarins that run the GAA caused this problem, it's time they fixed it.

By the way , I wouldn't like to see Dublin split in two, just some system in place where amateur are not competing with professionals.

WhoDat

Quote from: Tubberman on December 20, 2020, 08:40:07 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on December 20, 2020, 08:27:46 PM
Did they ever say what happened Durcan?

Horan said he hurt his quad in the first ball he went for.

did he play basically the full first half with an injury then? if so, fair play. he had kilkenny on a leash the whole first half. him going off was a huge loss for mayo and part of the reason they kind of hit a wall in the second half.

still interested to know what was said in the tunnel at half time to get that reaction out of o'shea and higgins. there'd be a lot of sledging in games and those mayo lads would be well used to it, even just at club level. i'm sure cillian o'connor has had plenty said to him over the years and to be fair he didn't react, but it must have been something particularly special for o'shea and higgins to start throwing digs at philly.

Maroon Manc

Didn't see any stats from the kickouts but at first glance thought Mayo did really well on them until Fenton came alive in the final quarter, don't think Cluxton had too many in the second half given Mayo's lack of attempts.

Its all very depressing, 7 in a row looks nailed on already.

Rossfan

Quote from: Halfquarter on December 20, 2020, 10:34:30 PM

It's not up to Mayo or Dublin for that matter to fix the shambolic Football Championship.

By the way , I wouldn't like to see Dublin split in two, just some system in place where amateur are not competing with professionals.
Your first 2 paragraphs are spot on.
However if you don't divide the 1.4m giant what is the solution?
Regional teams?
County players become professional or semi pro -work 3 days and get paid 2 days by the GAA when they train full time?
Any suggestions?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

APM

Quote from: Rossfan on December 21, 2020, 09:57:46 AM
Quote from: Halfquarter on December 20, 2020, 10:34:30 PM

Your first 2 paragraphs are spot on.
However if you don't divide the 1.4m giant what is the solution?
Regional teams?
County players become professional or semi pro -work 3 days and get paid 2 days by the GAA when they train full time?
Any suggestions?

Redistribution of funding!

seafoid

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 21, 2020, 09:53:32 AM
Didn't see any stats from the kickouts but at first glance thought Mayo did really well on them until Fenton came alive in the final quarter, don't think Cluxton had too many in the second half given Mayo's lack of attempts.

Its all very depressing, 7 in a row looks nailed on already.
Mayo were still in it with 55 minutes gone. From then on they were running on empty.
the same things happened to Kerry in the replay last year.Gne for the last 15 minutes.
It will be the same next year.

We need an audit of the Dublin team. What is the money being used for .
How many hours are spent on S&C

Progressive sports keep a tab on developments to ensure competition isn't damaged.
The GAA are useless in this regard