Leinster Senior football championship 2024

Started by Blowitupref, April 01, 2024, 09:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Half time Louth 0-10 Kildare 0-6

Quote from: Gael85 on April 28, 2024, 01:30:52 PMAnyway getting back to Leinster championship Kildare are great value to beat Louth. 7/4 is excellent odds to win as their athleticism is suited to the big pitch in Croke Park. Louth are guaranteed a place in AI so Kildare need the win more.

Kildare are 7/2 right now.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

Louth 4 points ahead with 10 minutes to play.   FT Louth 0-17 Kildare 0-13.  Back to back Leinster finals for Louth certainly the 2nd best in Leinster at the moment. Its the tailteann cup for Kildare.

Offaly look out on their feet by the end of that 1st half.  Dublin 1-10 to 0-4 in front.    21,000 the attendance today two matches they could have played elsewhere.

FT Dublin 3-22 Offaly 0-11.   Feared for Offaly at half time that they would ship a defeat like that.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Armagh18

Well done Dublin. Gutsy underdog through to another final!

Cunny Funt

Credit to Louth into the Leinster senior football final in two years running for the first time since 1957-1958. A pity it's Dublin eyeing up another AI title they'll face but will have the group stage after that and will be 2nd seeds.

Kildare need to have a full review to how and why this year has gone so badly for them.  Lost all Div 2 games and have now dropped to the Tailteann Cup and would anyone put money on them to win that competition?  For a county that has been strong and had success at U20 and U17 the last 5/6 years they should not find themselves at that position 

Rossfan

Seems something rotten in Kildare alright.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 28, 2024, 06:56:48 PMWell done Dublin. Gutsy underdog through to another final!

Which quote will I use:

Every team wants to play Dublin in Croke Park

Every team wants to beat Dublin in Croke Park

Croke Park is a neutral venue

This is a one in a generation group of Dublin players

The GAA needs a strong Dublin

Why aren't other counties doing what Dublin are doing?

oakleaf93

9k at the meeting of the big 2 in the Leinster hurling championship today. I imagine it won't get the same headlines the 22k at Dublin Meath got

Blowitupref

Quote from: oakleaf93 on April 28, 2024, 10:10:24 PM9k at the meeting of the big 2 in the Leinster hurling championship today. I imagine it won't get the same headlines the 22k at Dublin Meath got
Compared to Munster the interest in the Leinster Hurling championship doesn't seem to be great.

Rossfan

Only 1 Hurling County in it, you know who the top 2 are going to be,   token teams, all predictable.
It was still a decent turn out though.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

thejuice

I guess Offaly were also just lacking belief today. That's all there is to it. Other than that sure they're Dublins equal in every other factor.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

mup

22k at Croke Park yesterday. Sure everything is grand. Well done the GAA. Hope ye are proud.

Ostriches.

JoG2

Quote from: mup on April 29, 2024, 08:41:58 AM22k at Croke Park yesterday. Sure everything is grand. Well done the GAA. Hope ye are proud.

Ostriches.

Would definitely do no harm to move the Leinster games out of CP for a year or two. No Dubs I know would have an issue with this

Louth will give Dublin a game for 45/50 mins. Kildare, what is the craic there? Could be doing with a McGuinness or a Gallagher type manager

mup

Quote from: JoG2 on April 29, 2024, 09:17:51 AM
Quote from: mup on April 29, 2024, 08:41:58 AM22k at Croke Park yesterday. Sure everything is grand. Well done the GAA. Hope ye are proud.

Ostriches.

Would definitely do no harm to move the Leinster games out of CP for a year or two. No Dubs I know would have an issue with this

Louth will give Dublin a game for 45/50 mins. Kildare, what is the craic there? Could be doing with a McGuinness or a Gallagher type manager

Jesus himself couldn't do a job for Kildare. Brain dead footballers who can't get the basics right.

JoG2

Quote from: mup on April 29, 2024, 09:43:36 AM

Ostriches.

Jesus himself couldn't do a job for Kildare. Brain dead footballers who can't get the basics right.

Sounds like it time to dust off your boots

mup

Quote from: JoG2 on April 29, 2024, 01:31:00 PM
Quote from: mup on April 29, 2024, 09:43:36 AM

Ostriches.

Sounds like it time to dust off your boots

I can just about walk.