The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: J70 on December 01, 2021, 04:22:32 PM
The tackles (and studs  :P) will be flying in tonight, that's for sure. Liverpool need to have some balls, ride that out and play around them.

I'd be delighted with a one goal win.

Anyone who thinks Everton are going to be as passive as they've been recently in a home game against Liverpool needs their head examined.

Whiter than white Liverpool  ::) Klopp's cute AF as the referee will be more vigilant than ever with a jaundiced eye.

Wee Sneaky Andy will be up to his work, and will go unpunished but I'd still be expecting Liverpool to win this 2-0 or more.

J70

Quote from: johnnycool on December 01, 2021, 04:26:59 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 01, 2021, 04:22:32 PM
The tackles (and studs  :P) will be flying in tonight, that's for sure. Liverpool need to have some balls, ride that out and play around them.

I'd be delighted with a one goal win.

Anyone who thinks Everton are going to be as passive as they've been recently in a home game against Liverpool needs their head examined.

Whiter than white Liverpool  ::) Klopp's cute AF as the referee will be more vigilant than ever with a jaundiced eye.

Wee Sneaky Andy will be up to his work, and will go unpunished but I'd still be expecting Liverpool to win this 2-0 or more.

I'm still a wee bit sore about the toll last year's game took on Liverpool's season, but I was being a tiny wee bit provocative there. :)

Overall point stands though - Liverpool need to be prepared to get stuck in and fight fire with fire and then get the quick movement and passing going. Everton have a massive point to prove after a horrible six weeks or so and where better than the first full attendance derby in two years in front of a fired-up crowd? And there's nothing to fire up a crowd like a few crunching (fair) tackles and winning the battle for loose and second balls in a fast game against a supposedly superior team.

Milltown Row2

Are there crunching tackles anymore? The size of a PL player nowadays is nowhere near the bone crunching hard men of the early 90's .. they are lean as f**k! I remember standing beside Gareth Barry at Manchester airport one day and there was feck all to him.

If these players put in a 'proper' tackle they could hurt themselves. It's all niggly tackles
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

They would still be tough. Anyone at that level would be despite the rolling around which is just gamesmanship. This derby is not going to be good.

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 01, 2021, 04:57:24 PM
Are there crunching tackles anymore? The size of a PL player nowadays is nowhere near the bone crunching hard men of the early 90's .. they are lean as f**k! I remember standing beside Gareth Barry at Manchester airport one day and there was feck all to him.

If these players put in a 'proper' tackle they could hurt themselves. It's all niggly tackles

Maybe crunching tackles is outdated, but I'm not sure how else this current Everton team, with a couple of very important injuries and suspensions, will compete though.

I guess they COULD sit back on the edge of their box with the two banks of four, but will the home crowd allow that?

I expect them to be flying about, not giving Liverpool a second on the ball and trying to turn it into a dogfight.

But maybe I'm casting back too far to the olden days?

gawa316

Hopefully the budding Bansky's behave themselves...people's club  ::)

laoislad

Of course they will be up for it, it's all they have. Sure look at the scenes last season when they finally won at Anfield, an empty Anfield against a injury ravaged Liverpool team at that.You'd think they had won the league such were the celebrations!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Armamike

Hopefully Everton will stick to the football tonight. Under Rafa I'd expect them to be competitive without resorting to the durt of last time.
Would be nice to stick a few past Pickford.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Armamike on December 01, 2021, 06:15:30 PM
Hopefully Everton will stick to the football tonight. Under Rafa I'd expect them to be competitive without resorting to the durt of last time.
Would be nice to stick a few past Pickford.
👀

From the Bunker

Quote from: laoislad on December 01, 2021, 08:38:20 PM
Everton fans leaving already !

Yeah? In fairness they are getting the run around!

Tony Baloney

laoislad

Poor goal to concede, they switched off and they let them back in it.
Think we'll need another couple of goals to win this.
What's the story with the booing of VVD? Do the apes think he faked his injury 🙄

From the Bunker

Everton have 4 yellows from that half. That's 4 players who will have to restrain from a silly moment in the 2nd half!

laoislad

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 01, 2021, 09:09:52 PM
Everton have 4 yellows from that half. That's 4 players who will have to restrain from a silly moment in the 2nd half!
Two of them were for diving!

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: laoislad on December 01, 2021, 09:05:36 PM
Poor goal to concede, they switched off and they let them back in it.
Think we'll need another couple of goals to win this.
What's the story with the booing of VVD? Do the apes think he faked his injury 🙄
That's just the sort of Everton fans. Nearly had his career ended by one of our own players but let's boo Van Dijk anyway.
The ev. Always bitter