Row in Mayo LGFA

Started by Seany, July 11, 2018, 08:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iorras

Quote from: thebackbar1 on September 06, 2018, 11:25:45 PM
Quote from: hardstation on September 06, 2018, 11:02:30 PM
Cora Staunton may have a legitimate grievance. I don't know that. You don't know that. However, I'm not going to completely discount it.

If she had a legitimate grievance then she should be taking it through the LGFA disciplinary bodies, she's doing no one any favors by staying quiet on the matter like she's doing now, if some thing was wrong with the setup she should expose it.
but shes not staying quiet on it. She was on the national airways saying that an environment full of young women, some of them under 18, run by a man is "not safe". WTF? How can that go unchallenged. If I was Peter Leahy and his backroom team I'd be in my solicitors office and their'd be writs flying all over the shop. An outrageous statement to just throw out there given the context.

Itchy

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 07, 2018, 10:04:38 AM
Quote from: Itchy on September 07, 2018, 08:34:12 AM
Cora Staunton may have a legitimate grievance. I don't know that. You don't know that. However, I'm not going to completely discount it.

Trust me, she doesn't have a legitimate grievance. She does have a grievance alright that someone dared to suggest she would be a better impact sub than starter. If you think there is something sinister at play why did the remaining panel members come out so strongly and say there wasn't and site a fail coup. Cora is trying to change the narrative to explain her outrageous actions which sabotaged the teams chances this year by pretending there was some almighty cause she was defending. What is most annoying is that no media outlet will even ask her a hard question on it.

I can see it from her perspective though.  She is their best player so why shouldn't she deserve to start?  Hardly being treated fairly.

Managers decide who starts. She was away in Australia and comes back and should start? Plus if you ever watch Mayo she is a poor influence on other players, she doesnt pass and tries to do everything herself. I can easily see why manager would take the view she should start off the bench.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: shark on September 07, 2018, 10:22:44 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on September 07, 2018, 10:16:55 AM
Quote from: Owenmoresider on September 07, 2018, 09:44:32 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on September 07, 2018, 09:22:35 AM
Quote from: screenexile on September 07, 2018, 08:31:21 AM

If she had a legitimate grievance then she should be taking it through the LGFA disciplinary bodies, she's doing no one any favors by staying quiet on the matter like she's doing now, if some thing was wrong with the setup she should expose it.

She signed an NDA!

Then she shouldn't be going next nor near the media, to be fair.
Well there is a book to be selling in the near future.
Documentary about her year in AFL on TG4 coming up too....hmm

Year? The competition was 7 weeks long.
It's only a relatively new competition isn't it? And it's odd that it took place almost before the men's AFL season even begun.

Syferus

Quote from: Owenmoresider on September 07, 2018, 12:13:13 PM
Quote from: shark on September 07, 2018, 10:22:44 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on September 07, 2018, 10:16:55 AM
Quote from: Owenmoresider on September 07, 2018, 09:44:32 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on September 07, 2018, 09:22:35 AM
Quote from: screenexile on September 07, 2018, 08:31:21 AM

She signed an NDA!

Then she shouldn't be going next nor near the media, to be fair.
Well there is a book to be selling in the near future.
Documentary about her year in AFL on TG4 coming up too....hmm

Year? The competition was 7 weeks long.
It's only a relatively new competition isn't it? And it's odd that it took place almost before the men's AFL season even begun.

Why is it odd? Going head-to-head with a much more established brand of the same sport doesn't seem like a smart idea if you want to gain some traction.

GalwayBayBoy

Feels like something that has grown a life of its own and has got out of hand but the Carnacon crew can't row back on it now without seriously losing face as they have pushed it too far. They can't say they just got the hump with Cora not being selected so instead there is a lot of very vague loose talk about "safety" and "environments" which is just raising more questions which nobody can answer.

Captain Scarlet

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Itchy

He's been very diplomatic. I think you listen to that it's clear what happened.

befair

The "unhealthy environment" sounds sinister

From the Bunker

Quote from: Itchy on September 12, 2018, 08:28:17 PM

He is, held his station! He knows there are good players with Carnacon that could come back and add to the team and he does not want to burn that bridge.

Looks like Cora has been telling a few fibs. Looks like two players were told their roles in the team had changed and these players were not happy - and decided to take things into their own hands - use their power drag a few players down with them and it backfired.

This is the first time they have encountered a manager strong enough to make big decisions and wade it out.

It looked like this would go away, only for the County Board to also grow a pair and firmly put Carnacon in its place.

Cora ''opened her mouth to wide'' last week and she could live to regret some of the strong accusations she made.

dublin7

I wonder will Cora be as quick to do her tour of the radio stations over the next few days in response to the quite reasonable points made by the manager Peter Leahy. 

It will also be interesting to see does this affect the appeal by Mayo Ladies Board to reinstate Carnacon into the club championship.

Jinxy

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 12, 2018, 09:36:35 PM

He is, held his station! He knows there are good players with Carnacon that could come back and add to the team and he does not want to burn that bridge.

Looks like Cora has been telling a few fibs. Looks like two players were told their roles in the team had changed and these players were not happy - and decided to take things into their own hands - use their power drag a few players down with them and it backfired.

This is the first time they have encountered a manager strong enough to make big decisions and wade it out.

It looked like this would go away, only for the County Board to also grow a pair and firmly put Carnacon in its place.

Cora ''opened her mouth to wide'' last week and she could live to regret some of the strong accusations she made.

Did Leahy say that?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Itchy

Quote from: Jinxy on September 12, 2018, 10:42:03 PM

Did Leahy say that?

Well he said he had  no intention of doing an interview on it until Cora said the players were not in a safe environment so I think it's reasonable to surmise she opened her moith too wide.

SCFC

Quote from: Jinxy on September 12, 2018, 10:42:03 PM

Did Leahy say that?
No. That's not a quote from Leahy.