One for the Armagh boys...

Started by omagh_gael, April 06, 2017, 08:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Just found this on YouTube (off the ball shared it on Facebook). As a Tyrone man this was hard to post considering our Ulster exit and the Croke park shambles!!

Highlights of almost every game from the 2002 championship...

https://youtu.be/pAnI27a0ATU

Armamike

That's just, like your opinion man.

Imposerous

Quote from: omagh_gael on April 06, 2017, 08:07:06 PM
Just found this on YouTube (off the ball shared it on Facebook). As a Tyrone man this was hard to post considering our Ulster exit and the Croke park shambles!!

Throw ball 1m 6s ;)

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Armamike on April 06, 2017, 10:03:21 PM
Good man.  Christ, 15 years.

On our previous pattern only another 9 or 10 years to go before we reach another final, 1953, 1977, 2002 and 2026/7.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Kevin 'Hub' Hughes as a (truly scoring) full forward in those days -- Christ, I thought it was long before 2002!  :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

That was a middlin Armagh team.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

stew

Thanks for posting that, God football was brilliant back then, none of this 15 men shite behind thenball and Joe taught that ballix Harte what it took to win an AI.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

omochain

Quote from: omagh_gael on April 06, 2017, 08:07:06 PM

Thank you
One forgets how good those McEntees were.
Most underrated brothers of all time

omochain

In 2002 young Clarke made the pony look like a donkey and McEntee dictated play in the middle third for the first twenty minutes and Armagh led the All Ireland final comfortably. Guess who was taken out of the game..... and you will never believe who did it....  >:(

omochain

omochain

I really wanted an excuse to get to 100

omochain

It only took me ten years to get to 100 but in truth it was mostly the beer that motivated my enthusiasm.

Armamike

Those were 2 great games between ourselves and Tyrone. Some quality scores.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Fuzzman

Yeah was thinking the same Fear about Hub. He certainly seemed to lose those shooting boots in the years after though he nearly scored a goal in the 2005 final.  ;D
That was a great goal big Sean scored to equalise the first game. He looks leaner now I think.

I'd love to see a few more of the full games between Tyrone and Armagh.

rrhf

Quote from: omochain on April 07, 2017, 05:47:50 AM
In 2002 young Clarke made the pony look like a donkey and McEntee dictated play in the middle third for the first twenty minutes and Armagh led the All Ireland final comfortably. Guess who was taken out of the game..... and you will never believe who did it....  >:(
Was it a 14 year old Gooch by a 28 year old Mc Geeney?