?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

stew

Quote from: ned on February 18, 2018, 04:59:12 PM
Quote from: MoChara on February 18, 2018, 04:43:34 PM
Celtic getting a hard time from the ref here, and without brown St Johnstone aren't a bit afraid to try and kick us about

Over 20 fouls and about 20 more not given. No consistency allowed. 7 changes didn't help and only 2 or 3 clear chances. Thursday more important.

Ned, the league is far more important than a cup you are not going to win, the league gives you a double with only the cup to go, a handy draw in the quarters makes for an intense end of season run, I will never understand why people put so much stake in the Europa cup when you still have not won the domestic league yet.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

T Fearon

Celtic are not the same team without Broony.He drives them on..

ned

Quote from: stew on February 18, 2018, 10:41:12 PM
Quote from: ned on February 18, 2018, 04:59:12 PM
Quote from: MoChara on February 18, 2018, 04:43:34 PM
Celtic getting a hard time from the ref here, and without brown St Johnstone aren't a bit afraid to try and kick us about

Over 20 fouls and about 20 more not given. No consistency allowed. 7 changes didn't help and only 2 or 3 clear chances. Thursday more important.

Ned, the league is far more important than a cup you are not going to win, the league gives you a double with only the cup to go, a handy draw in the quarters makes for an intense end of season run, I will never understand why people put so much stake in the Europa cup when you still have not won the domestic league yet.

League is more important overall, yes definitely. However, Europa League is more important than one league game. If we don't win the league from here then it won't be about just today's match. Whether the league goes towards a double or a treble doesn't really matter although it would be great to do the treble back to back.

illdecide

Think BR was spot on with the comments below...Tommy Wright should be asking questions of his players...

Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers has questioned the desire of St Johnstone's players in their lower-profile games after they drew at Celtic Park for the second time this season.

Saints also drew 1-1 with the Scottish Premiership leaders in August and beat Rangers at Ibrox in December.

But Tommy Wright's side had won only one of their previous eight games - over Albion Rovers in the Scottish Cup.

"I think there are questions there for Tommy's players," said Rodgers.

St Johnstone are struggling in ninth place in the Premiership, and are eight points off a spot in the top six, where they have finished for each of the last six seasons.

Rodgers suggested Wright's men are cheating their manager by not showing the same desire against other sides as they do against the Old Firm.

He said: "Tommy's a fantastic manager, I am sure he walks away happy with a point but probably really frustrated.

"How can you win a game 3-1 at Ibrox on 16 December, not win a game right the way through [since], apart from the Albion game, then your next big result is away at Celtic?

"So I think the question goes with the St Johnstone players.

"Today you've seen them organised, committed, fighting, running - doing all of that.

"If they do that in every game they would probably win a lot more games."

Rodgers made seven changes from the 1-0 Europa League win over Zenit St Petersburg on Thursday, with Tom Rogic, Cristian Gamboa, Jack Hendry, Calvin Miller, Charly Musonda, Odsonne Edouard and Scott Sinclair all starting.

"You have to be careful, we have so many games," added the manager, whose side travel to Russia for the second leg on Thursday, before a meeting with Aberdeen at Pittodrie on Sunday.

"Scott Brown was suspended, Mikael Lustig had a niggle on his Achilles and we couldn't risk that, and Olivier Ntcham was ill so he couldn't play.

"Olivier should be fine, Browny will be available and Mikael should be fine, it was precautionary. They will be fine for Thursday.

"There were lots of positives for us in terms of players. It was Tom Rogic's first game in two months, we have to take opportunities at some point to play some of these guys, like Cristian Gamboa and Calvin Miller.

"Even if we had a full-strength side it would have still been difficult."
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Main Street

Quote from: stew on February 17, 2018, 12:31:56 AM
Quote from: Main Street on February 16, 2018, 02:55:12 PM
Quote from: stew on February 16, 2018, 11:37:43 AM
Quote from: straightred on February 15, 2018, 10:05:05 PM
6pm start next Thursday. A chilly -7 over there this evening

Celtic teams are used to shit weather and the kit guys will have them all sorted, they will be fine, I think they will rue so many missed chances but all in all an excellent performance and I hope they make it through obviously, it will be tough.
There will be no worries about the weather. Zenit have a brand new stadium with a retractable roof, the world's most expensive stadium.

I highly doubt that!
You can chose not to watch the game on thursday, perhaps best. Should you watch the game on tv, you can turn volume down or chose a channel whose language is foreign to you or keep repeating to yourself every time the commentator refers to the stadium roof,  "I highly doubt that" "I highly doubt that".
Should the cameras focus on the closed roof or external images of the  stadium be shown, then just keep repeating " Russian fakers!!"

paddyjohn

Yesterday was flat, both in the stands and on the park. Broonys influence was missed without doubt as was KTS. Also Ntcham was a huge with his drive from the middle of the park. McGregor isn't captain material either!

Onwards and upwards for Thursday night, in Brendan we trust.

illdecide

What you reckon men for later...cropping myself here, dunno what to expect from Celtic.

bennydorano

illdecide

I see as a joke Zenit put the Boston Celtics logo on the match programme in response to Celtic putting their old club crest on the match programme last week.

MoChara

Quote from: illdecide on February 22, 2018, 05:08:07 PM
I see as a joke Zenit put the Boston Celtics logo on the match programme in response to Celtic putting their old club crest on the match programme last week.

That's brilliant 😂😂

It's +15 degrees in the stadium -18 apparently that's an amazing bit of engineering

Dire Ear

Dire Ear

Targetman

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Targetman on February 22, 2018, 06:51:47 PM
Our keeper's shite

He's what's known in the football world as a "Liverpool keeper"  i.e. pure shit.

paddyjohn