Official Irish Football Association Thread (Northern Ireland)

Started by Mentalman, September 04, 2007, 11:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Quote from: GJL on November 13, 2017, 10:01:13 AM
If a team can't score a single goal in 180+ minutes then they can have no complaints about exiting a competition.

Going on our Performance in the first tie, we may be saying the same.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

MW

If a team can't score a single goal in 180+ minutes then they can have no complaints about exiting a competition.

They can when their opponents would have been in the same position but for an outrageous penalty decision (and should have played 85 minutes of the first leg with 10 men).

Still gutted after yesterday but very proud of how the team went about the game. The what might have been a on the penalty, the red card not given, and the first leg performance and approach will, sadly, last for years.

T Fearon

Sadly it took a courageous English jounalist,Daily Mirror's Kevin Maguire to raise the issue of the addition of No Surrender,to the English national anthem last Thursday at Windsor Park. He explained on BBC Talkback on Friday that he could see why a whole commmunity is alienated by this and other things,and why they won't support the team.

stew

Quote from: MW on November 13, 2017, 10:49:58 PM

They can when their opponents would have been in the same position but for an outrageous penalty decision (and should have played 85 minutes of the first leg with 10 men).

Still gutted after yesterday but very proud of how the team went about the game. The what might have been a on the penalty, the red card not given, and the first leg performance and approach will, sadly, last for years.

Look, decisions go for you and against you, shit happens and I am not having that as an excuse, youse were played off the park in the first leg, at home and failure to show up killed you.

As for your last comment I could not agree more, the approach to the first leg was a disgrace frankly, and I am an admirer of the manager, that was shocking and ultimately did you all in.

As for compensation for getting knocked out by a dubious penalty....................................................... :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

nrico2006

The North getting put out due to a mistake by the referee is a sickener to be honest.  Switzerland didn't beat NI, the ref did.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

You can have all the possession in the world a play a team off the park but if you can't put the ball in the net and rely on ref mistake you'd need to question your own tactics, the Swiss only had 2 shots on target at Windsor..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 14, 2017, 10:38:21 AM
The North getting put out due to a mistake by the referee is a sickener to be honest.  Switzerland didn't beat NI, the ref did.

I don't recall the ref scoring the penalty.

Seriously, NI didn't make it. Boo hoo, I won't be losing any sleep over it. Can't believe the sob stories over this.

screenexile

Quote from: BennyCake on November 14, 2017, 10:43:13 AM

Seriously, NI didn't make it. Boo hoo, I won't be losing any sleep over it. Can't believe the sob stories over this.

Do you remember Henry's handball??!!

Milltown Row2

I'd say there is only two real NI fans here on the board and fair play to them, so let them sob, if i was a supporter of a team and they were dealt that hand I'd be gurnning too.. for the record i was cheering them on as they as i like the way they have played these last few years under Michael..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Northern Ireland has a good spell every 25 years or so. You can understand that this could be the end of an era, since NI itself might not last another 25 years.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Horse Box

Well said !

BennyCake

Quote from: screenexile on November 14, 2017, 11:09:09 AM

Yes I do. And I got over it 10 minutes later.

Anyway, there's reason to get annoyed at something when your own team is involved. Very few have any affiliation to Norn Iron on here, so why would you care?

nrico2006

People still crying about Henry all these years later; obviously have got over it. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

Quote from: BennyCake on November 14, 2017, 07:40:45 PM

Anyway, there's reason to get annoyed at something when your own team is involved. Very few have any affiliation to Norn Iron on here, so why would you care?

I'm not talking about you in particular but the whole country/media lost its marbles at the time. Much worse than the North complained about the non handball!

BennyCake

Quote from: screenexile on November 15, 2017, 09:49:21 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on November 14, 2017, 07:40:45 PM

I'm not talking about you in particular but the whole country/media lost its marbles at the time. Much worse than the North complained about the non handball!

Yes I remember. What people forget is that at 1-1, Ireland still needed to score again to qualify. The Henry incident changed very little. Had Ireland scored again, they'd have qualified anyway, on away goals. They couldn't get another, so they didn't qualify. Move on.

Norn Iron couldn't score in 2 games. Even if the ref hadn't awarded that penalty, they would've needed to score to qualify. They didn't, so didn't qualify. Again, move on.