The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Gmac on November 08, 2018, 03:56:50 AM
Trump has banned Acosta from White House now that should keep his name in the headlines for a few days , all tv news media in the country are a disgrace they do not report news but opine on it and spin it  I Turn it off and go outside and talk to people to see what's really going on .
Also Let's see what mueller has if anything get it out on the table and get it over with and move forward appropriately.

Yeah, that was rough, unfair questioning from Acosta. ::)

What exactly did he ask that was wrong? And how exactly do your neighbours know "what's really going on?"

Would you be asking Mueller to cut his investigation off before it was done if it was the Clinton or Obama campaign he was investigating?

Were you similarly outraged at the ten different Congressional investigations into Benghazi?

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on November 08, 2018, 10:45:45 AM
Quote from: Gmac on November 08, 2018, 03:56:50 AM
Trump has banned Acosta from White House now that should keep his name in the headlines for a few days , all tv news media in the country are a disgrace they do not report news but opine on it and spin it  I Turn it off and go outside and talk to people to see what's really going on .
Also Let's see what mueller has if anything get it out on the table and get it over with and move forward appropriately.

Yeah, that was rough, unfair questioning from Acosta. ::)

What exactly did he ask that was wrong? And how exactly do your neighbours know "what's really going on?"

Would you be asking Mueller to cut his investigation off before it was done if it was the Clinton or Obama campaign he was investigating?

Were you similarly outraged at the ten different Congressional investigations into Benghazi?
Trump is a tr*mp. You can see from the way he reacted to Acosta . He wants attention and cannot deal with criticism.
You would also wonder about how he deal with his domestic partner when things don't go his way.
The questions were valid.
The response was not.

He makes Nixon look statesmanlike. The Presidency is a great revealer of character. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

whitey

If I was a Democrat, I would be furious because the Democrats won the "Senate Popular Vote" and somehow still lost seats. The system is rigged against them and it's rascist and unfair

RedHand88

Quote from: whitey on November 08, 2018, 12:12:45 PM
If I was a Democrat, I would be furious because the Democrats won the "Senate Popular Vote" and somehow still lost seats. The system is rigged against them and it's rascist and unfair

It's really not though. Most of the Senate seats up this time were in democrat areas. There was even a democrat v democrat race in California I believe. It means nothing that they won the popular vote. Nothing.

screenexile

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 08, 2018, 12:18:54 PM

It's really not though. Most of the Senate seats up this time were in democrat areas. There was even a democrat v democrat race in California I believe. It means nothing that they won the popular vote. Nothing.

As far as I can tell nobody on here has said anything about the Senate race being rigged but whitey obviously has some point to make about it.

It's the State houses that are rigged and unfair but Trump's complete incompetence has meant that the Dems can start to undo some of the gerrymandering nonsense your friends have been up to since the Tea Party days!!

On Acosta well that's disgusting. . . Huckabee saying he "Placed his hands on an intern" what a crock of complete shit!! If anything the intern was out of line!

HiMucker

Quote from: screenexile on November 08, 2018, 12:22:02 PM

As far as I can tell nobody on here has said anything about the Senate race being rigged but whitey obviously has some point to make about it.

It's the State houses that are rigged and unfair but Trump's complete incompetence has meant that the Dems can start to undo some of the gerrymandering nonsense your friends have been up to since the Tea Party days!!

On Acosta well that's disgusting. . . Huckabee saying he "Placed his hands on an intern" what a crock of complete shit!! If anything the intern was out of line!
100%. Someone made the point on the Mayo ladies thread, that they made a loaded allegation. Its the same in this case, "young female intern". Its clear what they are trying to do given the current landscape with "#metoo" etc. An absolute disgrace.

sid waddell

The Democrats increased their vote share from the corresponding 2012 Senate elections, when they did very well.

They got the highest vote share in the House of any party since 2008 on an extremely high turnout for a mid-term election.

Feel free to ignore that, by all means.

J70

No one here has said that the Senate popular vote means anything. Some states didn't even have Senate elections. Others had two.

Whitey is just trying to distract. Or maybe he is really in denial about what the GOP has become.

RedHand88

Acostas press pass revoked now after the fracus between him and the intern trying to move the mic on.

whitey

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 08, 2018, 01:00:12 PM
Acostas press pass revoked now after the fracus between him and the intern trying to move the mic on.

He ASSAULTED the intern

#metoo

Kickham csc

It didn't look pretty, and he has given them an opportunity to act

Gabriel_Hurl

You are absolutely useless at this shitey

johnnycool

Quote from: whitey on November 08, 2018, 01:16:55 PM

He ASSAULTED the intern

#metoo

It must have been like a Bruce Lee 1 inch punch.

The poor girl must have fierce bruising on that arm.

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on November 08, 2018, 01:16:55 PM

He ASSAULTED the intern

#metoo
Show us the video .
Acosta got on Trump's tits because he asked a very pointed question.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

RedHand88

At the end of the day, he's stealing time of other reporters, which isn't fair. Acosta has a history of this sort of thing.