The Minister, the Commissioner and the whistleblower

Started by Hardy, February 20, 2014, 03:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vallankumous

Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 16, 2017, 10:54:33 AM

The problem Farr is that FF are shit scared that something might turn up that would implicate them also if and when the tribunal starts up. Once the tribunal gets down to work, there's no telling what might be discovered. Remember it was 2008 when Maurice McCabe raised concerns about senior gardaĆ­ quashing penalty points and FF were in office then. There will be a lot of squeaky bums on both sides of the Dail chamber when the craic starts and witnesses are called before the tribunal.

That is not the problem.
The mess up here is by FG only. This seems like an attempt to spread blame.

The problem is institutional abuse across the political and established Irish society.
FF are not responsible for this. This has feck all to do with the potential findings of a tribunal as there will be no one held responsible anyway. Least of all FF. FFs actions here are short sighted as are all their actions. FF are in a good place right now and this current set up is the only thing that interests them. Similar to SF and FG. SF must act as they are the only opposition. FF must not allow SF to act as they must be seen as opposition. FG must protect what they have as the other side is only a loss for them.
Nobody in elected office cares about the tribunal. It's those in the institutions such as the GardaĆ­ and Tulsa that have to worry. Tohe only place there will be change is in these places, not in elected office.

Stall the Bailer

I agree with a lot of this, but the political parties must take some blame for letting it happening and doing nothing about it.

foxcommander

Quote from: The Subbie on February 16, 2017, 10:30:59 AM
Quote from: Tubberman on February 16, 2017, 09:38:38 AM
Quote from: Stall the Bailer on February 16, 2017, 09:15:55 AM
Because GAA is all that is discussed on here. Cop out.

Maybe you're right. Or maybe it's because most people have learned that it's impossible to have a reasonable balanced discussion with a rabble of SFers.

There's one of the major problems manifesting itself right there in front of our eyes, they are not of my tribe , therefore they deserve less than me.
The lads will see me right.
I'll be all right if the lads are all right.
I better vote for the lads.

Good f**king lad yourself.

It doesn't matter about the naked corruption, cronyism and overt brown envelope culture that leeches across every level of politics in Ireland.
It doesn't matter that a decent man has been slandered with the most disgusting of made up accusations just because he spoke up and tried to act in line with the oath he took to serve the country.

All that matters is giving the shinners a good thump .
Pathetic really, truly truly pathetic.

For what it's worth I'm of no particular political persuasion but would be left of centre, am not in any way a card carrying member of Sinn Fein.

You , Tubster , seeing as we are making sweeping genralisations do seem possibly of the blue shirted variety.
This week must be hard as Ye cling to the myth that Ye are a law and order party, there'll be no bonfires in Mayo after the next election aul schtock....

Apart from Enda on top of the bonfire.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Tubberman

Maybe you're right. Or maybe it's because most people have learned that it's impossible to have a reasonable balanced discussion with a rabble of SFers.

There's one of the major problems manifesting itself right there in front of our eyes, they are not of my tribe , therefore they deserve less than me.

It doesn't matter about the naked corruption, cronyism and overt brown envelope culture that leeches across every level of politics in Ireland.
It doesn't matter that a decent man has been slandered with the most disgusting of made up accusations just because he spoke up and tried to act in line with the oath he took to serve the country.

For what it's worth I'm of no particular political persuasion but would be left of centre, am not in any way a card carrying member of Sinn Fein.

You , Tubster , seeing as we are making sweeping genralisations do seem possibly of the blue shirted variety.
This week must be hard as Ye cling to the myth that Ye are a law and order party, there'll be no bonfires in Mayo after the next election aul schtock....

Thanks - that's the kind of shite I was talking about... why would anyone bother replying to muck like that.

All I said was that maybe people were discussing it elsewhere rather than on this GAA forum! How that prompted you to type that absolute drivel is beyond me.

This whole Garda/Tusla/McCabe/Commissioner/Fitzgerald/Kenny fiasco is all over every media outlet in the state for the past week - radio, television, newspapers etc
Nobody is putting their heads in the sand - it's a national disgrace! It will lead to the Taoiseach standing down as leader of FG, and will probably lead to the Commissioner having to stand down, and will possibly cause a General Election.
And that's before the work of the tribunal starts to look at the real issues!

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

BarryBreensBandage

The term 'political opportunism' should be removed from all public debate in any government.
I've heard it creeping into Dail reports over the past few days, the DUP use it all the time when put to task.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

manfromdelmonte

There's no opportunism here

Basically the main party in power didn't want to deal with this issue properly, for the past 5 years!

I don't know why anybody didn't believe Luke Ming Flanagan, Wallace, and Clare Daly when they raised this issue over 5 years ago???? They first raised the McCabe issues in the Dail.
Penalty points issue
whistleblowers
intimidation and bullying in the gardai
Yet now it is only when FF and Lab start nosing about the issue that it comes to a head.

It was Ming, Wallace, Daly and other Independents who have done the state a lot of good by continuously raising this issue

The Subbie

Quote from: Tubberman on February 16, 2017, 02:39:25 PM

Thanks - that's the kind of shite I was talking about... why would anyone bother replying to muck like that.

But you did and you forgot to put he boot into SF , Mick Wallace , Clare Daly & everyone else that didn't put their head in the sand, like you.

Like I said , good lad.

Tubberman

Quote from: The Subbie on February 16, 2017, 07:22:17 PM

But you did and you forgot to put he boot into SF , Mick Wallace , Clare Daly & everyone else that didn't put their head in the sand, like you.

Like I said , good lad.

f**k off, good lad.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Milltown Row2

The southern posters are posting more on the Brexit thread than here
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 16, 2017, 08:37:11 PM

So what? This is a local scandal. Brexit is f**king nuts
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

macdanger2

Have to say I find this whole thing awful strange - why is there such a lack of political interest in this? It's not like anyone in particular is benefitting from this? So why the reluctance to listen to the whistle blowers and treat them correctly?

Kenny is obviously going to go soon but without having an answer to the question above, it's hard to see how it will change a whole lot

gallsman

Mick Wallace being held up as a champion of righteousness.

Next, the Healy-Raes are a great bunch of lads with the national interest at heart.

Rossfan

Quote from: macdanger2 on February 16, 2017, 09:51:09 PM
Have to say I find this whole thing awful strange - why is there such a lack of political interest in this? It's not like anyone in particular is benefitting from this? So why the reluctance to listen to the whistle blowers and treat them correctly?

Kenny is obviously going to go soon but without having an answer to the question above, it's hard to see how it will change a whole lot

Has the Garda top brass something on most of them?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

The Subbie

Quote from: Tubberman on February 16, 2017, 07:25:52 PM
Quote from: The Subbie on February 16, 2017, 07:22:17 PM
Quote from: Stall the Bailer link=topic=24336
/quote]

f**k off, good lad.

Pathetic,childlike and crass.
In a way it's like holding up a mirror to the FG junta.

Super job on enabling corruption, head on over to your fellow county men in Rossport and see if they agree with your cheerleading the Junta.

Good lad.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on February 16, 2017, 08:51:20 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 16, 2017, 08:37:11 PM

So what? This is a local scandal. Brexit is f**king nuts
That's your total sum of posts on this?? Feck!! You're more interested in other counties affairs rather on what's going on in your own backyard!! Sums you up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea