The Official World Cup 2018 Thread

Started by Ball Hopper, November 16, 2017, 05:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

I don't know that I agree. Belgium's plan to whip those crosses in to fellaini coming back post with lukaku through the middle was clear from the start. Chadli made great work of matuidi all game. The number of misses from Umtiti and Varane was way too high and I think they rode their luck. There were missed clearances or misplayed clearances 5 or 6 times and very nearly a headed own goal.

I agree that taking fellaini off was a serious error amd think Martinez second guessed  himself. I also think that witsel, de bruyne and dembele took far too many touches on the ball through the middle while lukaku was gesturing wildly for the early ball one on one, not a single ball played to him. Hazard is seriously talented but with de bruyne off his game and no early balls to lukaku, Kante can assist the defence in guarding him heavily and so it was.

France are an interesting team, goal was well taken but he made it by a fraction because of fellainis's late move, and if you watch it you can see the Belgian actually puts it in his own net off his big mop (though I think courtois wasnt getting it anyway but the deflection puts it further away from him) Cynical towards the end, but wouldn't you be in the circumstances.

Mbappe getting the headlines but Griezeman is a class apart and is pulling the strings with some serious work put in by Giroud.  Pogba is an enigma moments of brilliance and some serious errors of judgement, on the other hand Kante is just unbelievable the shift he puts in, but for him I think they would have been shredded though the middle.

I'd say France are praying for Croatia, England's pace with Kane, Sterling and perhaps even Vardy could cause them serious problems around the back. Kane could have had a hat trick playing for Belgium today.

Croatia abĂș.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Dougal Maguire

Yeah. Hope you're right. I'll be watching it in Dubrovnik so the craic should be good if they win
Careful now

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on July 10, 2018, 10:19:08 PM
Yeah. Hope you're right. I'll be watching it in Dubrovnik so the craic should be good if they win

The place here was rammed with ones already by the beach bars! So looking forward to tomorrow!

Croatia 🇭🇷 Abu
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

Alright boys we get it yis are ur fecking jollies... I'm not jealous at all.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 10, 2018, 10:41:20 PM

The place here was rammed with ones already by the beach bars! So looking forward to tomorrow!

Croatia 🇭🇷 Abu
I searched the place looking for you.
Careful now

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on July 10, 2018, 10:46:47 PM

Croatia 🇭🇷 Abu

We are in Okrug Gronji! Stunning place! Locals all in good spirits for tomorrow but saying it's a pretty 50/60 game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dougal Maguire

Enjoy. In Split centre tonight off to Dubrovnik tomorrow
Careful now

galwayman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 10, 2018, 10:56:44 PM

Croatia 🇭🇷 Abu

We are in Okrug Gronji! Stunning place! Locals all in good spirits for tomorrow but saying it's a pretty 50/60 game
Would you recommend staying there over Trogir itself?
Considering it as we have an 18 month old.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: galwayman on July 10, 2018, 11:29:31 PM

Croatia 🇭🇷 Abu

So handy to Trogir, either a taxi 7 Euro or the boat taxis they have... it's an old town Trogir, marinas cobblestone streets, really nice, we are in a more beach type area though not sandy! With a young child either place would suit, if kid was older you'd be better at beach  area I'd say..

Capt Pat

Going on that display England wouldn't score against the French from open play in a month of sundays. Set pieces are a different matter but they kept out the big Belgians easily enough. The English ploy of lining up 4 in a row in the middle of the penalty area has been seen enough now and will be prepared for by the French. Where are the goals going to come from for England?

England will have to answer the same questions against Croatia first.

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 10, 2018, 11:39:35 PM

Croatia 🇭🇷 Abu

So handy to Trogir, either a taxi 7 Euro or the boat taxis they have... it's an old town Trogir, marinas cobblestone streets, really nice, we are in a more beach type area though not sandy! With a young child either place would suit, if kid was older you'd be better at beach  area I'd say..
What's the wine like?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Insane Bolt

Quote from: bennydorano on July 10, 2018, 10:06:20 PM
France are a solid, dour enough outfit, the speed and skill of Mbapbe & Greizmann playing off two rows of parked buses (& whatever Giroud does🤡) is effective tho.

I think England will beat Croatia pretty comfortably tbh but they'll not be fit for France.

Solid and dour.....you are sounding more like Piers Morgan😂 England have had a lucky ride to the semi final.....not their fault, but they have no creativity and rely on the odd set piece to score. It would be a travesty if they were to get to final.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on July 11, 2018, 07:41:05 AM

Croatia 🇭🇷 Abu

What's the wine like?

Got a litre bottle of the local stuff, very nice indeed, 15 Kuna

galwayman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 11, 2018, 08:17:21 AM

Croatia 🇭🇷 Abu

What's the wine like?

There is a lovely Croatian Sauvignon Blanc called Galic if you like white wine.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: galwayman on July 11, 2018, 08:33:41 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 11, 2018, 08:17:21 AM

Croatia 🇭🇷 Abu

What's the wine like?

There is a lovely Croatian Sauvignon Blanc called Galic if you like white wine.

Cheers, not for me but the wife was struggling for good a Sauvignon blanc ! Had few local beers last night! Felt it this morning when I went for a run!