The Official World Cup 2018 Thread

Started by Ball Hopper, November 16, 2017, 05:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

The Jules Rimet? You're a bit late for that :)

Hardy

I don't follow soccer but saw both Croatia and England play. 3-1 to Croatia available at 50/1 on Betfair. Seems attractive.

seafoid

Quote from: Hardy on July 10, 2018, 12:09:00 PM
I don't follow soccer but saw both Croatia and England play. 3-1 to Croatia available at 50/1 on Betfair. Seems attractive.
Predicting scores is very hard as the Pronocontest shows
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Solo_run

Paddy Power

England 2 Croatia 1

Sterling to score

40/1

Kurtz

That Croatian defender Vida is in trouble again
after getting a warning yesterday a second video has emerged

imtommygunn

Quote from: Solo_run on July 10, 2018, 02:06:07 PM
Paddy Power

England 2 Croatia 1

Sterling to score

40/1

I wouldn't be rushing to put money on sterling scoring. His confidence is incredibly low. Dunno if it is the media's pick on him or not.

(Sterling sure to score now...)

charlieTully

Quote from: Kurtz on July 09, 2018, 01:57:01 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on July 09, 2018, 01:52:36 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 09, 2018, 01:26:02 PM
I think Croatia are too nervous. England have a great chance.
England have greater confidence in their identity as a nation which belongs among the world's elite.

I hear there is a party at Charlie Tully's house if England win  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
free booze

Your on. Syfurus can't come. Don't like him.
https://www.facebook.com/1146451845485869/videos/1294719990659053/

Mayo4Sam

The way George Hamilton is pronouncing Chadli in a French accent is exceptionally annoying
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Captain Obvious

Mick Jagger seeking a bit of satisfaction as he watches on.

thewobbler

Quote from: Main Street on July 10, 2018, 11:34:37 AM
I fancy France for the Jules Rimet, I thought they were the most impressive of the 1/4 final winners, with world cup pedigree coming to the fore in the way they controlled  that 2nd half v Uruguay. At Euro 2016 they peaked in the semis, had only 2 full days rest before the final where they were flat. Deschamps  and the team look more settled this time.

9 times out of ten I'd take this Croatia team to beat England but WC competition circumstances are such that the odds have evened out for both teams. Probably England will try to close out space that Modric operates in but Croatia can also offer threat from their two excellent wingers. I'll go for  battle hardened Croatia over England who stumbled through their only real test v Columbia. 
Modric v Pirlo? who would come out on top as the classier midfielder?

Okay, stop.

Croatia needed penalties to beat Russia and to beat Denmark.

What is it they've done that would make them beat England 9 times out of 10?  And ffs the only time England ever lose a game is in championship finals, so surely that's the 1 time to back against them?

imtommygunn

Surely France have a better striker available than Giroud?

stiffler

Lukaku misses some chances for a premium price striker.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

yellowcard

De Bruyne has had a woeful World Cup, looks a different player when he plays with Man City.

straightred

Quote from: thewobbler on July 10, 2018, 08:26:15 PM
Quote from: Main Street on July 10, 2018, 11:34:37 AM
I fancy France for the Jules Rimet, I thought they were the most impressive of the 1/4 final winners, with world cup pedigree coming to the fore in the way they controlled  that 2nd half v Uruguay. At Euro 2016 they peaked in the semis, had only 2 full days rest before the final where they were flat. Deschamps  and the team look more settled this time.

9 times out of ten I'd take this Croatia team to beat England but WC competition circumstances are such that the odds have evened out for both teams. Probably England will try to close out space that Modric operates in but Croatia can also offer threat from their two excellent wingers. I'll go for  battle hardened Croatia over England who stumbled through their only real test v Columbia. 
Modric v Pirlo? who would come out on top as the classier midfielder?

Okay, stop.

Croatia needed penalties to beat Russia and to beat Denmark.

What is it they've done that would make them beat England 9 times out of 10?  And ffs the only time England ever lose a game is in championship finals, so surely that's the 1 time to back against them?

And what have england done to say they can't. Beat columbia minus their best player ? They beat an average sweden team - that's all. Croatia have much more class in their ranks - can they make it count though

thewobbler

I'm not trying to tell you England are a good side.

I'm telling you that any side that can't beat either Denmark or Russia over 120 minutes really be cant described as classy or exceptional. Jon Walters would be guaranteed a start up front for Russia or Denmark ffs.