CONNACHT FINAL ROS v SLIGO 18th July 2010

Started by Rossfan, June 28, 2010, 08:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

We await outcome of  the replay in Markievicz to know who will be our opponents.
Meanwhile Leitrim attempt to win a Qualifier game while NY, London  and Mayowestros await the 2011Championship. I know I shouldnt but  ;D :D :) ;) :D ;D
I suppose we'd better turn  up for the final and get this year's drubbing out of the way. :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ross4life

I wouldn't bet against another draw next weekend so we could be while waiting, regardless if we get a good beating or not i think we have achieved what we set out to do (win two championship games & make the final) & it's great to be involved in a final for the first time since 2004 & the added bonus of another game in late July  :o which should be a great experience for all the young lads

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Farrandeelin

Rossfan brings his hatred for Mayo to another thread yet again.  :-*
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

Just noting the fact thet ye're not in it this year  ::)
Hopefully Ross4life we can give a good account of ourselves in the Final and the next game and the experience will bring on the likes of Domo,Ormsby,Keenan,Donie,O'Gara,Garvey and Higgins who can only get better by playing these kind of games.
You'd also hope that Claffey,Seanie Mac, Rogers, Finneran,Purcell,Cregger who have never played in a CF will also learn from it while the oul heads like Casey and Mannion will keep it all calm and relaxed on the day.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shrewdness

I'd rather wait until we know our opponents before discussing this game.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Well lets get it started.

How often do we get a Roscommon V Sligo Connacht Final.

Will it be red hot favourates Sligo, or will Roscommon call on tradition to swat them aside.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Santino

This is one of the best years for the underdog i can remember in a long long time!  Congrats to Sligo taking out the big guns!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

ross4life

Will Galway bate Mayo not this year......

After Sligo knocking out the kings of connacht do we stand any chance? sure we may as well turn up anyways

P.S anywhere but Mchale park for the Final it's your choice Sligo choose wisely  :P

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Cosmo Kramer

Would Marky Park not be big enough for this one? I'm sure Sligo would love to host a final there, this may be their chance?

Congrats on the win today by the way, it was easily deserved over the two games.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

Turlough O Carolan

Hopefully Páirc Markiewicz. Had Sligo won in Salthill last weekend they might have opted to bring it there. If Connacht Council won't allow Markiewicz, Castlebar will surely come into the reckoning then.

ross4life

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

The wide open spaces of McHale Park must suit Sligo. I reckon there will be a big crowd and Castlebar the finest Stadium in Connacht.

ross4life

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 03, 2010, 08:35:02 PM
The wide open spaces of McHale Park must suit Sligo. I reckon there will be a big crowd and Castlebar the finest Stadium in Connacht.

military style press box, blue & yellow seats hardly made it any better than salthill? & both Stadiums are a nightmare to get out of, Roscommon in a Connacht final at any grade guarantees a BIG crowd

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: ross4life on July 03, 2010, 08:58:40 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 03, 2010, 08:35:02 PM

military style press box, blue & yellow seats hardly made it any better than salthill? & both Stadiums are a nightmare to get out of, Roscommon in a Connacht final at any grade guarantees a BIG crowd

Military style press box!!!!!!

Salthill is a rubbish stadium because of the crosswinds that come from the Galway Bay Corner up the hill and diagonaly across the pitch.