Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser soze

Lots of complaints about Martial and Rashford not getting enough playing time. Can any of you tell what big club would have Martial and Rashford as their main men?

nrico2006

Quote from: Keyser soze on June 14, 2018, 10:13:27 AM
Lots of complaints about Martial and Rashford not getting enough playing time. Can any of you tell what big club would have Martial and Rashford as their main men?

Rashford has played enough for his age, but Martial was flying until January and Sanchez was preferred over him yet had 20 terrible games in a row.  Martial gets the odd sub appearance and if he didn't set the world alight he was publicly criticized and benched for 4/5 games.  Double standards.  Martial and Rashford are strikers at the end of the day and don't get a look in in their preferred position.  We are judging them in positions that aren't their own.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Maroon Manc

I don't agree Martial was flying before Sanchez arrived, he had an outstanding 1st season but has replicated that form since.

Its easy to blame Mourinho but Martial has literally downed tools in plenty of games and looked so disinterested.

Anyway United won't get rid unless they get a quality replacement.

NAG1

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 14, 2018, 11:20:19 AM
I don't agree Martial was flying before Sanchez arrived, he had an outstanding 1st season but has replicated that form since.

Its easy to blame Mourinho but Martial has literally downed tools in plenty of games and looked so disinterested.

Anyway United won't get rid unless they get a quality replacement.

Agree MM

I have said on here before not sure if it is his personality or just his frenchness, but he can look so uninterested at times. It could be just the way he is, but would love to see him really fired up to see what is really in him.

Not sure if that will happen under JM or at OT but I believe it is in him somewhere. Cant see any significant squad members leaving without replacements being lined up either.

Keyser soze

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 14, 2018, 10:33:55 AM

Rashford has played enough for his age, but Martial was flying until January and Sanchez was preferred over him yet had 20 terrible games in a row.  Martial gets the odd sub appearance and if he didn't set the world alight he was publicly criticized and benched for 4/5 games.  Double standards.  Martial and Rashford are strikers at the end of the day and don't get a look in in their preferred position.  We are judging them in positions that aren't their own.

I did ask the question what big clubs would have either in their best starting 11?  Barca, RM, PSG, Bayern, City, Liverpool.. don't think so.

Yeah I know Liverpool aren't a big club ... just put em in there for comedy value lol

NAG1

Quote from: Keyser soze on June 14, 2018, 11:42:42 AM

I did ask the question what big clubs would have either in their best starting 11?  Barca, RM, PSG, Bayern, City, Liverpool.. don't think so.

Yeah I know Liverpool aren't a big club ... just put em in there for comedy value lol

I think that is the point we are making, both are playing out of position, both want to be a number 9. Until they get the chance to prove that they are the real deal in that position they will not be attracting the top teams. So either that wait it out at United hoping to get that chance and play in the position they currently do, or they take the chance and move to a team who will give them that opportunity.

GJL

Quote from: Keyser soze on June 14, 2018, 11:42:42 AM

If either were playing under Klopp they would excel as his attacking style would suit them perfectly. 

magpie seanie

How many top clubs would have put Salah in their teams this time last year?

A good coach gets the best out of what talents he has at his disposal.....not buying players that fit his regimented way of doing things (which it's arguable is now obsolete).

Milltown Row2

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 14, 2018, 12:08:37 PM

A good coach gets the best out of what talents he has at his disposal.....not buying players that fit his regimented way of doing things (which it's arguable is now obsolete).

So attractive football with no silverware?  80's stuff from Man Utd then? Strike the balance then its a good mix, but Jose is no Fergie or Klopp, neither of which is available and I really can't see someone coming in that will be able to handle the Utd expectations to be honest
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

magpie seanie

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 14, 2018, 01:14:23 PM

So attractive football with no silverware?  80's stuff from Man Utd then? Strike the balance then its a good mix, but Jose is no Fergie or Klopp, neither of which is available and I really can't see someone coming in that will be able to handle the Utd expectations to be honest

Better than unattractive and no silverware unless we're suddenly getting all excited about the league cup and a competition that United should never be in.

United were good in the 80's at times but inconsistent and desperately unlucky with injuries....mainly to Robbo. Trouble is they were up against the Borg.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 14, 2018, 01:25:22 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 14, 2018, 01:14:23 PM

Better than unattractive and no silverware unless we're suddenly getting all excited about the league cup and a competition that United should never be in.

United were good in the 80's at times but inconsistent and desperately unlucky with injuries....mainly to Robbo. Trouble is they were up against the Borg.

Yes star studded team with flair but, the odd FA cup was the only prize!!

United needs stability and if that means trying to pick up the odd cup here and there then so be it, at the minute I can't see past City, United need to stretch the gap between 2nd and 3rd this season, get closer to City and be in with a shout (6 points) come Easter...

I don't see any flair managers available, a) willing to take on Utd, b) having the skills to deal with a big club
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

DuffleKing

Martial is not good enough to start for united - even on his best days, which I struggle to recall many of - he is not better than decent at the level United want to compete at. Solid squad player if he would apply himself but he won't because he drops his head at every obstacle. Good riddance and a perfect make weight in any deal for Bale would make sense though can't see Madrid being that soft.

Rashford is not a pile better except that his attitude is generally spot on. If he wasn't a local lad i'm not sure there'd be anything near as much support for him. At this stage of his development he is a back up striker / left sided attacker for any team challenging for a title. Hopefully by the time he's 25 he will be capable of leading the attack but i'm not convinced.

magpie seanie

Quote from: DuffleKing on June 14, 2018, 02:19:58 PM
Martial is not good enough to start for united - even on his best days, which I struggle to recall many of - he is not better than decent at the level United want to compete at. Solid squad player if he would apply himself but he won't because he drops his head at every obstacle. Good riddance and a perfect make weight in any deal for Bale would make sense though can't see Madrid being that soft.

Rashford is not a pile better except that his attitude is generally spot on. If he wasn't a local lad i'm not sure there'd be anything near as much support for him. At this stage of his development he is a back up striker / left sided attacker for any team challenging for a title. Hopefully by the time he's 25 he will be capable of leading the attack but i'm not convinced.

This time last year how did you rate Mo Salah?

Tell me who United should get to replace Martial and/or Rashford?

Insane Bolt

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 14, 2018, 04:32:32 PM

Jon Walters and Peter Crouch

DuffleKing

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 14, 2018, 04:32:32 PM

I already did in the post you replied to. Not sure why you think i'm advocating getting rid of Rashford - just that sulky French "give the ball away at every turn" merchant