Best score ever?

Started by befair, November 14, 2023, 12:00:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

befair

Beggan's point from play; crucial time of the game, 65 yds out, cleared the bar by yds. I've never seen a sweeter strike.
Don't think there was any breeze behind him.

SaffronSports

Not for me. Great score and looked so simple even from that distance but is it better than a score where someone is heavily under pressure and just manages to find a small gap or where a player beats a few players before scoring?

RedHand88

Niall Morgan v Kerry 2021 up there too, though not as crucial a time as Beggans.

mrdeeds

The answer to this question is always Damien Reilly for Cavan against Donegal. Look it up on YouTube.

trailer

Quote from: mrdeeds on November 14, 2023, 08:09:36 AMThe answer to this question is always Damien Reilly for Cavan against Donegal. Look it up on YouTube.

This?

Very ordinary if you ask me.

imtommygunn

Dreadnought

Came to say my clubman Damien O'Reilly v Donegal 1992, but glad it has been said already. Case closed

Saffron_sam20

Stephen O'Neills against Kildare (I Think) out on the line in the corner sells the dummy and swings it over, pure class.

tintin25

Beggan's was a good strike and he hit the sweetspot but there'd be plenty of other footballers capable of scoring from that range.  I'll go with Peter Canavan, think it was circa 95/96 and he caught the ball, fell to the crowd and got up again and kicked a mighty score - think it was in the Ulster Championship

blasmere

Brian Dooher point against Kerry in the AI Final, 2008.

A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

Armagh18

Cliffords probably had a few that are up there, Sean O'Shea and Rian O'Neills frees a couple of years ago were both class given the occasion. Connollys had a few as well. Maurice Fitzs sideline is iconic. Stephen O'Neills with the solo dummy was unreal see it mentioned already.

Beggans has got to be up there given how well he hit it and how effortlessly he makes it look. Mugsys goal vs Dublin got to be up there as well if we're including goals.

bennydorano

Maurice Fitzgerald sideline in Thurles 2001. Was watching it in Edinburgh on my stag.

Estimator

Eamonn Burns 1991 v Down
Athletic Grounds
Ulster League Champions 2009

trailer

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 14, 2023, 08:57:46 AMRian O'Neills frees a couple of years ago

I'm actually embarrassed for you. Take a day off.