Denn Forever

Bonp not a motivation speaker.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

johnnycool

Quote from: Rudi on February 23, 2020, 05:03:59 PM
Sexton & Murray had shockers.

Thanks lad's, it was great having you....
Time to give fresh legs a good go at it in the last two games.

With the amount of strapping on Sextons leg it's no wonder he's pulling his kicks.

Big Stockdale also had a mare and whilst England were dominant they're no great shakes either.

Hound

Quote from: johnnycool on February 24, 2020, 03:26:52 PM

With the amount of strapping on Sextons leg it's no wonder he's putting his kicks.

Big Stockdale also had a mare and whilst England were dominant they're no great shakes either.
It's a bit harsh lumping Sexton in with Murray. Sexton was very good against Scotland and Wales and poor against England. Murray was mediocre against Scotland, good against Wales and poor v England. And he's had countless poor performances in the last year. 8-8-4 vs 6-7-4 in terms of marks out of 10.

Time to go with Cooney and Sexton. And you're probably giving the kicking tee to Cooney.

Earls and Conway on the wings. Doris at 8 with Stander to 6. Leave POM off altogether for Italy to give Deegan a chance from the bench. Kilcoyne to start.

With Sexton though, I do think there'd be merit in both Leinster and Ireland turning him into a finisher. The last 20 minutes.

screenexile

Jones had to apologise for his "If it were a cricket match we could have declared at half time comment"

Madness he was 100% right!!

johnnycool

Quote from: Hound on February 24, 2020, 03:41:23 PM

With the amount of strapping on Sextons leg it's no wonder he's putting his kicks.

It's a bit harsh lumping Sexton in with Murray. Sexton was very good against Scotland and Wales and poor against England. Murray was mediocre against Scotland, good against Wales and poor v England. And he's had countless poor performances in the last year. 8-8-4 vs 6-7-4 in terms of marks out of 10.

Time to go with Cooney and Sexton. And you're probably giving the kicking tee to Cooney.

Earls and Conway on the wings. Doris at 8 with Stander to 6. Leave POM off altogether for Italy to give Deegan a chance from the bench. Kilcoyne to start.

With Sexton though, I do think there'd be merit in both Leinster and Ireland turning him into a finisher. The last 20 minutes.

This exactly but only if he can play without all that shíte on his leg.

I think it was madness making him captain as there's added pressure to start him.

GetOverTheBar

With the amount of strapping on Sextons leg it's no wonder he's pulling his kicks.

He's another who has went off a cliff too. Christ we had some serious players in serious form.....just in the wrong year  :'(

marty34

Rugby game V Italy is now off!!!

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: marty34 on February 25, 2020, 06:33:14 PM

Not officially....but Dept Health are recommending it is called off.

johnnycool

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 25, 2020, 07:22:30 PM
Quote from: marty34 on February 25, 2020, 06:33:14 PM

Not officially....but Dept Health are recommending it is called off.

Bad work not even informing the IRFU before that statement was put out.

Taylor

So we are still letting flights land from affected regions but are recommending calling of the game.

We really are a bunch of imbeciles in this country sometimes  :o

mouview

Quote from: Taylor on February 26, 2020, 08:59:11 AM
So we are still letting flights land from affected regions but are recommending calling of the game.

I'd say commercial and air travel is of a higher priority than a glorified challenge match somehow.

screenexile

Quote from: mouview on February 26, 2020, 09:26:41 AM

I'd say commercial and air travel is of a higher priority than a glorified challenge match somehow.

I think the point is why call off the match if you're still going to let a few thousand Italians into the country that weekend anyway??!!

And anyway isn't all sport just a glorified challenge match??

Taylor

Quote from: screenexile on February 26, 2020, 09:28:28 AM
Quote from: mouview on February 26, 2020, 09:26:41 AM

I think the point is why call off the match if you're still going to let a few thousand Italians into the country that weekend anyway??!!

And anyway isn't all sport just a glorified challenge match??

Exactly.

Doesnt make any sense no matter how you look at it