Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belfast GAA man

St Brides jusT can't get over the line in the minor with the final defeats mounting - Well done Cargin They must be doing serious work at Juveniles

Bronco

Take your own advice and if you don't like my comments on the game, ignore them. Instead of calling people bellends.

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 19, 2020, 06:43:33 PM
Quote from: Bronco on September 19, 2020, 06:41:37 PM
Agreed. I generally find Brendan quite positive and even-handed but that was shockingly biased from him today. The commentary wasn't helped by them talking over each other either.

Still it's a great service and these are small quibbles with an otherwise excellent initiative from Antrim. Thanks to all involved.

Quote from: Dunsilly King on September 19, 2020, 02:17:50 PM
The commentary in the minor game is so anti Cargin. Congratulations Cargin

Just turn it off, some bellends on here

Bronco

They didn't look to have the forwards. A few times they were in good positions and turned down a shot. Scoreline flattered them a bit I thought.

Scant consolation but three finals in a row is an acheivement in itself. The challenge is to get some of these boys to stay on right through to senior now.

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 19, 2020, 06:49:05 PM
St Brides jusT can't get over the line in the minor with the final defeats mounting - Well done Cargin They must be doing serious work at Juveniles

BigBallWeeBall

Quote from: Bronco on September 19, 2020, 06:54:03 PM
They didn't look to have the forwards. A few times they were in good positions and turned down a shot. Scoreline flattered them a bit I thought.

Scant consolation but three finals in a row is an acheivement in itself. The challenge is to get some of these boys to stay on right through to senior now.

St Brigids seem to choke in finals. 3 minor on the bounce and haven't played really well in these.

imtommygunn

They have won a couple of u21s have they not though?

BrendanAntrim

Agreed. I generally find Brendan quite positive and even-handed but that was shockingly biased from him today. The commentary wasn't helped by them talking over each other either.

Still it's a great service and these are small quibbles with an otherwise excellent initiative from Antrim. Thanks to all involved.

I think I was fair, acknowledging the great play from Cargin but without hiding that I wanted our lads to win. What do you expect?

BrendanAntrim

Going to say this again for the craic. St Brides is a primary school. St Brigids is a GAA club

Bronco

I have absolutely no problem with you wanting them to win but there were a few times I felt it crossed into blatantly misrepresenting what was happening on the pitch. Just my thoughts, please don't take them to heart. I know many people will not share my views. And as I said previously,thanks for providing your services,it is appreciated regardless of my views outlined above.

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on September 19, 2020, 08:15:46 PM

I think I was fair, acknowledging the great play from Cargin but without hiding that I wanted our lads to win. What do you expect?

Calm Down

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 19, 2020, 02:23:00 PM

Well maybe if you'd have stepped in and offered you're services then we'd have a unbiased commentary  ;)

Fair play to the lads and giving us the game.

On the game, so many poor decisions and bad handling.. some going at Cargin now

"Poor decisions" are you digging out one of your colleagues??

Sportacus

A good open minor final.  Congratulations to Cargin who were able to pick off their scores a little bit more efficiently although they were struggling in the past fifteen minutes.  St Brigid's must be kicking themselves- hit the crossbar, snatched at a good chance and ref turned down a score when the umpires couldn't agree.  Fair play to the lads commentating, calling it as they saw it, not hiding their true colours and giving a bit of background on the players which was good for the neutral. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Calm Down on September 19, 2020, 10:07:20 PM

Well maybe if you'd have stepped in and offered you're services then we'd have a unbiased commentary  ;)

Eh?

Poor decisions by the players !!

I didn't mention the ref
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Calm Down

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 19, 2020, 11:06:16 PM

Eh?

I didn't mention the ref

Apologies MR2, I was asking the question not making an accusation.

On that point do you think St Brigids were denied a stonewall penalty?

bannside

Well done Brendan  a sound and fair analysis...cant be easy when your club is involved. Getting to within a point of an excellent Cargin team is no mean feat in itself. Keep up the good work there in South Belfast its only a matter if time until that work pays off at senior level.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Calm Down on September 19, 2020, 11:16:31 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 19, 2020, 11:06:16 PM

Eh?

I didn't mention the ref

Apologies MR2, I was asking the question not making an accusation.

On that point do you think St Brigids were denied a stonewall penalty?

I only watched last ten minutes of first half and the second half, I didn't see penalty incident.

I seen plenty of St Brigids missing good opportunities to equalise, very wasteful when composure was needed. Lost a minor final myself, never forget a minute of that match, 32 years ago.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hoof Hearted

Can sympathise Milltown
Lost one 31 years ago
12 10
Still have sleepless nights about it
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012