The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

It's the agent as usual. Just told today that the agent has been pushing for a move for months. When that happens it's a done deal.

brokencrossbar1

I still think this is him working for a better deal.  I don't think Chelsea really have the money to buy him and luiz at the minute.  Until he makes a clear statement or the club do then this is just pub chat.  The journos who are reporting this knew nothing about the Suarez deal being confirmed so I would take it all with a pinch of salt.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 28, 2011, 10:08:37 PM
I still think this is him working for a better deal.  I don't think Chelsea really have the money to buy him and luiz at the minute.  Until he makes a clear statement or the club do then this is just pub chat.  The journos who are reporting this knew nothing about the Suarez deal being confirmed so I would take it all with a pinch of salt.

Luiz deal is dead according to BenficA
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

supersub

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on January 28, 2011, 10:03:24 PM
why the big surprise ? Player moves club for a bigger wage packet. what a shocker. wont sleep tonight. Cant believe it.

Yeh it's as simple as that....

Norf Tyrone

Sturridge is a decent wee footballer. Has never had the chance at Chelsea to be honest.

Maybe it's not the money. Maybe it's the chance to compete for the league, won trophies (Remember them  :D) play Champions league football regularly, etc etc.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 28, 2011, 10:41:03 PM
Sturridge is a decent wee footballer. Has never had the chance at Chelsea to be honest.

Maybe it's not the money. Maybe it's the chance to compete for the league, won trophies (Remember them  :D) play Champions league football regularly, etc etc.

I know you are sort of taking the piss a bit with the above..or maybe your not.
Either way I think if Torres goes he might look back with a tinge of regret in a few years.

Times they are a changing at Liverpool and I do believe things are going in the right direction and with the cancerous owners gone from the club and new owners in who seem to be genuine in their attempts to get Liverpool back the top of the table and with King Kenny getting the team playing better football and with more pride and passion I while admittedly biased do believe everything is set up for a golden period in Liverpool FC's history.(expect EC to reply to this with a dozen or so smileys)

Yes its gonna take a few years and maybe Torres knows this and doesn't want to wait around but and yes maybe I am naive in thinking a fooballer is in it for something else other than the money but I do believe Torres would rather be winning trophies with Liverpool than winning them with Chelsea.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

King Kenny

Jesus Laoislad,  treat us to a full stop or two.   :D

woy the clown

I'd be shocked if Torres goes to be honest, yes he was shit under woy, and probably pissed off with the way the club was run by bill & ben and the lack of investment in the team, but now the whole dynamic of the club is changing, woy is gone, bill & ben are gone, the debt is gone, new manager, new owners with actual money and willing to invest, and since the king has come back, his performanes have improved, to me it makes no sense for Torres to go, all that it is all the minute is his crazy agent & sky tv with there hi tec gizmo's making noises,the bid was rejected straight away with a not for sale statement, why would FSG spent 23mill on a strike partner and then sell torres when financially we don't have to, surly for Chelsea the time to strike was when woy was in charge and the price would have been lower, i like the way FSG do there business, they are very different to what we had before, everything they have said so far theyhave delivered, and one of the 1st things they said was that Torres was not for sale, I'll take there word over Sky tv

King Kenny

Pretty much agree with all of that laoislad.  Give the lad a new contract and lets get on with the business of getting back to the top.

Big Puff

where do pool fans see joe cole fitting into the future plans/formation?

King Kenny

It's impossible to guess at future team formations until we get a better idea of what's happening with Torres.

heganboy

Quote from: Big Puff on January 28, 2011, 11:14:18 PM
where do pool fans see joe cole fitting into the future plans/formation?

Hopefully doing a job for blackpool with Charlie Adam going the other way

I hate predictive text
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Minus15

This afternoon sky were reporting that Chelsea have had a bid and that Torres has asked Liverpool to consider the bid. Now they have changed it slightly to say that he has told liverpool he wants to leave in this window. For me and anyone else that has watched the last 5 games, Torres has shown he is comitted to Liverpool. Chelsea are not going to win the league this year. I really don't see why he would want to go there. All he has to do is see how the rest of the season goes and judge the direction of the club in the summer. If he wants to leave then so be it if we can get 50m for him but right now I expect him to stay. The club should be doing all they can to keep him because selling Torres sends a poor signal to the rest of the players and will take away the positive feel about the club at the minute. Rather, than focus on Torres, I would hope that the next few days we will be talking about more new signings rather than Torres leaving to Chelsea.

Minus15

Suppose I better take back all that I just said. Surprising but with not long left in the window will be interesting to see how this pans out. club very quick with an official statement and arent about to be bullied. Priority could now be to get the best deal possible. would like to see him go abroad.

J OGorman

request in, modern day footballers eh? a few of the older heads need to have a word, but it doesnt help when he's in Spain. But if he wants to leave, cheers and good luck (unless he signs for chelsea)