Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rubberneck

Championship games for this sunday coming will have to be moved now cuz of the replay, chance's are they'll be this friday or sat that'll play havock with the leagues too
All that's hot and sticky is not so sweet, enjoy the dream

bennydorano

Quote from: corn02 on July 19, 2008, 08:51:22 PM
By the sounds of it he should have sent the physio off. Too abandon a game with thye two teams in the changing room is unbelivable.

Benny, not being cheeky but any chance of a report, missed the game.
Corn, you may wait for Rufus's report.  I thought the Fella Peadar in MF was excellent for Dromintee, what is the story with Vincey Martin - only fit for the last 15?  A few years ago while an U21 county player I thought he was destined for very big things.  Yer man Ronan(dont know his surname) was good until going off injured.  COR's goal was the difference, knocked the stuffing out of us. 

The league table never lies, but if we got a full team out for the championship (with Peadar Toal, Jungle McKee, Simon Lennon, Liam McAuley-all injured at the minute) we should fear nobody - Cross probably a step too far but.

Uladh

topical enough - two men straight red carded in the donegal roscommon game today. everyone mystified as noone saw anything, including players apparently. referee admitted afterwards that he saw neither but that he acted on the instruction of his linesman in both cases. you guessed it.... step forward paudie hughes!

Onion Bag

Anyone got full club results for the weekend, and updated tables
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

corn02

Quote from: bennydorano on July 21, 2008, 12:51:58 AM
Quote from: corn02 on July 19, 2008, 08:51:22 PM
By the sounds of it he should have sent the physio off. Too abandon a game with thye two teams in the changing room is unbelivable.

Benny, not being cheeky but any chance of a report, missed the game.
Corn, you may wait for Rufus's report.  I thought the Fella Peadar in MF was excellent for Dromintee, what is the story with Vincey Martin - only fit for the last 15?  A few years ago while an U21 county player I thought he was destined for very big things.  Yer man Ronan(dont know his surname) was good until going off injured.  COR's goal was the difference, knocked the stuffing out of us. 

The league table never lies, but if we got a full team out for the championship (with Peadar Toal, Jungle McKee, Simon Lennon, Liam McAuley-all injured at the minute) we should fear nobody - Cross probably a step too far but.

I really can't work out who Peader is Benny, wasn't a boy called Wavin by any chance?  Vincey had flu' and probably shouldn't have played at all, I heard he done well though. Ronan is Ronan McCoy and he is playing well this year. Secod time in two yeears COR has saved us at Abbey Park.

On paper, Harps have probably the second best team in Armagh.

holylandsniper

O'Hare corn???

If it is a 16/17 year old lad who is showing great signs of becoming an outrstanding player for the future any time i seen him play at underage/U21 level in recent years, cant believe though he's made it to seniors ias that would have been his senior debut Friday night. From all accounts he'd a great game as did another minor player F Murphy at wing half back

Aghdavoyle

Yeah Paedar O'Hare Corn. still minor next year and was making his senior debut at midfield friday night.

nashville

I would like to see how a full strength harps team (something along the lines below) would do if Armagh were out in first round of Championship with no back-door i.e. May. A whole season together. Obviously this is fantasy stuff as injuries and suspensions or county duty will always happen, but its nice to dream, rather than face the harsh reality of Division 2...

W. McSorley
M. McConville. M. Gill. L. McAuley
Chucky. Vernon. Jungle.

McKinney. Holmes.

Mini. Nippy. Peadar.
Joe. Kelly. S. Lennon (3rd midfielder)

Then you are looking at a bench consisting of Kevin Daly (possibly a starter), Paddy Grimes, Marty McCoy, G. McDonagh, Ebby Toal, Ultan Lennon, Sean Morrison (probably a starter ahead of S. Lennon), Gareth Richards.. thats only the start of the subs... of course nearly every other team in Division 1 can boast a similarly/more impressive line-up/bench with every single player available, but still its nice to dream..

Would certainly put that team as favourites in a match against any other team in the county outside of Cross, Ogs and Dromintee.

nashville

Sorry just realised, I thought I was in the Harps thread, before someone tells me off.. :P

corn02

Yeah just found out it was Peader, 16 years old I believe? Was very good for the U21 this year, but some rise. Fair play

winsamsoon

Lads ffs catch a grip . I have never witnessed arrogance like it. We are talking about a team here that is in a strong position only to be relegated and nothing else. see this shite talk about "on paper" it means absolutely nothing. How can you say that on paper they are the second best team in armagh??? They are no where near it, if they meet dromintee in the championship their balls would shrink again and they would be beaten. They would also be beaten well by the ogs. There is a strong possibility that Mullagbawn,cullaville and the clans could beat the harps in a championship game and these results would certainly be no upset. They have won nothing in years (and not just the years the cross have dominated ) and yet they come on here as if they are the second best team in the county. A reality check has to be called for and i am champing at the bit for the next time the word arrogance is mentioned.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

nashville

Winsam I would like to point out the fact that I said reality is Division 2 and that I was dreaming when naming that team. I wouldn't call it arrogant, I even listed our full strength team behind Cross Ogs and Dromintee, so I havent said anything about us being the 2nd best team, if anything it was Corn a dromintee man! I think we would have the ability to beat Ogs and Dromintee but by no means could we be considered favourites, and simply said that against any other team in the county, the full team that i named would be favourites, i didnt even say they would beat them! e.g. In a championship match, I would call that Harps team favourites against Clans, im not saying they would beat them. I don't think there was anything arrogant about that post, I even stressed the fact that it was dreamland.

You said we havent won anything in years, years more than any club.. only 4 clubs have won the championship since we last won it.. 3 clubs have won it since Clans last won it.. hardly making great points there...

bennydorano

Wind yer neck in.  Who have we got to fear apart from Cross?  Dont see what harm there is in saying we'd give anyone a game with a full team, nothing arrogant about that.  We currently find ourselves in the same position that Clans and Ogs have both been in in recent years, we are not down yet either.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: winsamsoon on July 21, 2008, 05:16:53 PM
Lads ffs catch a grip . I have never witnessed arrogance like it. We are talking about a team here that is in a strong position only to be relegated and nothing else. see this shite talk about "on paper" it means absolutely nothing. How can you say that on paper they are the second best team in armagh??? They are no where near it, if they meet dromintee in the championship their balls would shrink again and they would be beaten. They would also be beaten well by the ogs. There is a strong possibility that Mullagbawn,cullaville and the clans could beat the harps in a championship game and these results would certainly be no upset. They have won nothing in years (and not just the years the cross have dominated ) and yet they come on here as if they are the second best team in the county. A reality check has to be called for and i am champing at the bit for the next time the word arrogance is mentioned.

:D

I think a reality check for yourself too horse - as has been pointed out already, Corn02 is a Dromintee man, and it was him who made the reference to Harps being the second best team on paper. So it's a Dromintee man being arrogant about the Harps?   :D

Quote from: winsamsoon on July 21, 2008, 05:16:53 PM
i am champing at the bit for the next time the word arrogance is mentioned.

Save the champing - it's likely that the word will be stupidity, not arrogance!

Have a nice day!  ::)

back off the net

i see that fool paudie hughes is up to his old tricks again getting 2 men sent off in the roscommon and dun gal game.the ref said he seen nothing and the players seen nothing but he had to go on paudie hughes word who was doing lines man.how long are the GAA and the armagh county board going to sit back and let this p***k make a mess off games.that is 2 games he has messed up within  a week the ogs and st pats game Friday night which he walked off the Field for almost nothing.he is on a power trip and will listen to know one only him self lets get rid off him