Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteYous weren't too disciplined when yous were taunting a man lying on the ground with a broken leg and dislocated ankle.

Unsubstantiated nonsense. I was at that game and saw or heard no taunting at all and I'm sure you were no closer to the pitch than I was.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

pintsofguinness

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 06, 2008, 09:26:08 PM
QuoteYous weren't too disciplined when yous were taunting a man lying on the ground with a broken leg and dislocated ankle.

Unsubstantiated nonsense. I was at that game and saw or heard no taunting at all and I'm sure you were no closer to the pitch than I was.

No, as I said at the time I heard nothing but people closer to the pitch than us did.

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Real1995

Nice guys always finish second!

corn02

Dromintee had a quite comfortable victory today, Maghery were pretty bad and only a fortunate goal kept them in close contact.

Shite match with the only highlight being the referee shouting when trying to tick one of our players:

'Hey, number 12, turn round.'

bennydorano

A rule I wasn't aware of until yesterday - Ciaran McKeever wasn't allowed to startthe game for Cullyhanna becuase he had played the full game the night before v Meath, but was allowed to come on as a sub.  Unsuprisingly, he did after about 5 mins.  Strange rule as is can be easily sidestepped ???

el_cuervo_fc

A good win for the Ogs yesterday against Mullaghbawn 2-10 to 1-5. 

illdecide

Clans beat by 3pts. Winning by a point in injury time when C Short got the ball and seen our keeper of his line and lobbed him with ease to put the Cross 2pts up then from the kickout they scored a point to wrap it up. Clans deserved at the very least a draw even the Cross men will agree to that but you don't always get what you deserve. Pleased with the perfermance (not the result) and hopefully can build on it for next sat night when we have a tough game away to St Pats.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

brokencrossbar1

illdecide, was that game down in Lurgan?  That must have been strange having to play Cross at home :P  What sort of team had our boys out, was it close to full strength?

Candyman

El Cuervo were you's at full strength yesterday, did JP feature????

illdecide

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 07, 2008, 09:39:32 AM
illdecide, was that game down in Lurgan?  That must have been strange having to play Cross at home :P  What sort of team had our boys out, was it close to full strength?

BC in fairness both teams were far from their strongest i think both were down about 5-6 regulars each but an entertaining game nonetheless. Yes it was in Davitt Park which was very soft and just about playable...(Hearty and the 2 Kernans, Murtagh suspended and John Mac missing, there may well have been 1 or 2 more but that was the names i noticed missing)

IMO Bumpy was MOM.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

winsamsoon

was at Davitt yes Broken, and the Cross were missing about 6 or 7 to be honest. Our lads were missing about 4 or 5 so there was a lot of young lads playing for both sides and it has to be said they all did pretty well.I t was a decent game for the start of the season and happy to inform there was no dirt in it whatsoever. Even Donaldson behaved himself  ;) :D
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

IVEDECIDED

I was at the game in Lurgan yesterday as I always said I was going to go. I dont for one minute buy into the fact that Cross were understrength. For one thing the Cross men on this very site consistently boast about how many players they have on county u21 and minor squads and how many they should have on the county senior panel so therfore whatever 15 they play on a sunday cannot be siad to be 'weak' in any way. The 2 Kernans, mac Namee and Mutagh were noticable absentees - agreed, but Mc Conville, Bellew, bus face Donaldson, Tony Mac etc were there and played the whole game. I didnt notice too many significant players missing from the Clans team - maybe the players your referring to are merely squad members however I heard on the 'hill' that there were 2 weddings on Sat that involved around 12 of the Clans team which no doubt is not ideal preparation for a game on a Sunday. On the Whole I thought the Clans shaded it slightly but were hit by a sucker punch in injury time which Short took really well. A good game of football and hopefully a sign of things to come in the summer.

Goats Do Shave

So the Cross team would not be stronger with those absentee's?  ::)