Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onion Bag

Any Team named yet for the Dublin game yet?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Onion Bag

Sorry Lads, should posted that on the Armagh v Dorty Dubs page! ;)

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteNo just a general wonderment, I was flicking through the Down book recently. Shame Armagh have nothing similar.

Think I remember being given soemthing like a yearbook for Christmas in 2002. Mighta just been a celebratory edition for winning the All Ireland though.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Legs11

Quote from: winsamsoon on March 26, 2008, 01:23:14 PM
I don't think JD ws the best player on show i though Aaron Kernan was actually the best on show that day. BRoken there is a difference in "Rough" players and dirty hallions. That man Donaldson is a danger on the field. He is hitting on the ball and off the ball and i am surprised he hasn't broke someone jaw or worse. Goh you also failed to mention that MC Geown was hanging out of diarmuid like a Jockey on a horse and the ref was giving him no protection at all, So when the ref ain't giving you it you must protect yourself. Also Murtagh threw a sneeky dig at marsden when he went out to get the ball for a sideline kick but then again Murtagh was another hallion. The best craic of the day though was when the Cullyhanna lads were arriving the Silverbridge lads were standing at the clubhouse and a well known Cullyhanna lad roared "theres those Silverbridge gypsies" Brought back all the old arguments from the board. :D :D :D
was beside the cullyhanna boys and i never heard a thing so think ur makin things up am sure

corn02

Courtney out , McGrane in, otherwise same as.

under the bar

I see Armagh are currently 25/1 for Sam.   Any of you lads having a punt at this?    Got to be value since it's basically the same core team as were 10/1 last year and since you now have a manager who's tactically astutue & not afraid to make changes, I might just have £10 e/w on it. 

Uladh

You never came back to us with your bankruptcy candidate UTB?

doire na raithe

must have been rubbish.

Can someone please clarify this reserve/b league situation? Someone who actually knows what they're talking about, seems to be alot of nonsense and conflicting accounts on this thread.

under the bar

QuoteYou never came back to us with your bankruptcy candidate UTB?

To name him on a public forum would be tantamount to libel, however I've since spoken a businessman who was asked if he would purchase some of his properties to help bail him out, so it seems to be true.

doire na raithe

Internet libel is very uncertain ground. You wouldn't be guilty of libel anyway, the publisher would i.e. the board. Give us some clues?

Onion Bag

UTB, at least tell us what era this guy played in, was it recently or was it long time ago when men were men,

doire na raithe

...women were men and sheep were nervous.

winsamsoon

Legs if you were standing beside te cullyhanna lads then you would have seen the clans guys stading with the silverbridge team???? It would serve me no favours to make something like this up. I heard it, you didn't but this doesn't mean it didn't happen. Like the incident the ref doesn't see but the crowd do, point being it still happened .
On the yearbook i also got one of them in 2002 but like yourself i think it was only for the All Ireland .
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

AFS

Quote from: under the bar on March 28, 2008, 08:59:35 AM
I see Armagh are currently 25/1 for Sam.   Any of you lads having a punt at this?    Got to be value since it's basically the same core team as were 10/1 last year and since you now have a manager who's tactically astutue & not afraid to make changes, I might just have £10 e/w on it. 

Taking the piss? I'm all for giving him a chance but McDonnell still has a lot to prove on those issues.

corn02

What got up your hole Exile? I was saying Shame because I don't recall having one apart from the All-Ireland one. If there was one, I hadn't seen it, which means it wasn't about too much. There will be one next year, it is to be raised at the next county meeting.