Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

The most bizarre incident happened about 15 minutes into the first half or less.  As fhe game was stopped for a Maghery free around the right corner forward position, Maghery's wing half forward walked off the field - subbed as everyone on the line thought,but he wasn't limping/ visibibly injured. and didn't look annoyed in the slightest to be called ashore so early.
The Maghery number 18 jogged on, and straight down to hit the free, with his left, straight over the bar!

Then off the field he jogs, to high-fives all round, while the still-non-plussed half forward returns to his place on the park!
:o
was stanfield playing?

cruppen will be delighted with a draw. 

Maybe dromintee realise now they can beat cross?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

stew

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 19, 2007, 08:20:31 PM
The most bizarre incident happened about 15 minutes into the first half or less.  As fhe game was stopped for a Maghery free around the right corner forward position, Maghery's wing half forward walked off the field - subbed as everyone on the line thought,but he wasn't limping/ visibibly injured. and didn't look annoyed in the slightest to be called ashore so early.
The Maghery number 18 jogged on, and straight down to hit the free, with his left, straight over the bar!

Then off the field he jogs, to high-fives all round, while the still-non-plussed half forward returns to his place on the park!
:o
was stanfield playing?

cruppen will be delighted with a draw. 

Maybe dromintee realise now they can beat cross?

Don't think so pint, I  think they will feel they can play with them but they have not proven they can beat them and will need to get off to a better start the next day.

Cross will take them again I am afraid.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ardasell

Yes, Stanno and Stevie were all we had up front first half, and he made a few vital contributions near then end.  we went 10 - 6 down after the sending off, then came back to 10 each, and had the beating of them at that stage as they completely shit it, but we lost our composure in the last 10 minutes, took 4 or 5 wrong options, and the rest is history for another year.

pintsofguinness

ardasell

thankfully I didn't come on here looking for sympathy, and certainly not from a Bridge man.  Were we not supposed to play Stansfield then? Didn't get that memo.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: ardasell on August 19, 2007, 08:32:55 PM
thankfully I didn't come on here looking for sympathy, and certainly not from a Bridge man.  Were we not supposed to play Stansfield then? Didn't get that memo.
If a player gets a straight red he's banned, didn't yous get that memo either?

Armagh Exile

Crossmaglen & Dromintee - A Draw

ardasell

Funny how he was playing then.  Surely he would not have gotten away with playing while suspended.  you would think, just maybe, he didn't get a straight red after all.  And if he didn't, should we not have played him anyway, in case it annoyed you.

pintsofguinness

Well it helps with a ref puts in a report that suits yous.

Did he not get a straight red a few weeks ago?  Funny that people seen him getting it. 

Smokin Joe

Dromintee were the better team and definitely didn't deserve to lose, even though it took a really soft free from Jimmy McKee to level it at the death.

Gareth O'Neill and Dyas ran the 2nd half.  Cross had no midfield, and I was mystified as to where Tony Mac was playing,  I thought he would have been better employed at centre field.
Cross showed amazing accuracy on the first half when they raced off to an 8-1 lead, but their lack of ball possession almost told in the end.

Sidelined

Cross v Dromintee replay on the same time as Kerry v Dublin ::) Interesting to see if the bumper crowd will be out again.

Sidelined

5-Times wrote: Holy Fcuk, how did they manage to come back from 6 points down?
Answer: By scoring 6.
Anyone see Maghery's equalising point? The keeper had a ball in his hand when a back kicked out another ball and it ended up over the bar. Does this include 2 balls in play?

Louis the Red

Left straight after the game tonight.  Does anyone know if the draw for the semis was made?

corn02

From what I hear Killeavy were lucky to have even 14 on the field.

Just back from the Bridge. 8-1 down your thinking no way back. the 3 scores before half time were crucial. Half time 8  - 4.

Second half was even until an Gaughran goal levelled. Dromintee went one up then Cross replied with two scores to seemingly win it. Dromintee scored a 14 yard free with last kick of game. Was it a free? Fort me yes. Three men surrounding the player dragging him, alot of refs would of called over carrying but for me I think he correctly gave the free in.

Hard hitting game, no real dirt at all. Entertaining stuff.

Uladh

entertaining football in the bridge tonight. some great score taking and a phenomenal second half from dromintee. to come back from 8-1 down against the all ireland club champions to take the lead with minutes to go took guts and true to form the rangers showed their charachter again. delighted it was a draw to see them go at it again.

Gaughran had the winning of the game when dromintee went one up (in no small part due to himself). he cut in from the left with a man hanging out of him and had martin o'rourke steam off his shoulder but swung a tired right boot at it.

credit both teams.

p.s. the bridge is an awful pitch. massive hill and very very narrow.

Quote from: 5iveTimes on August 19, 2007, 07:13:01 PM
Big crowd out at Silverbridge to watch Dromintee get their annual beating by Cross.

ever the football sage 5times