Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saran Man

Minor Championship and Junior Championship.

Anyone have any results from tonights game in the minor championship or from clady mullabrack game?
Tullysaran beat Ballyhegan in minor championship

Ta very much

diesel-smuggler

cruppen beat pearse ogs in the minor championship tonight on a scoreline of 2-10 to 1-6

Rufus T Firefly

We got scalped by Cross I'm afraid - heavy defeat!

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Saran Man on July 23, 2007, 11:05:45 PM
Minor Championship and Junior Championship.

Anyone have any results from tonights game in the minor championship or from clady mullabrack game?
Tullysaran beat Ballyhegan in minor championship

Ta very much

Clady beat the 'brack by 5 points i'm told.

How much did the 'saran win by?

Hank Everlast

Tullysaran won by a rite bit..... think it was something around 3.11 to 5.  It was a very one sided match with a half time scoreline of 1.7 to 0.1.

Any other minor results?

illdecide

HEARD CLANN EIREANN BEAT KEADY (MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP) HANY ENOUGH (WASN'T AT IT)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

bennydorano

Cross stuffed the Harps, very poor show.

Candyman

was the harps return only 3 points benny???? the cross factor must have made them cream themselves...

tintin25

Yo. Anybody tell me how Silverbridge are getting on this weather. We played them in a challenge a few weeks ago and thought they looked pretty decent. Plenty of pace in the forwards. They have any County lads in minor, u21, senior?

full back

Last Night's Results

Armagh Junior Football Championship semi-final
Clady 0-13; Mullaghbrack 0-8

Armagh Minor Football Championship – 2nd Round
Crossmaglen 4-16; Harps 0-3
Granemore 4-10; St John's 0-8
Clann Eireann 4-8; Keady 0-7
Maghery 1-6; St Patrick's 3-9
Carrickcruppen 2-10; Pearse Og 1-6
Ballyhegan 0-5; Tullysaran 3-14
Oliver Plunkett's 3-11; Killeavey 0-7
Madden 2-7; Shane O'Neill's 1-7

anportmorforjfc

an portmor beat pearse og aet by 6 points in b league last night

Uladh

Quote from: full back on July 24, 2007, 11:36:08 AM
Last Night's Results

Armagh Junior Football Championship semi-final
Clady 0-13; Mullaghbrack 0-8

Armagh Minor Football Championship – 2nd Round
Crossmaglen 4-16; Harps 0-3
Granemore 4-10; St John's 0-8
Clann Eireann 4-8; Keady 0-7
Maghery 1-6; St Patrick's 3-9
Carrickcruppen 2-10; Pearse Og 1-6
Ballyhegan 0-5; Tullysaran 3-14
Oliver Plunkett's 3-11; Killeavey 0-7
Madden 2-7; Shane O'Neill's 1-7

That is some beating. i'm assuming harps minors are probably of a decent standard too. are tullysarran the only realistic competition for cross for the minor championship?

Cross' dominance is almost complete at this stage every level. they will surely walk the u21 championship too given most of their 2006 team will still be eligible.

Going on the (limited) amount of club football i've seen this year, there is no hope of anyone taking the cross seniors out either and looking at the progression of their underage domination it's only going to get more difficult at senior level for someone to beat them.

full back

Blackwatertown
Between Armagh & Moy

bennydorano

Quote from: Candyman on July 24, 2007, 10:41:43 AM
was the harps return only 3 points benny???? the cross factor must have made them cream themselves...

They were beaten by the sight of the jersey, for a team that showed so much fight when beating the Ogs in the Mick Higgins final it was very disappointing, no belief whatsoever.  To be fair at the start of the year very little was expected of them.

The Cross team is nowhere near as strong as the past couple of years either, I'd go as far as to say it's a poor minor standard this year.  Tullysaran probably are the only realistic challengers to Cross, although 'Cruppen's defeat of the Ogs would suggest they should be decent.  For the Tullysaran boys, everything went through the CHF (Jamie Clarke?), the FF was very dangerous, MF was middling enough, very nippy wing half forwards.  Unfortunately our forwards didn't test their defence to any extent.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: tintin25 on July 24, 2007, 10:49:49 AM
Yo. Anybody tell me how Silverbridge are getting on this weather. We played them in a challenge a few weeks ago and thought they looked pretty decent. Plenty of pace in the forwards. They have any County lads in minor, u21, senior?
Out of the championship the first round, towards the top of the division two.  No county players this year though two of team where county minors last year and the Keeper was County under 21 panelist last year. 
Getting on very well, all things considered.
Most of my posts on this thread are about them...
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?