12 Week Ban For Geezer

Started by Taylor, April 25, 2017, 10:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erwin Rommel

Quote from: Itchy on May 20, 2017, 12:45:33 AM
Quote from: Erwin Rommel on May 20, 2017, 12:34:51 AM
Quote from: Itchy on May 19, 2017, 12:29:30 PM
He is a great man. He is innocent but never breathed a word in defense of himself. Maybe it is more likely that he is guilty as charged.

Why are you still here? You mentioned a while back about people defending McGHeeney was no skin of your nose which come across that you didn't care but your still here. Have you some sort of personality disorder we don't know about?

Why are you still here asks man who is still here.

Schizophrenic?

Itchy

Quote from: Erwin Rommel on May 20, 2017, 11:24:06 AM
Quote from: Itchy on May 20, 2017, 12:45:33 AM
Quote from: Erwin Rommel on May 20, 2017, 12:34:51 AM
Quote from: Itchy on May 19, 2017, 12:29:30 PM
He is a great man. He is innocent but never breathed a word in defense of himself. Maybe it is more likely that he is guilty as charged.

Why are you still here? You mentioned a while back about people defending McGHeeney was no skin of your nose which come across that you didn't care but your still here. Have you some sort of personality disorder we don't know about?

Why are you still here asks man who is still here.

Schizophrenic?

Who McGeeney? I don't think so. An aggressive bully though is more likely.

Erwin Rommel

Quote from: Itchy on May 20, 2017, 02:59:21 PM
Quote from: Erwin Rommel on May 20, 2017, 12:13:34 PM
Quote from: Itchy on May 20, 2017, 11:59:17 AM
Who McGeeney?

No, you.

Don't think we are.

Maybe your just squeamish then petal, I mean all those slappings Armagh would have given Cavan in Big Bad Geezer's times wouldn't have made you that hysterical surely.

Itchy

Quote from: Erwin Rommel on May 20, 2017, 04:05:25 PM
Quote from: Itchy on May 20, 2017, 02:59:21 PM
Quote from: Erwin Rommel on May 20, 2017, 12:13:34 PM
Quote from: Itchy on May 20, 2017, 11:59:17 AM
Who McGeeney?

No, you.

Don't think we are.

Maybe your just squeamish then petal, I mean all those slappings Armagh would have given Cavan in Big Bad Geezer's times wouldn't have made you that hysterical surely.

A bit like cavan, Armaghs glory years are well behind them. But at least when we were on top we got a few all Ireland's and 39 Ulster's. I only recall losing one champ game to Armagh when playing McGeeney, players 70 mins with 14 players after Francis Bellew dived like a big girl.

Erwin Rommel

Quote from: Itchy on May 20, 2017, 04:26:05 PM
A bit like cavan, Armaghs glory years are well behind them. But at least when we were on top we got a few all Ireland's and 39 Ulster's. I only recall losing one champ game to Armagh when playing McGeeney, players 70 mins with 14 players after Francis Bellew dived like a big girl.

Eureka!!  LOL!   ;D  That's what it was!! Ha ha!!

Sure times a great healer - twenty years from now there wont be a word about it!!   ;D

Itchy

Quote from: Erwin Rommel on May 20, 2017, 04:37:23 PM
Quote from: Itchy on May 20, 2017, 04:26:05 PM

Eureka!!  LOL!   ;D  That's what it was!! Ha ha!!

Sure times a great healer - twenty years from now there wont be a word about it!!   ;D

Yes that right you have uncovered the truth, I should never have thought I could evade a genius like you. I admit it now, I have a hatred for McGeeney because Francis Bellew dived and got Pearce McKenna sent off in 2004.

Erwin Rommel

Quote from: Itchy on May 20, 2017, 05:08:18 PM
Yes that right you have uncovered the truth, I should never have thought I could evade a genius like you. I admit it now, I have a hatred for McGeeney because Francis Bellew dived and got Pearce McKenna sent off in 2004.

Of course not petal - it wasn't you - you're level headed - the previous post was your alter ego!! 

Brillaint!!   ;D 

Itchy

You remind me of Jamie Bryson, claiming victory when all else fails. Oh well whatever floats your boat.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Itchy on May 20, 2017, 05:41:33 PM
You remind me of Jamie Bryson, claiming victory when all else fails. Oh well whatever floats your boat.

When all else fails
We can whip the horse's eyes
And make them sleep
And cry

Erwin Rommel

Quote from: Itchy on May 20, 2017, 05:41:33 PM

Victory!?!?!   ???

smelmoth

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 19, 2017, 09:56:59 AM
In my humble opinion if Geezer had said nothing then it would have been incumbent on the county board to make a statement to that effect, even if they were not appealing it. Something along the lines if Kieran maintains that he did nothing outside the rules of the game however for the benefit of the teams preparations and to avoid the obvious unnecessary media distraction then we will not be appealing the decision. Then keep shut till the game with no media interviews apart from local press me build up the omertà that would be akin to the way he operates and build the perfect siege mentality storm....them and us...southern bias etc etc. Would have world a dream. The silence from the Armagh camp would suggest to me that there is more than a grain of truth in what was said.

I think this is the position of most fans. People were getting excited at the time but as we get close to game time people seem to have moved on. There is a winnable game to be won

PAULD123

McGeeney clearly abused a refereeing official and I think he deserves a huge ban. I think that not because I am from Down and he's an Armagh legend but because I think anyone who has ever seen a rugby match will agree that that is how they do it and the way players conduct themselves to referees is vastly better.

However also in rugby the referees are respectful and co-operative with the players. And, most importantly, referees are assessed and held accountable for their displays.

Also (off-topic) I think we really need a rugby-style citing panel that reviews every tape and decides on punishments for infringements. Something consistent and organised not the current ad-hoc arrangements of trial by TV where Brolly decides if the CCC should review the tape.

Throw ball

I see Philly McMahon got a 1 match ban for abusing referee in league final.
Simple question?  If the referee did not deem the offense bad enough to send him off during game why is he subsequently banned?