The Official Gaelic (Irish) Translation Thread

Started by ziggysego, February 29, 2008, 04:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niall Quinn

Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: hardstation on February 29, 2008, 08:03:16 PM
A Whengereach, cad chuige a n-imrionn tú an phit sin Mac Giolla Bheartadh?

A Whengerigh, Hardstation. It's the vocative, after all. Tsk.  ;D

Gnevin

I just went here and picked the first 3 paragraphs , i don't know what is says

http://ga.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eire
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gnevin

And your spotting wind ups where their isn't any, I've asked tam to help translate if for me anyway cheer for nothing Hardstation
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gnevin

HowdyDoody

this might be a stupid question hard,but how do you get the fada on the keyboard

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: hardstation on February 29, 2008, 04:32:56 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on February 29, 2008, 04:11:36 PM
Is this Irish only or will you be translating to Scots Gaelic too?
Lamh Dhearg Alba will do this for you.

No bother but Ill be looking for 60p a word since I dont have any competition on this board ;)

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

It's a film production company.

Askew meaning crooked; awry.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Most people's mind work horizonally.... mine's works vertically.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

I'm a member of their official messageboard and I'm pimping my Irishness for St. Patrick's month.
Testing Accessibility

Square Ball

think this is the most appropraite thred for this:

Aifreann Gaeilge, Lá Fhéile Pádraig

Bredagh GAC is collaborating with An Droichead and have organised a Mass in the Irish Language in Good Shepherd/Holy Rosary Church on the Ormeau Road on Saturday 15th March at 1pm.

After Mass, for Massgoers, there will be a cup of tea and a music session in a meeting room adjoining the church.  If you're a musician, bring your instrument, if not, just bring yourself.

Beidh fáilte romhat

I diddnt do the Irish
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

The Biff

I tossed this idea out last year but it didn't really fly.  But this seems a good time and place to try again.

With all the criticism that "Ireland's Call" gets, why not translate it and sing it "As Gaeilge"?

I made a bad attempt at the Chorus but I'm sure someone here could come up with something which would still fit the rhythm and maybe even encourage some of the fans to puff out their chests another couple of inches.

At the risk of drawing howls of derision, here's my amateurish effort .....

"Éireann.  Éireann.
Le cheile seasaigí go hArd.
Gualainn cois gualainn,
Freagrionn Glaoch na hÉireann"
Never argue with a fool; He'll bring you down to his level and then beat you on experience.