Anyone else doing the double this weekend?

Started by T Fearon, August 10, 2007, 05:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Miraculously complimentaries have fallen into my lap (Lower Cusack central as well!) for the Dublin Derry game (not to mention Armagh V Roscommon in the Rackard Cup) tomorrow and for Sunday's Double header as well ;D

However due to a pre arranged social event which requires my presence I am unable to remain in Dublin overnight Saturday and must return home after the Dubs game and travel back down the next morning. Incurring such petrol costs, toll fees, parking, overpriced food etc, is there a more dedicated GAA man than me in all of Ireland?

nifan

Quoteis there a more dedicated GAA man than me in all of Ireland?

Maybe those guys who coach youth teams, officiate, promote etc

all may be a wee bit more dedicated than someone who as far as i can see enjoys boasting about how many free tickets he gets and how good the premium level is over anything else in the game

Norf Tyrone

QuoteMiraculously complimentaries have fallen into my lap (Lower Cusack central as well!) for the Dublin Derry game (not to mention Armagh V Roscommon in the Rackard Cup) tomorrow and for Sunday's Double header as well

Surely a dedicated GAA man like yerself Tone would head down early on Saturday morning for the minor match?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Square Ball

Tony

maybe a more decidated watcher of the game may not exist, but there are a hell of a lot of coaches/mentors/managers, supporters of their local teams who watch without fail, anything from under 10 football to seniors and in hurling as well who dont get the freebies as you, these IMHO are far, far more dedicated that you.

Oh please feel free to contradict me, and no doubt you will
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

T Fearon

I will be. Hopefully Derry and Armagh will not disappoint and cause me to have a fruitless journey like Tyrone did last week. I left Croke Park ashamed to be from Ulster last Saturday >:(

All the same 160 euros worth of free tickets ain't bad ;D

Evil Genius

Quote from: T Fearon on August 10, 2007, 05:40:12 PM
Incurring such petrol costs, toll fees, parking, overpriced food etc, is there a more dedicated GAA man than me in all of Ireland?

Fearon's Mastercard Bill for the weekend:

Tickets for the Games - Free

Petrol - €30.00

Toll Fees - €15.00

Parking - €25.00

Food - €1,000.00

Drinks bought for his mates - €0.00

Entertainment Value - Priceless

Credibility - Worthless

Boasting - Endless
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Square Ball

Quote from: Evil Genius on August 10, 2007, 06:12:59 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on August 10, 2007, 05:40:12 PM
Incurring such petrol costs, toll fees, parking, overpriced food etc, is there a more dedicated GAA man than me in all of Ireland?

Fearon's Mastercard Bill for the weekend:

Tickets for the Games - Free

Petrol - €30.00

Toll Fees - €15.00

Parking - €25.00

Food - €1,000.00

Drinks bought for his mates - €0.00

Entertainment Value - Priceless

Credibility - Worthless

Boasting - Endless

:o  :D Quality EG
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

inisceithleann

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

T Fearon

Boring and mindnumbingly predictable more like

The 1000 euro figure is more akin to the savings I've made this summer as Sunday will be my tenth Championship outing without parting with a cent/penny (stg) for admission ;D

My motto at the turnstiles is a bit like accessing my laptop

Enter
Save
Exit
Return ;D

bingobus

WHAT A w**ker.

Social event on Saturday night = Swingers party?

Balboa

Quote from: T Fearon on August 10, 2007, 05:53:01 PM
I will be. Hopefully Derry and Armagh will not disappoint and cause me to have a fruitless journey like Tyrone did last week. I left Croke Park ashamed to be from Ulster last Saturday >:(

I would say you hate those kind of journeys turkey balls

ExiledGael

Christ Fearon always thought you got a bit of a raw deal, maybe that's cos I'm a relative newcomer, but this thread is pathetic

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

dodo

john mcgill

Tony your letter in today's (Saturday's) Irish News made me burst out laughing.  Not the best thing to do with a mouthful of tea and toast.  I may not agree with all you say but I admire how you say it!