Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Dunsilly King on September 23, 2019, 12:08:36 PM
Quote from: bannside on September 22, 2019, 02:32:13 AM
I'd say Corrigan next Saturday but who knows. LD a seasoned team, a good outfit, well coached and know what theyre about....but we showed them far too much respect today, stood off them and allowed them to dictate the pace of the game. We played very average,  still scored 3 -10, but we are a much better team than what we showed today. If we bring our A game to the replay we can win this because tbh we wuz very middin today!

LD won that game about 4 times, how they lost it is a mystery. I can't even put it down to Casements Character as I thought it was LD thinking they had the job done. Casements will be very disappointed with their performance for sure, especially when you consider how they approached both St Johns games. On another note the ref was so poor. McKeevers catch that led to the gl, as obvious a foul as you will see, using your knee to fetch, planting it on a mans back for leverage is a foul foul foul every time. Fitzsimmons hit on McKeever, clear yellow. Mc Keever hadn't the ball, he had off loaded it. Such basics he totally unaware of.
St Galls V Cargin, a totally dominant display from Cargin. Only winning by five will be the question being asked. Grt to see Kevin O Boyle back playing again and hopefully back in an Antrim jersey. They looked v organised and physical. St Galls didn't turn up or weren't allowed to turn up. Hard to see where they go from here. There more senior players were not at the races. The ref did a good job, consistent and blew the tackles that were needed.

BTW when is the replay?

thursday in ahoghill 7.45
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on September 23, 2019, 01:34:39 PM
Quote from: Dunsilly King on September 23, 2019, 12:08:36 PM
Quote from: bannside on September 22, 2019, 02:32:13 AM
I'd say Corrigan next Saturday but who knows. LD a seasoned team, a good outfit, well coached and know what theyre about....but we showed them far too much respect today, stood off them and allowed them to dictate the pace of the game. We played very average,  still scored 3 -10, but we are a much better team than what we showed today. If we bring our A game to the replay we can win this because tbh we wuz very middin today!

LD won that game about 4 times, how they lost it is a mystery. I can't even put it down to Casements Character as I thought it was LD thinking they had the job done. Casements will be very disappointed with their performance for sure, especially when you consider how they approached both St Johns games. On another note the ref was so poor. McKeevers catch that led to the gl, as obvious a foul as you will see, using your knee to fetch, planting it on a mans back for leverage is a foul foul foul every time. Fitzsimmons hit on McKeever, clear yellow. Mc Keever hadn't the ball, he had off loaded it. Such basics he totally unaware of.
St Galls V Cargin, a totally dominant display from Cargin. Only winning by five will be the question being asked. Grt to see Kevin O Boyle back playing again and hopefully back in an Antrim jersey. They looked v organised and physical. St Galls didn't turn up or weren't allowed to turn up. Hard to see where they go from here. There more senior players were not at the races. The ref did a good job, consistent and blew the tackles that were needed.

BTW when is the replay?

thursday in ahoghill 7.45
that was the plan the last time PG1 drew then st johns complained and it went to Colaiste Feirste - what's different this time?

Calm Down

Hmmmmm the opposition is for a start

bannside

Neither Ahoghill or Colaiste Fierste!

paddyjohn

bannside

At this exact minute county website says Ahoghill 7.45pm. But that arrangement didnt stick last time so good chance it wont be there on Thursday. Thats my guess anyway.

BigBallWeeBall

No doubt the city clubs will continue to cry about playing consecutive games up the country.  I was hoping to see Colaiste Feirste as last reports were positive

bannside

Just do whatever is fair. As Memory Man correctly stated, there needs to be integrity in sport or its worthless.

bannside

Strong rumours floating around that LD want to take this to the Dub under lights.

Minder

Does Chris Kerr not play for St Galls anymore ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Minder on September 23, 2019, 10:07:20 PM

I think he's long term injured.

angermanagement

Quote from: Minder on September 23, 2019, 10:07:20 PM

Injured. I believe he done his cruciate. I thought it was a strange decision to bring back Gallagher.

Caesar

I am hearing rumours that the LD vs PG1 replay on Thursday has been switched to The Dub, despite having been announced only yesterday as being at Ahoghill?

Can anyone confirm? Another shambles if true.

Tyrdub

Confirmed Thursday 8pm, the Dub

bannside

Correct. Dub Pavillion - Throw In 8pm Thursday.