Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 06, 2021, 09:57:01 PM
So in Larne the unions who were supposed to be the ones raising concerns about alleged threats to workers leading to it's shutdown. The unions are disputing this. Is this more shit stirring but the dup??

Yes, I think this threat towards port staff was made up by the unionist parties.

They want customs posts at the border. NI to have a wall built around it. To hell with cross border trade, businesses, farmers and the north's economy! NI is british. No surrender!!

BennyCake

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 06, 2021, 04:58:15 PM
This last week really does raise so many questions here between impartiality of psni, divisive rhetoric on brexit, taking staff out of those ports for their own safety etc. It would be fine to say some people haven't moved on but the psni move at this particular time I find very worrying. The dup are going to resort to division as it is the only way they will survive and they will do that even if it costs lives. We know that well by now. The psni should be impartial. It is a very worrying development that business on the ormeau road.

Why are people constantly surprised at the PSNI antics?

They are a British police force in a British statelet. They push the British agenda. A new name and uniform means diddly squat. Even if there was 90/10 Catholic majority in the ranks, they'd still be told to push the British agenda. They are no different to the old RUC. Not one bit.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: BennyCake on February 06, 2021, 10:33:31 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 06, 2021, 04:58:15 PM
This last week really does raise so many questions here between impartiality of psni, divisive rhetoric on brexit, taking staff out of those ports for their own safety etc. It would be fine to say some people haven't moved on but the psni move at this particular time I find very worrying. The dup are going to resort to division as it is the only way they will survive and they will do that even if it costs lives. We know that well by now. The psni should be impartial. It is a very worrying development that business on the ormeau road.

Why are people constantly surprised at the PSNI antics?

They are a British police force in a British statelet. They push the British agenda. A new name and uniform means diddly squat. Even if there was 90/10 Catholic majority in the ranks, they'd still be told to push the British agenda. They are no different to the old RUC. Not one bit.

i concur, though all members of the psni are unionists regardless of their religion

johnnycool

George Eustace sends a great (begging) letter to the EU complaining about the banning of their shellfish, mollusks and whatever and needing to be reminded that in 2011 it was the UK Gov when in the EU requested and got a ban on the very same commodities coming into the EU from "third" countries.

Now that the UK is a third country they're banned by their own law.

As I say, thick as shít.

NAG1

I think there needs to be serious questions asked of MEA council, let's not forget they have form here with that said party and high ranking officials in the council.

So once the investigation starts with Poots I would be throwing the leadership of the council in along with it. IMO it is no coincidence that the council reacted in the way they did.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Is there any chance that if the protocol was scrapped that it would be worse for unionists?

I don't know enough about the intricacies of it but would love to see it all blow up in their bakes!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

I don't think they have the power to get it scrapped.

balladmaker

There's one sure way unionism can have the NI protocol scrapped, and that's to have a border poll ...  that will sort it out once and for all!

Rossfan

bennydorano

BBC News - Lord Frost: Brexit negotiator joins cabinet to deal with EU
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56101215

Not good news for anyone wanting a smooth working UK/EU relationship - with the added irony of a 'faceless unelected bureaucrat' being elevated to a ministerial position.

Rossfan

trailer

Matthew O'Toole seems to be articulating the opportunities very well. NI does have a unique opportunity and Unionism is stupid if they cannot see that.